Login

russian armor

M4C into tier 4

• This thread is locked
1 Nov 2017, 05:26 AM

This new change in the december patch will make both t34 useless now. Who would get a t34 75 when you get a m4c which is a way better AI and AT..

I can see all t34-85 commander take a hit aswell.

#save my t34s
1 Nov 2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

First impressions: this post doesn't seem like it belongs in the State Office.

There is a very similar question that can be asked now: why get a T-34/76 when you can get T-34/85s?

Sure, you could argue that putting M4Cs in Tier 4 will make the T-34/76 irrelevant. But it already makes T-34/76s irrelevant, being CP-bound and tech-independent.

T-34/85s will not take a hit. This is due to several factors:
- The T-34/85 has more HP (800 vs 640)
- The T-34/85 has greater max penetration (140 vs 130)
- The T-34/85 has a smaller hit box size (22 vs 23)
- The T-34/85 is less expensive to field (130FU vs 135FU)

Of course, the M4C has the advantage of:
- Higher DPM (damage per minute)

Also, T-34/85s and M4Cs are mutually exclusive. Guard Motor and Armored Assault are arguably better commanders, Advanced Warfare is much more niche.

Lend Lease, aside from the M4C (getting nerfed), DshK-38 (getting nerfed), and Allied Supply Drop, is quite lackluster.
- Conscript repair is marginally effective.
- M5 HT with Assault Guards comes far too late, and Assault Guards are paltry infantry.

After the patch, I would argue that Guard Motor would be a stronger commander. Because Maxims are getting buffed into viability again, you no longer need to get a DshK to reliably suppress infantry.
- Guards are a decent stopgap unit against light vehicles.
- Heavy Mortars make life hell for any defensive player, or a team weapon-heavy army.
- Vehicle Crew Repairs greatly decreases the downtime of a tank army.
- Mark Vehicle is extremely potent against heavy Axis armor.
- T-34/85s are arguably the best Soviet Medium Tank, due the fact that it is much more durable than the other two.

T-34/76s still have the advantage of being quite decent against infantry stock. They are also much less expensive (300MP 80FU), allowing you to field a huge T-34/76 swarm.

Of course T-34/76s are outclassed by doctrinal offerings that cost much more to field. Otherwise we would be asking the question "Why get a T-34/85 or an M4C instead of a T-34/76?"
1 Nov 2017, 11:56 AM

This new change in the december patch will make both t34 useless now. Who would get a t34 75 when you get a m4c which is a way better AI and AT..

I can see all t34-85 commander take a hit aswell.

#save my t34s

I don't know how you reached that conclusion but I must say that I disagree wholeheartedly.

This is a definitive (and resonable) nerf for the lend lease sherman as before you could field it without ever having to tech for t4. Now it has to compete with the t-34 which is a whopping 50 fuel cheaper.

If anything I agree with tightropes assertion that the sherman should probably get a very slight decrease in fuel cost now that it is tied to t4 which takes away one of the main appeals from the lend lease doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Australia 19
United States 14
Russian Federation 10
Peru 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L