Login

russian armor

RELIC; Can we get an ETA on Leaderboards? Please?

6 Aug 2013, 12:13 PM

As the title says.

Can we get a very rough,general time on when we can expect leaderboards? They're listed as a feature on the Steam page and they're still not in 6 weeks post release. Surely even if it's a fob-off time frame, you should give us something? I would have thought when it was listed as a feature it would've been a priority to get out ASAP.

When it comes to things like balance, custom lobbies etc. I don't feel annoyed or entitled because they weren't listed as a feature. Leaderboards were.

Have you started developing them yet? How far along are you? Are you expecting to release them next patch? If not, when? Can you drop a few hints on what the features of the leaderboard will be?

If you can answer any of those question, please do. If you can't, at least post saying so so that I know you at least acknowledge the issue. Thanks.
6 Aug 2013, 12:33 PM

Not exactly sure who it was in one of the other threads (I think Noun) who basically said they cant and dont want to set release dates for things like this because they don't want to disappoint people if they fail to meet that deadline.
Also I'm certain I've read somewhere (I think official forums) that it has been said to be on the roadmap.
6 Aug 2013, 13:02 PM

Weren't the leaderboards developed by another party out of relic's control? I remember some developer saying that relic was also irritated by not getting an eta.
6 Aug 2013, 14:06 PM

6 Aug 2013, 14:08 PM

This:
Not exactly sure who it was in one of the other threads (I think Noun) who basically said they cant and dont want to set release dates for things like this because they don't want to disappoint people if they fail to meet that deadline.
Also I'm certain I've read somewhere (I think official forums) that it has been said to be on the roadmap.

and this:
Weren't the leaderboards developed by another party out of relic's control? I remember some developer saying that relic was also irritated by not getting an eta.

Nothing more needs to be said really. We want it. Relic wants it. No ETA. *shrug*
6 Aug 2013, 14:24 PM
Donator 11

i really can wait for the leaderboards til winter. game needs to be fixed and balanced before leaderboards are launched imo. otherwise i cannot imagine playing coh2 as long as i was coh1 without the ladders.
6 Aug 2013, 15:11 PM

i really can wait for the leaderboards til winter. game needs to be fixed and balanced before leaderboards are launched imo. otherwise i cannot imagine playing coh2 as long as i was coh1 without the ladders.

^^agree...although my next point I think is a bit more important than having a "balanced" game first or else we'd be here until eternity waiting on a leaderboard.

If I can't check off maps like Pripyat (winter and summer), Rhzev, Oka River, etc. you can count me out.
6 Aug 2013, 15:18 PM
Donator 11

They should give what the community wants. The community wants a approximation of release date, even Q1-2-3-4 would do and an idea of what the leaderboard will look like.
6 Aug 2013, 15:46 PM

game isn't balance-ready for a leaderboard anway, it would just show who abused the most right now.
6 Aug 2013, 16:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 15:18 PMZ3r07
They should give what the community wants. The community wants a approximation of release date, even Q1-2-3-4 would do and an idea of what the leaderboard will look like.

Yeah let's do that. So that when they don't make the give date, you guys will have a reason to make another whine thread..

Relic (Noun) said that they we're working on it. They want this implemented just as much as we do. So you guys should just relax, go play the game instead of complaining about missing features.
6 Aug 2013, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

Yeah let's do that. So that when they don't make the give date, you guys will have a reason to make another whine thread..

Relic (Noun) said that they we're working on it. They want this implemented just as much as we do. So you guys should just relax, go play the game instead of complaining about missing features.

I have over 150 hours played, and I love this game and I am promoting it by streaming and answering people's questions hoping to get new players but not having leaderboards doesn't help. I also love Relic and I'm not a complainer but we are customers and we are allowed to have opinions and complain for that matter. Not having a leaderboard at launch for a AAA game when it was promised is not professional.

I still recommend this game to everyone.
6 Aug 2013, 16:19 PM

By all means ask about it. But Noun has given reasons (repeated above) as to why he won't give an ETA.

For another repeat for the hard of reading: As a community manager, he has been burned before - people clamour for a release date of this or that feature, he consults with the engineers, and gives a tentative date. This then gets picked up and treated as 'THE DEFINITE DATE' by the community as to when it will be released. Then something happens, for example, an internal project thread that has higher priority hits a snag, so engineers are dragged off one thing onto another and they don't hit that tentative date - so he (and the devs) cop a load of shit for not hitting a date that they hadn't promised in the first place.

Add in another variable, such as Relic themselves not even doing the leaderboards (and don't control the other company beyond any SLA promises, contractual or otherwise) and it makes it harder still.

So don't be surprised if your request gets ignored; don't feel left out - this question has been answered by the devs in a few other threads, so is unliked to be repeated ad nauseum.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 6 Aug 2013, 21:26 PM

We're working with Steam to have these up.

We're also working on another solution, given that this is taking way longer than it should.
6 Aug 2013, 21:34 PM

good to hear you guys are working on it still, and i appreciate your feedback, still loving the game ,cheers
6 Aug 2013, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 21:26 PMNoun
We're working with Steam to have these up.

We're also working on another solution, given that this is taking way longer than it should.

So was the original plan to get Steam leaderboards and Steam didn't deliver ?
7 Aug 2013, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 23:18 PMZ3r07

So was the original plan to get Steam leaderboards and Steam didn't deliver ?

Good luck with that...
7 Aug 2013, 10:44 AM

I bet there could be a very simple "solution", if Relic could post the outcomes in a signed form in some way. If this is too difficult, even a small signed resultfile locally would help a lot.
This would also be very usefull after they implemented their ladder, because much more flexible.
7 Aug 2013, 11:04 AM

I liken the Leader board situation to this scenario:

I went down to the local store and ordered and paid for a Supreme Pizza. When I got it home and opened the box, it nothing on it except for Ham and Cheese.

So I ask the Pizza store Manager, what happened to the rest of my Pizza that I paid the full amount for and it was advertised to have the lot?

The Manager turns around and says, sorry pal, I pay the kid out the back to put all the toppings on but he just didn't do it, or forgot or didn't know how. The Manager further says, I can't tell you when I will put the extra advertised toppings on your Pizza, but I am working on it, just take a seat and wait for 6 hours whilst I try and get the toppings put on for you, but you are welcome to eat the pizza I already made for you.

Who would put up with that? Who would want some sort of rock solid concrete answer on what the fuck is going on or you would demand your money back or some sort of discount?
Who would ever shop at that Pizza shop again?

7 Aug 2013, 11:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

uh one feature is not equivalent to most of the toppings ona pizza. its 1 topping at best at best.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★