Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
10 Dec 2017, 20:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll say this once and not again, please remove USF rifle smoke from all sources. They have a mortar for smoke and do not need any more. Currently rifle nade smokes is just a get out of jail free card. You get suppressed, "oh I just rifle nade smoke." People just need to learn to flank. Period.
10 Dec 2017, 21:00 PM

I'll say this once and not again, please remove USF rifle smoke from all sources. They have a mortar for smoke and do not need any more. Currently rifle nade smokes is just a get out of jail free card. You get suppressed, "oh I just rifle nade smoke." People just need to learn to flank. Period.

You want flanking? Go play vCoh. :Đ
This game is made to abuse A button on keyboard.
And a sturmtiger/avre shot here and there.
10 Dec 2017, 21:06 PM

I agree with the sentiment but restricting smoke to morters only guarantees that a morter will be built every game and i find indirect fire meta to be a real annoyance.

Personally i would add smoke to lt, capt, major and increase the cost so it is ised more for major tactical assults rather than every engagement involving an mg.
10 Dec 2017, 21:13 PM

Swap rilfesmoke with Flamethrower from Rifle doctrine... ^_^

Everyone gets happy, no more riflesmoke everygame and USF gains the flame tool to clean buildings.
10 Dec 2017, 21:31 PM

As much as I like luvnest and dave, more goes into being a top player than just knowing the game. You need to be good at micro, know counters, vet etc. If you excel at one of these areas you can theoredically compensate for maybe a lack in other areas. Such as having excellent micro but not knowing stats and chances to pen etc. Nothing against those players, but I don't think they'd be the absolute best choice when coming to balance arguements.

The issue at hand here is the timing of the luchs and how it contributes to maintaing the okw snowball effect. Stats are not relevant here since most agree the performance of the luchs is not in question.

This is a gameplay issue and no one is more qualified (on this issue) than coh2's GOAT.

Most of my perspective comes from watching top level players such as Vonivan so I would be quite interested in hearing their views.

For the record I don't particularly like the solution of an increased build time. Rather i see a fuel increase as more appropriate as it not only delays the luchs, and prevents the cheese of duel luchs but also makes trying to cut off okw have a more meaningful impact. As things stand atm in is almost impossible to prevent or signicantly delay okw from getting a luchs unless the okw screws up quite badly.
10 Dec 2017, 21:51 PM

If we are going to take Luvnest's opinion as the bible, who do we ask, then?

Luchs 85 secs build time isn't so tragic as it sounds. I mean, M20 has a 60 second build time, and it also deadlocks your LT tier build order until it's ready.

Oh please, were those up to date with DBP changes ? cons being available and sov having a proper snare ? Ptrs being better ? Luchs having worse at capabilities ? Kubel nerf ?
Luchs doesn't come any faster than t70 and other light vehicles..

This is nonsense :S
10 Dec 2017, 22:19 PM

That is correct, but I feel if you just remove all smoke rifle nades without any compensate, the tables will just turn and it will be very frustrating to deal with multiple HMGs and snipers as USF.
10 Dec 2017, 22:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

That is correct, but I feel if you just remove all smoke rifle nades without any compensate, the tables will just turn and it will be very frustrating to deal with multiple HMGs and snipers as USF.

And then you look at OKW :guyokay:
10 Dec 2017, 22:30 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The issue at hand here is the timing of the luchs and how it contributes to maintaing the okw snowball effect. Stats are not relevant here since most agree the performance of the luchs is not in question.

This is a gameplay issue and no one is more qualified (on this issue) than coh2's GOAT.

Most of my perspective comes from watching top level players such as Vonivan so I would be quite interested in hearing their views.

For the record I don't particularly like the solution of an increased build time. Rather i see a fuel increase as more appropriate as it not only delays the luchs, and prevents the cheese of duel luchs but also makes trying to cut off okw have a more meaningful impact. As things stand atm in is almost impossible to prevent or signicantly delay okw from getting a luchs unless the okw screws up quite badly.

How is that any different than ostheer getting on your cutoff with a 251 flamer? it'll arrive around the same time, and fills a similar role. The difference is ostheer is the only faction which requires combined arms and isn't brain dead A move infantry like the rest.
10 Dec 2017, 22:49 PM

People we have talked about regarding Luchs -such as Luvnest and Dave who we consider to be good players- their main issue with the Luchs is the fact it arrives too early in the game compared to other light tank/light tank-esque vehicles hence the change.

They suggested it to have a 85 second build time? I highly doubt that. It is way too excessive. Don't get me wrong, the thing is too potent in the live version. However, the KT build time is 90 seconds, the panzer II luchs now has an almost equal build time.

Originally I suggested the Mechanized and Luchs both get 15 seconds on their build timer, though people would just plop down the Mech truck sooner.

If anyone has a better suggestion regarding the early Luchs timing, feel free to put it in.

I do have an idea, however I don't know if it is possible. Give the luchs a 65 seconds build time and, if possible, make it so that it can only be build after a 15-20 second 'cooldown' after the mech truck is setup. This way you will have your 85 second build time, but it will not have a 85 second build time if you want to rebuild it for example.

Again, I don't know if this is possible, but it would delay the obvious problematic timing whilst not punishing anyone trying to rebuild it.
10 Dec 2017, 22:56 PM

How is that any different than ostheer getting on your cutoff with a 251 flamer? it'll arrive around the same time, and fills a similar role. The difference is ostheer is the only faction which requires combined arms and isn't brain dead A move infantry like the rest.

Not that it couldn't be fixed by simply removing stg and reverting volks cost to 240....

But we all know what kind of direction the patch took in the lastest versions.
1) reactionary overnerfs (demo, luchs, walking stuka...)
2) incentive into blobbing
3) reactionary overbuff to now hilariously cost effective cons.
4) nerf to the blob resilience of elites (included into point 2, bren and bar blobs have nothing to fear as obers drop like flies at vet 5)
5) one way or the other, the "get out of jail free" smoke of usf is still there, in mainline and tanks (again a move blobs incentive)
6) penals still dominate like nothing else.

It must be a "teamgames" thing to defend A-move of blobs.....
11 Dec 2017, 00:18 AM

Thx for the report. I went through the veterancy files, and it seems that the intended +15% accuracy bonus at Vet5 is not applying properly.
it's not about 15% accuracy bug , they do all of this without hurra ,imagine if they hurra rushed with yellow cover all over the place
11 Dec 2017, 01:27 AM

Thx for the report. I went through the veterancy files, and it seems that the intended +15% accuracy bonus at Vet5 is not applying properly.

That is pretty much irrelevant as it would be bullshit even with vet 0 falls...
11 Dec 2017, 07:27 AM

i've heard miragefla said the small arm fire will make sure surpressed squad remain surpressed right ?

what does ostheer player usaully do when they encounter smoke ? did they move in pioneer or did they reposition the MG or they use nearby squad to provide supressing fire to make sure the victim remain surpressed ?

i haven't play ostheer that much so i have no idea but perhaps there must be a way to prevent " get out of jail card" right ?
11 Dec 2017, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2017, 21:13 PMEsxile

Everyone gets happy, no more riflesmoke everygame and USF gains the flame tool to clean buildings.

you have a RE for that..use it
11 Dec 2017, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2017, 21:13 PMEsxile

We had that before and it was extremely strong. IMO main battle inf should never, ever be able to buy flamethrowers.

REs, Pios, Engineers and Sappers are fine. Sturms are a bit of a conflict for me but as Feuersturm is bullshit either way, it's no big deal (YET).
11 Dec 2017, 09:44 AM

Question out of the main topic

Do we know the realeasing date of a patch?
11 Dec 2017, 10:02 AM

We had that before and it was extremely strong. IMO main battle inf should never, ever be able to buy flamethrowers.

REs, Pios, Engineers and Sappers are fine. Sturms are a bit of a conflict for me but as Feuersturm is bullshit either way, it's no big deal (YET).

There is a misunderstanding, Swap RM RifleSmoke with RE flamethrower. So the doctrine is again Riflemen centered with the smoke nade and USF has a stock option to clean building.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight