Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
30 Oct 2017, 21:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You can find the notes here: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244441/december-balance-preview-changelog/p1?new=1

V1.0

V1.1

V1.3

V1.4
30 Oct 2017, 21:10 PM

Where can players find a preview mod ?
30 Oct 2017, 21:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

30 Oct 2017, 21:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

British Trench now capturable by enemy troops
* Cost reduced from 10 MP to 0 (free)
* Can only be built in captured territory (also affects OST trench)

Ostruppen, and Wehr sniper and HMG *clap hands*
30 Oct 2017, 21:24 PM

With resounding consistency: Excellent list of general changes affecting all factions, QoL changes, and bug fixes.

Conscript molotov-AT merge I like... Opens the door for the third ability. Are the PPsh changes foreshadowing of a non-doc PPsh upgrade, perchance? ;)

Obliterating that Lend-Lease meta. :D

But man, the panther changes. :( Increasing pop cap though? At least no one can say that the OKW Panther is a good version of what the Ostheer panther should be like. :D Nipped that argument in the bud. Poor Ostheer is paying a whole lot for a second faster reload on their panther. :P

But of course, getting that 640 health Jackson, come hell or high water. 520 or 560 I can understand. But 640 is just trolling, especially when reducing Elefant damage. Why not increase Sherman health to make it viable as a screening tank?

RE Mines. Kreygasm. I don't care that they're m7s. I'll take it.
30 Oct 2017, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2017, 21:13 PMnigo
Too few changes. :(

That's because commander revamp changes and OKW veterancy changes are missing. We just need to make sure that we get baseline changes right, first, before everybody runs off to the revamped commanders.
30 Oct 2017, 21:34 PM
Senior Referee Badge

T
H
E
R
E

I
S

A

P
A
T
C
H

C
O
M
I
N
G

:hyper:
30 Oct 2017, 21:45 PM

OKW panther - "As arguably the best non-doctrinal heavy tank in COH2, we felt that the unit offered too much benefit to spam"

OST Panther - "we feel the OST Panther is more or less in a good spot"

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA im dead.
30 Oct 2017, 21:47 PM

Smoke moved from Riflemen to Rear Echelon (Lieutenant retains smoke)

British Trench
* British Trench now capturable by enemy troops
* Cost reduced from 10 MP to 0 (free)
* Can only be built in captured territory (also affects OST trench)

LeIG18
* Now has access to a smoke barrage ability

No more retarded beta tactics in that number, thanks relic
A_E
30 Oct 2017, 22:04 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

My initial thoughts and analysis in video form:

Very keen to play and cast in this patch please do so yourselves, if you get a good replay don't hesistate to upload it to the replay section, be sure to tag appropriately.
30 Oct 2017, 22:10 PM

We feel the Ostheer Panther is in a good spot?

Are you guys completely delusional? It is in the most expensive tier, in the most hard faction to play and can't fulfill its actual purpose. Overpriced as fuck.

You actually nerfed the Ostheer Panther? Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
A_E
30 Oct 2017, 22:12 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

We feel the Ostheer Panther is in a good spot?

Are you guys completely delusional? It is in the most expensive tier, in the most hard faction to play and can't fulfill its actual purpose. Overpriced as fuck.

Yeah the Wehr panther is fine, in 1v1 and 2v2 from everything I've seen, like it's really well balanced neither OP or UP, just costly and kinda good...
30 Oct 2017, 22:12 PM

FRP nerf and commanders revamp? My wet dreams come true! <444>3
30 Oct 2017, 22:13 PM
30 Oct 2017, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2017, 22:12 PMA_E

Yeah the Wehr panther is fine, in 1v1 and 2v2 from everything I've seen, like it's really well balanced neither OP or UP, just costly and kinda good...

It will now never be seen in a 1v1. 18 pop cap that always misses, has a horrible reload, no armor bonus anymore and is in tier 4. Why on earth go for it?

Might as well cruise to Pak wall and tiger.
A_E
30 Oct 2017, 22:20 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

It will now never be seen in a 1v1. 18 pop cap that always misses, has a horrible reload, no armor bonus anymore and is in tier 4. Why on earth go for it?

Yeah I don't think these panther changes will make it into the finished state, they're excessive in general imo.
30 Oct 2017, 22:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Its reload is now significantly better when you now include the wind down it has putting it on par with medium tank guns.

Old: 5.8 -6.7(6.8/7.7)

New: 5.2 -5.6 (6.2/6.6)
30 Oct 2017, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

Love the patch :wub: As of now, before playing, I can agree with every single change, that's something.
30 Oct 2017, 22:32 PM

30 Oct 2017, 22:41 PM

I absolutely hate this patch overall. There are some nice changes in there like the conscript, le.IG, and Jackson buff, but overall it's really steering the game in a negative direction. Maybe I'm ranting a bit and not being very constructive, but...

Panther nerfs are ridiculous, especially Wehr Panther which already is overpriced.

I'll withhold judgment until I play it, but I'm wary of the Jagdiger nerfs making the unit useless.

Repair speed nerfs are just going to bog the game down. Wehr/Soviet repair speeds should have been buffed, not the new factions nerfed.

FRP nerfs are retarded. Why is there a goddamn cooldown to turn it off? So now I'm supposed to just stand there while getting shelled? Come on. If you want to remove FRP points, just remove them, although I like them and think all factions should have them because massive maps are nigh unplayable without them.

I hate smokes being moved to rear echelons. This is just a change for the sake of change. Nobody asked for this.

I'm fine with Calliope health being lowered, but I don't like the sound of its rockets firing slower.

I'm glad to see the ISU-152 getting some love, but its main problem is its woeful accuracy, which isn't getting any adjustments.

----------------

So yeah, I don't like most of the changes in this patch. Maybe I'll write up something more detailed later but my impressions from reading the patch notes are highly negative. This game is old and doesn't need very many changes anyway, and it especially doesn't need massive changes like some of the above. I'm sick of having to readjust to new balance changes at this point in the game's life. On the plus side, I'm really glad to see that horrendous Walking Stuka nerf not make it into this patch.

Also, why no new 4v4 maps? Maybe this isn't the thread for it, but wasn't the entire point of this update to address big team game balance? So why is the new content for 2v2, which already has plenty of maps anyway?
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS