Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
3 Nov 2017, 12:52 PM

if you don't try to spam it.

Are you playing with resource cheats that you're not telling us?
3 Nov 2017, 12:54 PM

I would like to know to what the are comparing this tank. Because it's just random nerf with cheesy explanation

Honestly ever since they took over, nerf hammer had been all over OKW, Ost barely got any change (at all), and Allies meta kept getting tuned again and again but they were never underpowered.

Coincidence? I guess not.
3 Nov 2017, 12:56 PM

Facepalm*

I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Suddenly I wholeheartedly support Relic's previous decision of ignoring the community and balance suggestions by some modders.

(after hearing Panther and Spam in the same sentence)
3 Nov 2017, 13:16 PM

Why are their so many unappreciated douchebags in this community, So um-believably toxic. The modders are giving them their time not being payed to try and fix the game yet you lash out and demand demand and demand, such trash. Get this people, not all changes you will like deal with it because thats life.

Had to say that.

Anyway, I have been playing the patch primary focusing on Soviets first and I will say that conscripts I do feel are a bit op now lol. They have alot of utility and now bolster a very descent damage output, I honestly think it best to just reduce their accuracy considering they get 40% more at vet 2 and can pick up 2 weapons.

ISU well and good, just bump up its pop abit 20 is to low.

Dushka and m4c is all good, as much as I hate it (considering they have been like that forever) it had to be done.

Penals now can have 2 defined rolls plus small nerfs ake them reasonable.

Thats it for now, will test ost next.

3 Nov 2017, 14:51 PM

I got outplayed by Von in this game pretty early but i think flare mines should be looked, i think they are too cheap and spammable, can make some serious damage, maybe making only a ability for combat engineers and not cons? and i think demos need a rework too, the wipe potential of them with only 1 click is too strong in my opinion, Von said that maybe could be added a limit to only 1 planted at the time or increasing its price to 120, i think it should have a limit of wipes like mines, like leaving only 1 model alive so it doesnt wipe the entire squad but there is still a risk to get wiped.

Yeah, while we are at it, why not do the same with s-mines and bundled nades?

inb4 all the werhaboos giving all sorts of excuses to why those are balanced...
3 Nov 2017, 16:24 PM

Honestly ever since they took over, nerf hammer had been all over OKW, Ost barely got any change (at all), and Allies meta kept getting tuned again and again but they were never underpowered.

Coincidence? I guess not.
Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. We don't need biased patchers.

For the largest part the patchnotes are Axis nerfs and Allied buffs that eventually will synergize (Elefant + JT nerf vs Jackson buff) and kill Axis lategame.

The excuse is to balance the game for the 4vs4 mode. Strange enough the official developers once told us to balance the game right, you have to do it in and for the small modes (1v1, 2v2) since every change there will affect the other modes.

Thus I see my assumption confirmed that they are making up shallow excuses ("we need to fix 4v4s") to just nerf Germans in every mode.

Even if you call them out for it their tactic is to ignore your comment though.
3 Nov 2017, 16:32 PM

Permanently Banned

This game isn't CS, it has A FAR MORE central competitive 1vs1 mode, where DE FACTO panthers are dead, and this game kills their zombie corpses.

Sherman can have triple hmg and he shells, panzer 4 can have triple hmg and aoe main gun.
Late game infantry in a crater (green cover) will get no damage from panther at any reasonable distance, including snare range.

So caches change, JT and ele nerf makes for 1v1 ? from 2v2 to 4v4 this game plays more then 1v1, so dont touch problems in this games modes its a crime.
3 Nov 2017, 16:53 PM

Yep, but you can test it in yellow too.
In yellow there will be a notable difference.
In green the difference will even be bigger.

Why don't you test it and provide us some sort of proof in form of video?
3 Nov 2017, 17:10 PM

How does one spam 175+ fuel units without controlling the entire maps worth of fuel income?

Even in 4v4s I really only see multiple panthers in games where axis either dominated fuel control or never had their fuel contested.
3 Nov 2017, 17:16 PM

Here's why they ignore you:

They are too busy talking to people who are hard at work testing these changes. They are trying to determine whether they really are an improvement on balance. Because believe it or not, nobody knows for a certainty yet. Especially not you.

Meanwhile, you're offering no analysis. We are acutely aware that you believe axis has the short end of the stick. But with only your personal anecdotes, authoritative statements and very strong convictions, you have failed to persuade us.

Now being useless is forgivable, but you've taken it a step further, haven't you? You insult the people who are just trying to do a job. You accuse them of bias.
They know they may be biased, or lacking some information at the very least. Balancing this game is more complex than merely pointing out over/under powered units. If they were truly pushing an agenda, they would never have brought the update mod to the wider community for feedback before implementing it.

Axis is receiving a few more nerfs than allies this patch, and the only people that advocate trashing it all can't provide a well reasoned argument with some credibility and evidence. Odds are, the extra nerfs axis is getting this time around are justified.

Try developing a more informed opinion than *axis good allies bad*. Then you might get a response.
3 Nov 2017, 17:27 PM

For the largest part the patchnotes are Axis nerfs and Allied buffs that eventually will synergize (Elefant + JT nerf vs Jackson buff) and kill Axis lategame.

The excuse is to balance the game for the 4vs4 mode. Strange enough the official developers once told us to balance the game right, you have to do it in and for the small modes (1v1, 2v2) since every change there will affect the other modes.

Thus I see my assumption confirmed that they are making up shallow excuses ("we need to fix 4v4s") to just nerf Germans in every mode.

Units like the Elefant and JT are only ever used in team games. Because getting them in 1v1 is suicide since you spend so much on a tank that only kills tanks.

In 1v1 most USF players don't get jacksons, they get shermans and just micro them. Or they spam m10's. Only time they spam jacksons is if they didn't go Armor Company and the opponent is super ahead in the tank department. Even then the Jackson just scares away tanks, god help it if it tried to dive and got 3 shotted by typical AT.

So yes changing the Jackson and Nerfing the elefant and JT would only effect team games, where you can bully up a Elefant with a king tiger. I think a valid complaint would be "Why get an Elefant now when I could get a Tiger?" The reason imo is because the Elefant has incredible range, and can constantly chew away at allied armor from afar. Maybe the elefant could use some slight compensation in cost for the nerf? Not sure.
3 Nov 2017, 17:30 PM

Yeah, while we are at it, why not do the same with s-mines and bundled nades?

inb4 all the werhaboos giving all sorts of excuses to why those are balanced...
"urd durr look at mee im annn allllyyy fanboiiiiiiiii fuck the werabooossss why do they play acxisss they should play cooollll faction ..... oh wait who do i fight after all play thea lliii boiiiissss ?"
please just stop its 2 year of your second accounr AAA do you want this one banned too ?
3 Nov 2017, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2017, 17:16 PMAronin

Here's why they ignore you:

They are too busy talking to people who are hard at work testing these changes. They are trying to determine whether they really are an improvement on balance. Because believe it or not, nobody knows for a certainty yet. Especially not you.
"Especially not you".

I have 1.5 k hours in Coh2 and I play the series since 2006. This statement simply shows how arrogant and full of yourself you are. You think you can dismiss community members statements just like that.

Meanwhile, you're offering no analysis. We are acutely aware that you believe axis has the short end of the stick. But with only your personal anecdotes, authoritative statements and very strong convictions, you have failed to persuade us.
Constructive posts were ignored multiple times. Such as what role the Panther should fulfill, what you think about redesigning the unit, Tier 3 outperforming Tier 4, the synergy between buffs on one side, nerfs on the other side etc. etc.

Now being useless is forgivable, but you've taken it a step further, haven't you? You insult the people who are just trying to do a job. You accuse them of bias.
It's refreshing to see you admitting that the job isn't done right, even if you just did it subconsciously. "They tried a good job" is a nice code in work-certificates for people that failed at their job.

How am I useless? I'm pointing out your blatant incompetence to balance the game.

What is way worse is to abuse your position of power given by the developers to adjust the game as you please.

That alone wouldn't be as bad. But if the community is discussing the Panther for over a year now and it's discussed that the Ost Panther might be lackluster and you THEN come up with a nerf to its veterancy DESPITE the aforementioned discussions has more than just a strange taste to it. It's topped with the onesided adjustments into the Allied favour in general. You admit yourself that Axis is getting the short end of the stick.

They know they may be biased, or lacking some information at the very least. Balancing this game is more complex than merely pointing out over/under powered units. If they were truly pushing an agenda, they would never have brought the update mod to the wider community for feedback before implementing it.
I thought they weren't biased. You are contradicting yourself here.

The shitstorm would have come anyway. So they might as well present it now. More so you can make ridiculous suggestions at first in your patchnotes jsut to see how far you can push the community. Then you can give in a bit so that big nerfs don't look as bad as the before proposed ridiculous suggestions.

Axis is receiving a few more nerfs than allies this patch, and the only people that advocate trashing it all can't provide a well reasoned argument with some credibility and evidence. Odds are, the extra nerfs axis is getting this time around are justified.
That's your opinion. Many high ranked players (Siu King, Hector, CookiezNCream, dangerous cloth, jagd wölfe) think different. Arguments were provided such as the synergy between Jackson buffs and Panther nerfs, general situation of Tier 4 etc. all dismissed.

You have almost 20 pages of shitstorm here but of course the odds are that all these community members have no clue. Because here we are again: You know it better.

Try developing a more informed opinion than *axis good allies bad*. Then you might get a response.
Me and others did so and didn't get a satisfying response. The Ostheer Panther doesn't fulfill any role good. We pointed out the inconsistency of claiming the Panther should chase vehicles and stop to hit its target. It was ignored.
3 Nov 2017, 18:20 PM

Just a heads up.

Conscript DPS on v1.1 is higher than intended in the near range (around 0-20 range). Until a fix goes up, if you still wish to playtest conscripts, I would recommend using PPSh (the difference in near range DPS with PPSH shouldn't be THAT noticeable).

Until then, we'd appreciate as much feedback as possible on the USF vs OST matchup and USF vs OKW matchup.

Since the margin for error in infantry combat is low, I'd recommend everyone to avoid using bulletins for their tests.
3 Nov 2017, 19:29 PM

Just to get this straight. You guys adjust OKW panther and Ostheer Panther because they are too spammable. You then increase pop cap, nerf both units hard, and then lower the OKW Panther price which makes the OKW panther more spammable.

Like lol? How is this logical hahahah
3 Nov 2017, 20:07 PM

Just to get this straight. You guys adjust OKW panther and Ostheer Panther because they are too spammable. You then increase pop cap, nerf both units hard, and then lower the OKW Panther price which makes the OKW panther more spammable.

Like lol? How is this logical hahahah

It isn't, anyway panther isn't spammable to begin with even in teamgames.
Okw panther won't become spammable.
Ost panther won't become spammable.
Both already weren't.

But they need to write something to justify changes.

4 Nov 2017, 01:26 AM

For the longest time, the only way to win as axis in 2v2 is to hold out vs all the allies OP bullshits (ISU, T34/85 spam, Mattress/Calliope) until you get a Jagdtiger to smash their tanks/sim city so your infantry can finally advance and clear shit without getting instagib.

Anyway these id**ts either ignore comments they don't like, or plain out answering something completely unrelated to the question.
4 Nov 2017, 02:10 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You guys gonna make a compiled list of changes on the 1st page? Rather difficult to find the v1.1 changes which are on page 14.
4 Nov 2017, 02:18 AM
Developer Relic Badge

You guys gonna make a compiled list of changes on the 1st page? Rather difficult to find the v1.1 changes which are on page 14.

It is updated.
4 Nov 2017, 02:33 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

It is updated.

:thumb:
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W