Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
31 Oct 2017, 15:48 PM

Im laughing my ass off seeing axis only players wiggle that they cant just sit on fuel/sit on fuel drop the entire game then bounce back with tank spam, trying to put out how bad the panther is when me and my crew see it everygame being extremely cost effective. Again a patch that none of them have yet to play.

Honestly it may not even come to pass if this many axis only players bitch and moan about it, as they fear having to do more than just A move there armor.

Also fuck yeah conscript buff but I fear lowering its raw small dps even more is...

Hopefully the FRP change with MP renforcement will end the age of fast returning blobs.
31 Oct 2017, 15:52 PM

Im laughing my ass off seeing axis only players wiggle that they cant just sit on fuel/sit on fuel drop the entire game then bounce back with tank spam, trying to put out how bad the panther is when me and my crew see it everygame being extremely cost effective. Again a patch that none of them have yet to play.

Honestly it may not even come to pass if this many axis only players bitch and moan about it, as they fear having to do more than just A move there armor.

Also fuck yeah conscript buff but I fear lowering its raw small dps even more is...

Hopefully the FRP change with MP renforcement will end the age of fast returning blobs.

You legit haven’t played a single 1v1 game in your life

You legit lost more games than you won with your highest rank being a phone number. Your hilarious.
31 Oct 2017, 16:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Garrisoning
* Load time for buildings increased to 1 (per model)
* Max load time increased to 3.25 (entire squad)
* Unload time for buildings increased to 0.5 (per model)

This will make maps with buildings on cutoffs much more punishable, now that you no longer teleport inside and outside of the building.

Now if demo's were fixed it would solve even more problems. All units should be able to detect them and BAM you're good to go, but only detectable after being in the radius for an amount of time? Or maybe how the PE vcoh Scorched Earth ability worked? You would get an audio queue and a short delay before the demo went off? So the player activating the demo would hit the button and it would delay by 1.25 seconds or more depending (this would coincide with after a short delay they are revealed, like camo'd units), giving a player that was paying attention time to react. Making demos not complete braindead bullshit.
31 Oct 2017, 16:10 PM

Your best rank is 2000+, so the noob you face might sit on fuel indeed, but this is something it doesn't happen at higher skill levels.

Also, you are an allies only player, which makes what you said pathetic.
31 Oct 2017, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 13:14 PMAlphrum
Smith just listen please, for now just revert the panther changes, dont nerf it, dont buff it and see how it performs vs the new FF's and jacksons then go from ther.

FRP changes are poorly implemented with all these cooldowns and nerfs. One of the things i like about FRP is on big maps without it, games just become long and dull thought it is unfair only some factions have FRP so cant FRP be an option for all factions? Also out of all the factions it seems OKW FRP has been specifically targeted

*eye roll*
31 Oct 2017, 16:32 PM

What about the demos, they will keep wiping squads with 1 click?
31 Oct 2017, 16:36 PM

To @Mr.Smith too

Please note that generalist = AOE for main gun
Also IMHO
0) axis doesn't need another AI vehicle
1) axis have enough defensive TD
2) axis lack offensive TD
3) the panther turretted deisign is perfect for an offensive vehicle
4) if panther has to stay somewhat armored (which doesn't imply 320 USS enterprise armor + vet 2 force shield bonus) 50 and 60 range will ALWAYS be broken, as either panther will be OP or UP and won't hit shit so it can't counter is supposed counter unit (FF, JACK, SU)
5) if it can't counter TD (would broke a lot of things indeed) the best role is medium counter, aka fast firing and accurate (even on the move), but will lose some armor, range, and penetration.

The advantage of making panther an anti mediums are
1) It opens a WORLD of strategies based on mobility and flanking
2) jackson and FF and Su will be able to target panther with 15-20 range of distance from panther maximum range
3) because of point 2 panther gunner doesn't need to be blind
4) stug/jadgpanzer 4 loses rof for penetration and damage, no more stug spam as most effective units, those casamate TD will get 60 range to counter allies TD and heavies, like FF, Jackson and su.

"1) It is supposed to chase tanks but also needs to stop to hit things,

2) it's supposed to be quite survivable but not be survivable against most anti tank and tds (thus the armor vet nerf),

3) it's suppsoed to counter heavies with the penetration but now also be able to fire faster.

This doesn't make sense. Those are all contradictions."
Exactly

I don't know what mode you play and what level you are in that mode. However I have a feeling you are not "microing" your OKW Panthers properly.

The proper way to micro the Panther is to activate Combat Blitz and make sure you keep moving. It will never miss that way.

I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm actually serious. OKW Panther is 30% more accurate when moving than when it's not moving. That's on top of SU-85+ baseline level accuracy.

Similar such magick feats also occur with all OKW vehicles that have Combat Blitz, except for the Ostwind.

The accuracy nerfs on the Panther mainly aim to address the ridiculouslness of that issue.

OST Panther and Comet are a low-micro units. OKW Panther is a no-micro unit.

Post-patch, OST Panther main focus will be firing more frequently, whereas OKW Panther will hit more accurately and have better MGs while being more expensive.

Because you're full of mouth and won't shut up, then ignore answers when they're given to you.
31 Oct 2017, 16:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

The proper way to micro the Panther is to activate Combat Blitz and make sure you keep moving. It will never miss that way.

I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm actually serious. OKW Panther is 30% more accurate when moving than when it's not moving. That's on top of SU-85+ baseline level accuracy.

Similar such magick feats also occur with all OKW vehicles that have Combat Blitz, except for the Ostwind.

The accuracy nerfs on the Panther mainly aim to address the ridiculouslness of that issue.

I know this is strawmanning to some extent, but what youre saying is that because blitz is overpowered (SERIOUSLY overpowered, at that), the best way is to nerf the vehicle that has it instead of just nerfing the blitz itself? If so, thats an extremely worrying way of viewing balance.

Nerfing (what is in my opinion) a mediocre tank and justifying it by saying that its okay because it has an overpowered ability just makes the vehicle more reliant on said ability and makes the unit + ability far more unhealthy and more gimmicky (think something like airlanding officer + charge for what i mean by gimmicky).

If blitz is overpowered, nerf blitz. If the panther itself is not overpowered, do not nerf the panther. If the panther + blitz is overpowered, nerf whichever part of that equation is the direct cause of this overperformance.
31 Oct 2017, 16:48 PM

Good lord these threads get asinine quick.

Balance team: valid points have been made, questions have been asked, but like clockwork they're ignored if you don't have a way of passing blame onto the playerbase, relics scope, or by arbitrarily declaring the question invalid.

The justification for the changes to panthers is all over the board. If it's taking seven pages and tomes of posts and the reasoning still isn't clear, that's a sign that maybe reevaluation is necessary.

Having a good list of changes in a patch is not a license to stubbornly redesign units in this game as per private agendas.

Been asking this since FBP: why are you looking at panthers, elefants, and Jacksons in such contained vacuums? Do you just believe tank crews and repairs are irrelevant? Is the Sherman irrelevant? Are you trying to get ostheer to crutch even more on the stug?

I mean come on, every one of these community patches is like 80% genuine good collaborative work, and then a few completely hairbrained ideas that are relentlessly defended as The One True Way despite any notion to the contrary.

What is the point of trying to discuss things? Going to demand 60 replays from anyone and everyone each definitely proving that the Jackson and panther changes aren't perfect? Just like with penals? Or volks stgs/Sturm schrecks?
31 Oct 2017, 16:51 PM

Balance team: valid points have been made, questions have been asked, but like clockwork they're ignored if you don't have a way of passing blame onto the playerbase, relics scope, or by arbitrarily declaring the question invalid.

The justification for the changes to panthers is all over the board. If it's taking seven pages and tomes of posts and the reasoning still isn't clear, that's a sign that maybe reevaluation is necessary.

Having a good list of changes in a patch is not a license to stubbornly redesign units in this game as per private agendas.

Been asking this since FBP: why are you looking at panthers, elefants, and Jacksons in such contained vacuums? Do you just believe tank crews and repairs are irrelevant? Is the Sherman irrelevant? Are you trying to get ostheer to crutch even more on the stug?

I mean come on, every one of these community patches is like 80% genuine good collaborative work, and then a few completely hairbrained ideas that are relentlessly defended as The One True Way despite any notion to the contrary.

What is the point of trying to discuss things? Going to demand 60 replays from anyone and everyone each definitely proving that the Jackson and panther changes aren't perfect? Just like with penals? Or volks stgs/Sturm schrecks?

Or maxim ?
Completely agree with this post.
31 Oct 2017, 17:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

?

Are they being ignored? Smith is not the only one and I've mentioned if additional changes need to be made to compensate the Panther, those will be looked at. This is just the first set of changes.
31 Oct 2017, 17:26 PM

no luchs rush change and no mortar pit balance :wub:
31 Oct 2017, 17:44 PM

Are they being ignored? Smith is not the only one and I've mentioned if additional changes need to be made to compensate the Panther, those will be looked at. This is just the first set of changes.

Why should be agree with illogical panther changes just because rest of patch is still unknown ?

Or else if those changes, which are still not present, will change panther prformance then it is a gross failure from whole dev team. Leaking changes by one by one about a single unit is the worst outcome they (you) may chose. It leaves community asking and unsure.

And yes, I agree with ZombiFrancis, there are always some good and some bad changes in the patch and you have tendency to defend those bad changes no matter what.

Naming:
Guards overnerf,
Maxim overnerf,
Chaning Penals role -> extintion of guards even more,
Stgs to Volks,
FBP Jackson overbuff,
31 Oct 2017, 17:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Why should be agree with illogical panther changes just because rest of patch is still unknown ?

Or else if those changes, which are still not present, will change panther prformance then it is a gross failure from whole dev team. Leaking changes by one by one about a single unit is the worst outcome they (you) may chose. It leaves community asking and unsure.

I think he's saying something more along the lines of "theres more to come," with what exactly the future changes are being dependent on community feedback.
31 Oct 2017, 18:19 PM

Whats the possibility on adding a block chat or ignore button in the game? And the possibility to search as multiple factions, not only 1
31 Oct 2017, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 18:19 PMLuciano
Whats the possibility on adding a block chat or ignore button in the game? And the possibility to search as multiple factions, not only 1

Think of it this way: If it can't be done in the existing Mod Tools, it's not a possibility.
31 Oct 2017, 18:23 PM

Someone could talk with Kyle or Andy? Maybe Sturmpanther or the mod team?
31 Oct 2017, 18:27 PM

I dont get the reason behind chaniging smoke from Riflemen to Echelons
31 Oct 2017, 18:29 PM

yes they are being ignored
31 Oct 2017, 18:34 PM

what about the raketen rocket colliding with the terrain and missing shots? will that be fixed?
PAGES (85)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 759
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %