Login

russian armor

Is RNG Jebus the true messiah?

How much RNG is acceptable before you start breaking things?
Option Distribution Votes
11%
16%
53%
21%
0%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Oct 2017, 21:37 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Posting this for opinions for the mod im working on.

What do you chaps think of RNG? Is a little bit good to spice the game up or is it just unfair? Should the punishment for losing a single dice roll be the same as messing up a few commands?

I might take the results after a week or so into consideration.

As for the descriptions for the poll, those are just examples. So lets say a drop wins, that means there will be a decent amount of RNG for everything in the game, while if a pinch wins, everything currently stays the same.

As always, feel free to describe your choice in a post. Try to be civil and respectful to your fellow mates.
10 Oct 2017, 22:21 PM

Obviously Praise RNJesus:hansRNG:

10 Oct 2017, 23:03 PM

It's more important that the RNG is something that players can manipulate.

But if the only interaction that players have with RNG is to, well, let Jebus take the wheel, then it's likely to be a poor example of gameplay no matter how minuscule.
11 Oct 2017, 16:19 PM

I hate how most of Conscript vs Grens fights are decided by RNG. Either cons drop grenadier model in first or second row or the grenadiers win the fight. Often this has nothing to do with distance between squads :(
11 Oct 2017, 16:34 PM
Donator 11

I hate how most of Conscript vs Grens fights are decided by RNG. Either cons drop grenadier model in first or second row or the grenadiers win the fight. Often this has nothing to do with distance between squads :(

I think this is the design idea behind these 2 squads. They are ment to be equal at the start of the game and give win to the player that utilises better cover, abilities or support from support weapons and other squads. That is why if the cover is equal and there is no support coming, eventually random squad will win.
11 Oct 2017, 16:36 PM

I think this is the design idea behind these 2 squads. They are ment to be equal at the start of the game and give win to the player that utilises better cover, abilities or support from support weapons and other squads. That is why if the cover is equal and there is no support coming, eventually random squad will win.

But it was designed cons mid-close and grens long. I think only cover makes difference currenty, otherwise it´s an RNG fest ;)
11 Oct 2017, 20:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

But it was designed cons mid-close and grens long. I think only cover makes difference currenty, otherwise it´s an RNG fest ;)

Aye, it is. In vanilla, all accuracy values are the same for every rifle, and damage is only slightly higher on the grenadier rifle. Thats why what you described happens, because they are nearly the same. In-fact, conscripts are actually better because they have 2 extra men on-top of that.
12 Oct 2017, 18:49 PM

As some smart person that I don't personally know has said.

All is fair in war and love.

And,

Life is unfair, as well as war.

The last one I don't know if it's an actually quote or not but yeah, you get what I mean.

People play the game because of the unknown, because it provides a different scenario every time, a different situation, while in StarCraft 2 for example you know your build order, you know your units, and if you know who and what you're facing, you're set, while here there's always the great unknown. You or the enemy could have solid plans but everything can go to hell in a second because RNG wasn't on your side, like it is in real life.

That's why I have said and will say again, CoH is not a competitive franchise and never will be, it caters more to the casual and semi-realistic peeps that just wanna have fun in the game and experience real life LIKE engagements and fire fights, not a StarCraft 2 robot vs robot fight.
18 Oct 2017, 12:58 PM

Permanently Banned
80 muni firefly stop enemy tank magic is the most OP RNG in the game!
18 Oct 2017, 14:37 PM

RNGJESUS TRUE MESSIAH
18 Oct 2017, 19:44 PM

There is only one Messiah

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak