Login

russian armor

Really confused about the December balance patch

• This thread is locked
14 Dec 2017, 22:36 PM

If you feel like you can do a better job, make your own balance mod and submit it.

I lol'd.
15 Dec 2017, 03:47 AM

More scatter, repairs from sturms are slower, veterancy slightly worse at like vet 4, popcap up 1 or 2. So several little things
oh well ... wish they would just remove these units from 1v1
15 Dec 2017, 11:03 AM

They are using expert opinions and the community's consent in the shape of voting. At the moment, both experts approve this patch AND there is an overwhelming amount of thumbs up on the workshop. You are free to go on streams asking players whether they think that the patch is a positive or negative thing, and they will all agree that it is mostly positive.

If you disagree with changes, vote against it. If you feel like you can do a better job, make your own balance mod and submit it.

You are delusional if you think that this mod would stand a chance without the approval of the playerbase. Just because people debate or disagree with a few chances in this vast patch, doesn't mean that people are against it.

The trolling gets old to be honest. I just want to remind you that these expert opinions need to be taken with a grain of salt. These experts are mostly 1v1 players, with a regular 2v2 here and there. They rarely play 3v3 and 4v4, let alone often. They give, however, feedback for a patch that is aimed primarily at balancing 3v3 and 4v4. The justification for changes based on their expert opinions is dubious at best.

15 Dec 2017, 12:47 PM

The patch is being released whether you like it or not. I'll be glad never to speak of dbp ever again considering all the moaning it's caused on this forum.
15 Dec 2017, 12:49 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 12:47 PMSwift
The patch is being released whether you like it or not. I'll be glad never to speak of dbp ever again considering all the moaning it's caused on this forum.

It’s ok they can moan about the summer balance patch instead
15 Dec 2017, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 12:49 PMArray

It’s ok they can moan about the summer balance patch instead

Fun fact: The production name of DBP is actually "Summer Balance Patch".
15 Dec 2017, 13:19 PM

The trolling gets old to be honest. I just want to remind you that these expert opinions need to be taken with a grain of salt. These experts are mostly 1v1 players, with a regular 2v2 here and there. They rarely play 3v3 and 4v4, let alone often. They give, however, feedback for a patch that is aimed primarily at balancing 3v3 and 4v4. The justification for changes based on their expert opinions is dubious at best.

Didn't they also speak with some best 2vs2 and 4vs4 teams to bring balances around late game units on those mods?
15 Dec 2017, 13:48 PM
Donator 11

Fun fact: The production name of DBP is actually "Summer Balance Patch".

I KNEW this patch wouldn’t really come out anytime soon
15 Dec 2017, 13:52 PM

Maybe you should stop censoring every freaking thing on this site. Would make your headaches a little less severe too.
15 Dec 2017, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 13:19 PMEsxile

Didn't they also speak with some best 2vs2 and 4vs4 teams to bring balances around late game units on those mods?

I don't know? They aren't exactly very transparent about these things lol
15 Dec 2017, 14:49 PM

Maybe you should stop censoring every freaking thing on this site. Would make your headaches a little less severe too.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt once before, and I thought we had an agreement.

Don't provoke me, because my tether is short and my time is limited, so I will resort to the easiest solution possible. Stop being a whiney shit and you won't have to deal with me.
16 Dec 2017, 13:35 PM
Patrion 310

Now sorry but I'll go ahead and just say it, Relic have no shame

Don't mock the Relic GM, the captain got a plan ;);
Relic Entertainment's Justin Dowdeswell on regaining stability after THQ's collapse, and the imminent launch of Dawn of War III
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-12-sega-had-a-plan-to-quietly-become-a-powerhouse-in-pc-publishing
Wednesday 12th April 2017
"Sega has put a lot of trust and even expectation on the studios to define its future, to plot that course. That gave us the freedom and flexibility we really needed to bring Relic back. Even though that acquisition was pivotal, I would say that any group - games or not - is going to suffer from the bankruptcy of a parent company. There was a lot of repair and recovery to do as a result."
Quote;Justin Dowdeswell

Sorry Captain to burst your bubble, but after 4 years of "rebuilding Relic", FFS stop using the THQ victim card.
Alex Garden, the founder, and former CEO of Relic could have done this in less than 2 years.

DoW3 are financially dead weight, now get back to work on AoE4/CoH. Even CoH2 has more growth potential than DoW3.
18 Dec 2017, 09:43 AM

Don't know about that.

I remember this board being dead before DBP was announced. Like not a single new post until about 11am.
So wether the posts are interesting or dumb, at least CoH2.org is active again imo.
18 Dec 2017, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 14:49 PMSwift

I've given you the benefit of the doubt once before, and I thought we had an agreement.

Don't provoke me, because my tether is short and my time is limited, so I will resort to the easiest solution possible. Stop being a whiney shit and you won't have to deal with me.

That's mod power abuse and if we were in court we would have enough evidence to put you in jail so I suggest you stand down from your liberal-nazi beliefs and endorse what the internet was built upon, the freedom of speech, just because you don't agree with what we say doesn't mean it's not the truth or that it's wrong.

Edit: Or put down the mantle of a mod if you think you can't take the pressure, nobody is forcing you to do this.
18 Dec 2017, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 13:19 PMEsxile

They did
18 Dec 2017, 17:43 PM

That's mod power abuse and if we were in court we would have enough evidence to put you in jail so I suggest you stand down from your liberal-nazi beliefs and endorse what the internet was built upon, the freedom of speech, just because you don't agree with what we say doesn't mean it's not the truth or that it's wrong.

Edit: Or put down the mantle of a mod if you think you can't take the pressure, nobody is forcing you to do this.

This is a public thread, we shouldn't be discussing moderation policy and prison sentences here. We've got a topic to follow here, so let's respect that.

@HighFiveeeee what kind of timeframe are you talking here?
18 Dec 2017, 18:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2017, 17:43 PMSwift

This is a public thread, we shouldn't be discussing moderation policy and prison sentences here. We've got a topic to follow here, so let's respect that.

"Really confused about the December balance patch"
31 Oct 2017, 12:44 PM

OP got his answer on the 2nd post. Gonna close the thread.

If someone wants to open a new thread to discuss whatever FOTD whine, you can do so in the respective section (you also have the shoutbox). I appreciate reading to criticism, people bashing relic with facts (see Sturmtigercobra posts), heck i like from time to time looking at creative quality shitposts.

Also a reminder:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS