Login

russian armor

RELIC; Can we get an ETA on Leaderboards? Please?

8 Aug 2013, 10:09 AM

That's rich coming from you Nullist. Everything you've posted on here is a big whine about how the game fails to meet your standards.
8 Aug 2013, 10:19 AM

I'm not the one having a big cry because the big bad game developer didn't give me everything I wanted.

Dude, you are an exaggeration extraordinaire, all you do is make once sentence replies to what everyone else posts. Do you know what that makes you?
8 Aug 2013, 10:24 AM

Permanently Banned
That's rich coming from you Nullist. Everything you've posted on here is a big whine about how the game fails to meet your standards.

Incorrect. Nowhere have I said anything of the sort.

Frankly, I dont understand how you haven't been banned yet with the constant personal insults, provocation and non-constructive garbage you write here. Its like your only reason to be here is to insult and harass other people. Nowhere have I seen you make ANY constructive discussion on balance or the game. Just constant personal attacks. Its like that is the only motivation you have to post.
8 Aug 2013, 10:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

...I would expect some sort of compensation, like a free skin, free commander or at least something to show the customer that we are important...

Langreskaya :)

By buying a copy of CoH2, I did not buy shares in Relic or SEGA, so why should I care about what's going with them and other companies.

Amen.
8 Aug 2013, 10:40 AM

Free maps are something Relic has always done. I don't view it as compensation.

Nor do I want compensation. I just want the leaderboards.
8 Aug 2013, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2013, 16:14 PMNoun

That remains the plan. We're however working on an alternate plan with someone who I think will deliver something even better, and hopefully quicker. However even once that's up we'll still have the Steam Leaderboards planned as well.

I like the sound of this. Now, what could be even better than leaderboards? Leagues?
8 Aug 2013, 17:03 PM

Pragmatically, its our own fault for pre-ordering/purchasing before the product actually delivers its advertised description.

Legally, however, its false advertising and not delivering the promised product.

Legally? Can you quote any marketing explicitly stating leaderboards at release? Industry trends and gameplay standards are not legally binding.

If all FPS suddenly use perks and persistent levels after CoD4: MW introduced them, and your new FPS doesn't, are you legally oblgiated to refund your customers? Thats a gameplay trend. Not legally bound to follow it (unless you promise it will have them).

Lets be a little more concise: Dedicated servers. Up until the last generations of consoles introduced mainstream online play, almost every single AAA multiplayer PC game had the option of hosting dedicated servers. Now, they rarely do (for various reasons). Are you going to pursue legal action, simply because they don't have a feature you've grown used to having? You probably won't go far in court. You could stop buying the games, or work around to returning it because you didn't like it, but you were not deceived unless they explicitly promised you those dedicated servers.

Leaderboards are very useful and fun to have. They are, in the end, NOT part of the gameplay. They are not required to sell the product since they are, plain and simple, just a glorified database.

In fact, one could even go as far, depending on the game's code, to argue that there already ARE pseudo-leaderboards in the game: You have a skill rating, and they have your win/loss ratio, maybe even streaks. They are simply working to deliver that information to the end user, in a streamlined and high quality way.

The mechanics, however, should already be in there.

8 Aug 2013, 18:55 PM

It wouldn't be SEGA's only recent release to be indicted (legally or by a community) for false advertisement

RUINING ALIENS - I'LL NEVER LET IT GO
Hux
8 Aug 2013, 19:09 PM
Patrion 14

Leaderboards shmeaderboards. Bring out the god-damned worldbuilder!
8 Aug 2013, 19:55 PM

Legally? Can you quote any marketing explicitly stating leaderboards at release? Industry trends and gameplay standards are not legally binding.

It says it on the steam page. I've posted the picture numerous times here, highlighted it with a big red box. I'm not going to bother doing it again.
9 Aug 2013, 12:11 PM

No leaderboards by itself is not the biggest issue. But combined with a few other things has made me realize that mulitplayer was definitely not Relic's focus for this game. As someone who does not care for single player RTS this makes me sad as the gameplay is still fun but it could have been so much more.

- no leaderboards or ranking system that indicates skill level
- same crappy replay system from coh1
- no mirrors in auto
- cannot search for a game as 'random'
- cannot see what friends are doing in game like in dota2
- cannot edit hotkeys
- no custom games lobby

I can understand if some of these may be steamworks related issues but Relic chose to use steamworks and would have known its limitations.

I hope the window of opportunity hasn't closed for these features to be added before everyone stops playing and we are only left with a few coh1 regulars.
9 Aug 2013, 14:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

there is a ranking system its called ELO you just can't see it.
9 Aug 2013, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2013, 14:37 PMWiFiDi
there is a ranking system its called ELO you just can't see it.

Exactly. You can't see it... that is my point. In StarCraft when you ladder you know at the load screen if you are playing a gold, diamond, masters etc ranked player.
9 Aug 2013, 15:54 PM

No leaderboards by itself is not the biggest issue. But combined with a few other things has made me realize that mulitplayer was definitely not Relic's focus for this game. As someone who does not care for single player RTS this makes me sad as the gameplay is still fun but it could have been so much more.

- no leaderboards or ranking system that indicates skill level
- same crappy replay system from coh1
- no mirrors in auto
- cannot search for a game as 'random'
- cannot see what friends are doing in game like in dota2
- cannot edit hotkeys
- no custom games lobby

I can understand if some of these may be steamworks related issues but Relic chose to use steamworks and would have known its limitations.

I hope the window of opportunity hasn't closed for these features to be added before everyone stops playing and we are only left with a few coh1 regulars.

GOOD!
12 Aug 2013, 04:31 AM

It says it on the steam page. I've posted the picture numerous times here, highlighted it with a big red box. I'm not going to bother doing it again.

If you are referring to the last "feature" about online competitive multiplayer, then it is a very broad statement (nowhere does it state leaderboards explicitly, and expectations vary from user to user, so its still arguable).

Regarding marketing information (I know this is not exactly what you were referring to) You are legally allowed to "exaggerate" a product during marketing, within certain boundaries, e.g.: "The biggest RTS of the Summer".

Here's arguably the most controversial marketing ad in gaming history:

People voted with their wallets, and there weren't open betas back then, at least not like there are now...
12 Aug 2013, 07:23 AM

Permanently Banned
No, hes not talking about the wordy description. Hes talking about the specific mention of Steam leaderboard on the right of the page under all the other Steam stuff.

The description you refer to is indeed ambiguous, and typical advertising waffle, and not really a binding promise.

But when you tell an RTS player in this day and age that he can expect features typical of modern RTSs, especially in consequence of DoW series, vCoH and CoHO, it strongly implies leaderboard, a lobby, spectator mode etc. Relic has however informally promised those, and I guess we get them when we get them, but they are in the pipeline, so thats all well and fine.

Bit of a poor show not having them in at launch, but meh, such is life.

Theres been a bit of a trend in preorders to milk the community with promises and hype recently, which has gamers edgy (in the classical sense of that word, not the fking hipster bastardisation of that term).

And its getting worse with all the kickstart and early player based funding models that are becoming increasingly prevalent.

Buyer beware, is all I can say. Dont give anyone your money unless you are certain you will be satisfied with the product.
12 Aug 2013, 07:47 AM

It wouldn't be SEGA's only recent release to be indicted (legally or by a community) for false advertisement

RUINING ALIENS - I'LL NEVER LET IT GO

12 Aug 2013, 11:20 AM

(nowhere does it state leaderboards explicitly, and expectations vary from user to user, so its still arguable).

Steam Leaderboards. It says it right there. LEADERBOARDS. It rather explicitly states it.
12 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Leave this to us, guys. :) (check trending) Thx Relic for this opportunity!
12 Aug 2013, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

Leave this to us, guys. :) (check trending) Thx Relic for this opportunity!

Nice! can't wait to see this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS