Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
12 Dec 2017, 20:53 PM

The problem appears after cons vet3, when they get a -40%RA, so falls can kill a nonvet cons and vet2 cons, but killing a vet3 cons are very hard for them:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209005451

Honestly falls still worse than most of elite inf even at long range, so think for yourself.
In my opinion falls need to drop without FG42 (with rifles only, like it was in vCoH, and like it now happening with wehr stormtroopers) and get an upgrade to FG42 for 100 muni (with the FG42 buff, ofc). But thats are a serious changes and I don't think it's at all possible, even in the future.
12 Dec 2017, 21:11 PM

In this case I think I would prefer to have double raketen :P

Why not both, double rakketen and Falls ? Its not like when you buy elite infantry you wont be able to get second AT during the match ;)
12 Dec 2017, 21:45 PM

What's wrong exactly with Infiltration Commando changes? They're literally the most expensive Commando variant in the game now, considering you need to reinforce them to get their full squad, and they can't exactly wipe things anymore by popping in the middle of nowhere.

I really like that once you get them back to base they pretty much become an normal Commando squad when reinforced. Are there any stat differences or are they now in effect normal Commandos that can spawn from buildings but in return start two models down?

I'm still intrigued how the hypothetical OKW supply yard you mentioned would work.
13 Dec 2017, 02:01 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You can find the notes here: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244441/december-balance-preview-changelog/p1?new=1

V1.0-V2.0 Compiled
13 Dec 2017, 03:04 AM

V1.0-V2.0 Compiled

:clap: nice

Reading compiled stuff i noticed...

Luchs got a pretty big scatter on move increase(i think), that might hurt it a lot. Was really only good b/c of its timing, it was fine to deal with when you had enough munitions for infantry at later on or you had another vehicle out. Unless of course you defended your cutoff with the bodies of your at nade infantry, which later you hopefully won't have to do later.

Ig i just think it was comparable to the t70 for cost/performance, just came like many many minutes sooner

Tiger is faster :D

Ez8 got nerfed vs infantry while moving :snfCHVGame: it wasn't that good vs infantry, it was good vs tanks

13 Dec 2017, 04:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Luchs got a pretty big scatter on move increase(i think), that might hurt it a lot. Was really only good b/c of its timing, it was fine to deal with when you had enough munitions for infantry at later on or you had another vehicle out. Unless of course you defended your cutoff with the bodies of your at nade infantry, which later you hopefully won't have to do later.

The luchs is almost exclusively an accuracy based light vehicle, I don't think the moving scatter changes will hurt it that much.
13 Dec 2017, 10:23 AM
Donator 22

After reading the complete list once again, I noticed that the Universal Carrier got shared veterancy (great thing), but the Kübelwagen didn´t. Was that already introduced in an earlier patch? (I am a bit confused with all the revamps, patch previews...)
If not whats the reason? I mean bringing the UC to vet 3 isn´t that hard (the vehicle can kill effectively after all) but for the Kübel it's a lifelong dedication to even see vet 3.
Also King Tiger vet requirements should be lowered after the nerfs.
13 Dec 2017, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2017, 15:38 PMNubb3r

No seriously, make it at least 60 or 65 seconds to start and see how things change, if at all. The hammer can't be swung too hard like that.

Same thing I mentioned aswell and got flamed for :snfPeter:

"You have to do it like this because Relic does not have the manpower to do more patches!"

:S

13 Dec 2017, 16:35 PM

Also did someone adress how confusing demo for newer player will be ?

All "booby traps" and mines are meant to be defused by engineers with sweeper. But right now the demo is only defusable by A-move TARGETING and blowing it with small arms.

If any engineer squad runs towards the demo right now, in order to defuse it, it will die. For some reason engineers aren't able to defuse current demo but detonate it and die in a process.

The fact, that all demos are now visible, so all (not only sweeper) engineers will run towards them, defusing them and diing in the process like a bee trying to protect its hive.

Another fact is that there is no way how to disable demo once it is planted, it will always blow up. So the moment it is placed on your HQ you can forget about your HQ all togher as you wont be able to defuse the demo at all :(

PS: If you don't believe me, try it in DBP 2.0

And I thought we were trying to achieve a more user-friendly game... <444>_<444>
13 Dec 2017, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

Another fact is that there is no way how to disable demo once it is planted, it will always blow up. So the moment it is placed on your HQ you can forget about your HQ all togher as you wont be able to defuse the demo at all :(

And I thought we were trying to achieve a more user-friendly game... <444>_<444>

Presumably the only reason someone wouldn't instantly set off a demo they have built on an HQ would be to wait for your blob to retreat so they can take some troops down too OR you kill the squad laying it just as they finish so the other player doesn't have time to trigger it?

Are there often cases where a demo is left undetonated on an HQ?
13 Dec 2017, 18:33 PM

If that were the case there wouldn't be special rules with slot items having differential stats depending on carrier. Or sniper cloaking timers might be more intuitive. (I miss the old method of exposing your sniper before taking a shot to keep the cloaking timer down.)
13 Dec 2017, 18:41 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Also did someone adress how confusing demo for newer player will be ?

All "booby traps" and mines are meant to be defused by engineers with sweeper. But right now the demo is only defusable by A-move TARGETING and blowing it with small arms.

If any engineer squad runs towards the demo right now, in order to defuse it, it will die. For some reason engineers aren't able to defuse current demo but detonate it and die in a process.

The fact, that all demos are now visible, so all (not only sweeper) engineers will run towards them, defusing them and diing in the process like a bee trying to protect its hive.

I played a game this patch in 3v3, where an opponet planted a demo on my allies battlegroup HQ. We forced his squads away and removed his vision of the units around the demo. Then before he was able to send another squad up to gain vision, I diffused it with my sturms. The opponet was salty :clap:
13 Dec 2017, 19:12 PM

Tbh demos are another game mechanic that doesn't work in multiplayer unless it's in the form of the "destroy cover" ability. I would just remove demos, what really interesting and strategic diversity do they actually give to the game? no skill one click wiping squads? hmm yeah...
13 Dec 2017, 19:22 PM

Tbh demos are another game mechanic that doesn't work in multiplayer unless it's in the form of the "destroy cover" ability. I would just remove demos, what really interesting and strategic diversity do they actually give to the game? no skill one click wiping squads? hmm yeah...

Blowing up annoying buildings, bunkers and structure, not that thats what they are used for most of the time, but thats why they were put in and why they should stay. without the wiping guys walking in an open field part
13 Dec 2017, 19:27 PM

Blowing up annoying buildings, bunkers and structure, not that thats what they are used for most of the time, but thats why they were put in and why they should stay. without the wiping guys walking in an open field part

Then replace the explosion of the "destroy cover" ability with the demo one and done, you have your ability to destroy buildings, bunker and structures that most likely you wont ever use.
13 Dec 2017, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2017, 17:17 PMArray

Presumably the only reason someone wouldn't instantly set off a demo they have built on an HQ would be to wait for your blob to retreat so they can take some troops down too OR you kill the squad laying it just as they finish so the other player doesn't have time to trigger it?

Are there often cases where a demo is left undetonated on an HQ?

demo on schwer headquerter. why ? because if they blow the demo by mortar it's should have left only 5 hp

Mr.Smith also put one on my fuel cache lel it's like hand me a revolver to smoke myself
13 Dec 2017, 22:04 PM

Do Soviet sandbag fighting positions count as sandbags and will therefore have 240 hp and 35 armor?

Which sandbags were not at this level and are getting buffed/nerfed?
13 Dec 2017, 22:10 PM

Do Soviet sandbag fighting positions count as sandbags and will therefore have 240 hp and 35 armor?

Which sandbags were not at this level and are getting buffed/nerfed?

Soviet handbags had 240HP 10 armour
OKW/USF sandbags had 110HP 35 armour
OST/UKF sandbags had 300(?) HP 35 armour
13 Dec 2017, 22:21 PM

Who came up with those numbers :luvDerp: good to see they will be equal now
13 Dec 2017, 22:48 PM