Login

russian armor

Is Osttruppen doctrine viable in 1v1 during current meta?

30 Oct 2017, 14:02 PM

They are cheap line infantry for sure. But the damage is just not on point. It was fine against conscripts before, but will be destroyed by penals. Is there any way to play this doctrine properly?
30 Oct 2017, 14:28 PM

Hey dragoon, they surely are viable but not against SOV.

I like to play with Ostruppen doctrine against USF from time to time. They key is to win fast or transit to pgrens, otherwise you will be outscaled in the late game.

3 ostruppen + 2 mgs for early game into fast 222.

Then I use MP I've saved on ostruppen to call a fuel supply drop at an already secured fuel point. With 50 additional fuel I quickly rush Ostwind to hardcounter anything that USF can field at the time and win the game.

If I fail to win it in a get-go I transit to pgrens and p4 + stug spam, usually works well.

If you have any more questions feel free to aks ;)
30 Oct 2017, 15:22 PM

I can't beat Osttruppen as Brits, the pressure early game followed by fast vehicles thanks to map control is a nightmare to deal with.
30 Oct 2017, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2017, 15:22 PMLatch
I can't beat Osttruppen as Brits, the pressure early game followed by fast vehicles thanks to map control is a nightmare to deal with.

If you cannot deal with Ostruppen as British then try build order featured in this guide, it works for me fairly well
30 Oct 2017, 23:03 PM

Hey dragoon, they surely are viable but not against SOV.

I like to play with Ostruppen doctrine against USF from time to time. They key is to win fast or transit to pgrens, otherwise you will be outscaled in the late game.

3 ostruppen + 2 mgs for early game into fast 222.

Then I use MP I've saved on ostruppen to call a fuel supply drop at an already secured fuel point. With 50 additional fuel I quickly rush Ostwind to hardcounter anything that USF can field at the time and win the game.

If I fail to win it in a get-go I transit to pgrens and p4 + stug spam, usually works well.

If you have any more questions feel free to aks ;)

I just tried this doctrine in a 1v1 against US. It definitely works, but insanely hard to micro imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★