Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
7 Dec 2017, 13:26 PM

Permanently Banned

if you dont know the advantage of a 6 model squad...i dont know..maybe learn basics?

- ever tried to recrew a wepoan?
- get an arty strike?
- and cons (t0) with ppsh are much stronger than grens (t1)

and so on..

Did you try recrew with brits ? Get arty strike ?
Cons without ppsh are just trash vs grens with LMG or gev43.

You forget that models stuck in this game, so get wipe with 6 models canbe same like with 4.
If youso like 6 models, lets chage name from soviet ot osthher,andlets how you will be good with 6 models :snfPeter:
7 Dec 2017, 13:35 PM

Did you try recrew with brits ? Get arty strike ?
Cons without ppsh are just trash vs grens with LMG or gev43.

You forget that models stuck in this game, so get wipe with 6 models canbe same like with 4.
If youso like 6 models, lets chage name from soviet ot osthher,andlets how you will be good with 6 models :snfPeter:

You are Welcome:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65603/1on1-wpb-v1-3-ullumulu-sov-vs-mr-smith-okw
7 Dec 2017, 15:11 PM

Is there any chance of getting STORMtroopers in STORM Doctrine? Can it be put on the docket for next Balance preview if not this one?

It just seems to make sense especially with ambush and tactical movement overlapping
7 Dec 2017, 15:30 PM

Is there any chance of getting STORMtroopers in STORM Doctrine? Can it be put on the docket for next Balance preview if not this one?

It just seems to make sense especially with ambush and tactical movement overlapping

IMO this is probably bad idea. Firstly, Stromtroopers are werid unit which has no special purpose and they overlap a bit with PzGrens, but secondly (and mainly) they are munition-heavy unit in doctrine that is already relying on muni (camo upgrade, riegel mines and dive bomb). Thirdly, with camo upgrade they would even more overlap with a PzGrens in terms of stealth.

In other words, there is a chance to make one more OST commander very, very useful and it cannot be dissmied so easily by putting in it Stromtroopers which will kill this opportunity.
7 Dec 2017, 15:43 PM

Question Sir
Obersoldaten LMG34
We felt that the LMG34 would generally over perform when picked up by non-elite infantry due to the higher-than-average veterancy bonuses non-elite infantry accumulate. To account for this, we've made the following change:

Non-elite squad LMG34 (picked-up) damage from 6 to 4

what a unit call it Elite Squad Same Like PTRS Stats ?
But now I test by Use 2 Elite USF Squad Ranger and Paratrooper
Pick up 1 LMG34 and combat to some enemy squad

I see Ranger w/ LMG34 deal dmg 4 hp per hit
and paratrooper Remember paratrooper this 1 of 2 (UKF commando) unit able Fire all lmg while Moving Right ?
I mean their can fire LMG34 with dmg 6 hp per hit like obersoldaten for now
but ok This 2 unit Inf elite type now
thank for reading my question
7 Dec 2017, 15:58 PM

Like Ausie Magic said, add Stromtrooper would cause more inconsistence (and they need a lot of munitions for upgrade). Better add some call-in or munition free abilities, we do not want another NKVD doctrine that have so many munitions sink abilities.
7 Dec 2017, 16:07 PM

like the sound of the new Fallschirmjäger changes. Now that they drop from the sky, are the bundle grenades still on cooldown?
7 Dec 2017, 16:07 PM

If you buff ostheer , you will be must buff soviet czo thay are like twins.

Interesting.

Buffs to penals --> No buffs to grens

Buffs to conscripts now --> No buffs to grens

As a matter of fact:

Only nerfs to Ostheer for the most part.
7 Dec 2017, 16:17 PM

Interesting.

As a matter of fact:

and penals got nerfs to.
7 Dec 2017, 16:20 PM

Concensus seems to be that there should be a unit callin for the commander, which i agree with.

infantry callins are-Jaeger officer, artillery officer,osturuppen, Halftracks with grens/pgrens.
Vehicle callins- tank, tiger, puma, tiger ace, elephant, mortar ht.

All of these would create
doctrinal overlap, Jaeger officer, artillery officer, Gren ht, mortar ht.
Not fit the theme- ostruppen, command tank, puma, elephant(also overlap with jaeger armor).
Create balance issues-Tiger, Tiger ace

This leaves pgren halftrack and stormtroopers to me. But since its STORM doctrine, i like stormtroopers.

They are just finalizing the patch now so i suggest this instead of a double sprint and b/c it would be the easiest to get the scope for if it is even possible to add.

(if i forgot a callin call me out tho)
7 Dec 2017, 16:22 PM

and penals got nerfs to.

Yes now they did. But as Vasa put it, if you buff Soviets, you need to buff Ostheer too. Which of course never happened back then, they only buffed penals to be terminators. His reasoning is flawed.
7 Dec 2017, 16:54 PM

Concensus seems to be that there should be a unit callin for the commander, which i agree with.

infantry callins are-Jaeger officer, artillery officer,osturuppen, Halftracks with grens/pgrens.
Vehicle callins- tank, tiger, puma, tiger ace, elephant, mortar ht.

All of these would create
doctrinal overlap, Jaeger officer, artillery officer, Gren ht, mortar ht.
Not fit the theme- ostruppen, command tank, puma, elephant(also overlap with jaeger armor).
Create balance issues-Tiger, Tiger ace

This leaves pgren halftrack and stormtroopers to me. But since its STORM doctrine, i like stormtroopers.

They are just finalizing the patch now so i suggest this instead of a double sprint and b/c it would be the easiest to get the scope for if it is even possible to add.

(if i forgot a callin call me out tho)

Not sure why Puma or Command PzIV don't fit doctrine. They look fine for me and would give this doctrine huge bust. Putting in Stromtroopers just because they are "storm" will kill this doctrine and there will be hardly any point to call them in since you can get stealth PzGrens. It also doesn't change the fact that this doctrine in munition-heavy and another muni ability (stormtroopers) is kinda pointless.

I guess the best solution would be to give this doctrine Puma, Cmd PzIV or mortar HT. Anything taht does not cost ammo.
You just can't put in one commander abilities which consume ammo:
- Ambush + Sprint
- Riegel mines
- Stuka Dive bomb
and one more
- stormtroopers which need 100 ammo for an stg upgrade.

You simply cannot do that.

AssaultGrens might be an option tho. They are offensive unit and they don't overlap with PzGrens.
7 Dec 2017, 16:58 PM

A great little gameplay improvement would be if all sandbags and tank traps could clip through territory and victory points flags.
7 Dec 2017, 17:17 PM

I don't think the Munitions argument is valid. They just reworked Recon support to have 5 abilities which cost or imply the usage of munitions through upgrades or abilities and I think that's fine, and that doctrine has received a lot of positive feedback. The abilities here do not overlap in function, eg. mines, off maps, infantry upgrades, they can be all used at different phases of the game.

To me storm doctrine does not scream scout car that hunts tanks in the puma. Puma could probably work though. Don't see a balance issue or it being useless, may suffer a bit without smoke though.

Command tank and Artillery are in mechanized
Mortar HT and artillery are in festung support.

Assault grens could actually work but they aren't very good :luvDerp:
7 Dec 2017, 17:24 PM

I don't think the Munitions argument is valid. They just reworked Recon support to have 5 abilities which cost or imply the usage of munitions through upgrades or abilities and I think that's fine, and that doctrine has received a lot of positive feedback. The abilities here do not overlap in function, eg. mines, off maps, infantry upgrades, they can be all used at different phases of the game.

To me storm doctrine does not scream scout car that hunts tanks in the puma. Puma could probably work though. Don't see a balance issue or it being useless, may suffer a bit without smoke though.

Command tank and Artillery are in mechanized
Mortar HT and artillery are in festung support.

Assault grens could actually work but they aren't very good :luvDerp:

Well, even if you don't find ammo argument valid, there is still huge overlap between Storms and PzGrens with ambush camo - in other words it feels like a huge waste to spare this one ability for something that is avaible even without it ;) It's like adding stuka some drop to a commander that has panzer tactican. Sure they are not the same but they would overlap in 9/10 cases.
7 Dec 2017, 17:25 PM

My concern about the Commander Revamps is that the team is focusing on making them "balanced", while avoiding the fact that the top tier commanders still exist and aren't going anywhere. So some of the new commanders look fun and interesting, but lighting warfare, scavenge, armor company, they all still exist and provide tools to fill the holes in faction design, while offering strong tools.

I feel the only way to make sure the new commanders are used is that they either fill a niche, or they are just as good as the OP commanders. Just my personal opinion.
7 Dec 2017, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned

You are Welcome:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/65603/1on1-wpb-v1-3-ullumulu-sov-vs-mr-smith-okw

And what this repley must show to me ? One game can be example of balance ?
7 Dec 2017, 19:10 PM

And what this repley must show to me ? One game can be example of balance ?
at least he provide some , on the other side you ...
7 Dec 2017, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned

Interesting.

As a matter of fact:

Penals are line infatry ? Penals cost 240 ?
Dont cons suck from 2014 ? You whanna say ,taht in live version of game, cons are same AI like grens ? Cons deserve little buff, coz its just shame, taht line infatry with same price like have another units, suck vs them.
Coz maybe users liek you defend 2 sec reload old ostheer mortar ? And write here that he are fine, coz 4 models vs 6 ?
7 Dec 2017, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Yes now they did. But as Vasa put it, if you buff Soviets, you need to buff Ostheer too. Which of course never happened back then, they only buffed penals to be terminators. His reasoning is flawed.

Didnt i write that penals are broken ? From last patch, only t1 take soviets in game, coz all another strats are bad. But you can ignore taht facts that cons like AI unit are bad compared to grens and folks that have same price.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS