Login

russian armor

Some tips about Soviet Reserve army?

13 Oct 2017, 20:30 PM

I love this doctrine. I love ppsh cons. I love AT partisans. A really nice doctrine for AT.
Just won a really fun game with this doctrine, any tips, especially those regarding AT partisans, what units they go well with, any lesser known tricks you can pull with them etc.

Here's a replay of a match that I played with it.
14 Oct 2017, 00:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/181850483

This is Tightrope's last stream. He exclusively uses Soviet Reserve Army. You can get some tips from his gameplay :).

Generally, this is the build:
-T1
-Penal
-Penal
-Penal
-Penal
-Medics
-Combat Engineer
-T3
-T-70
-T4
-T-34/76

Use Rapid Conscription during mass infantry pushes, just remember to not lose Penals in the process. Pop AT Partisans to counter OKW Luchs.

After the initial T-34 you can either spam T-34/76s or get SU-85(s) against heavy armor.
14 Oct 2017, 16:11 PM

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/181850483

This is Tightrope's last stream. He exclusively uses Soviet Reserve Army. You can get some tips from his gameplay :).

Generally, this is the build:
-T1
-Penal
-Penal
-Penal
-Penal
-Medics
-Combat Engineer
-T3
-T-70
-T4
-T-34/76

Use Rapid Conscription during mass infantry pushes, just remember to not lose Penals in the process. Pop AT Partisans to counter OKW Luchs.

After the initial T-34 you can either spam T-34/76s or get SU-85(s) against heavy armor.

Thanks for the link, but can I ask, is that the same build for Ostheer? Because I would like to use some conscript ppsh swarms
14 Oct 2017, 17:29 PM

The strength of this doctrine is the strong infantry presence and getting max utility out of your cons, while also being able to use partisans to take out severly injured tanks trying to limp away.

the weakness is that the lack of doctrinal tanks will give you diminishing returns in the end game and you'll run the risk of being destroyed by late game armor if you didn't manage to hamstring your opponent in the early and mid game. Overreliance on partisans can also make you suffer "The partisan bleed", as the reinforment costs of partisans is disproportionately high compared to their survivability. This is something I often see with people using the partisan doctrine to spam them from buildings at every turn. In the beginning it will give them a lot of ground and benefits, but as long at the opponent plays conservatively and withdraws without loosing team weapons or getting wipes, the partisan spammer will start hemorrhaging manpower as soon as the elite german infantry starts hitting the field.

Bottom line it is a great commander to overwhelm and shock your opponent with sheer force of numbers, but if you don't keep an eye on the endgame and make sure to push out some proper tanks or armor in due time, the very strength of the doctrine might very well become your undoing.

Finally a pro tip. Use the conscrips merge to fill your penal and partisan squads as well as potential team weapons so they never have to withdraw. In this particular case it is also often acceptable to "consume" entire con-squads into other squads so you dont end up filling your entire pop cap with expendable infantry and no room for tanks :)
15 Oct 2017, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This build works perfectly fine for both OKW and WM. Against WM you woun't need to rely on the AT Partisans as much but you'll have to execute better flank attacks because WM play is centered around their MG42s.

On the other hand, it is much easier to just spam T-34s in late game and win that way against WM because they don't have any seriously heavily armored tanks (e.g. OKW Tiger II)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★