Login

russian armor

Why are there so many idiots, ignorants or nazi in coh?

1 Dec 2012, 23:33 PM

I am bored to see so many nicks like SS, nazi, Hitler, Einsatzgruppen, etc. Why? Are they ignorants? Are they bad persons?

I can not understand it! is it funny the holocaust for them?

Am I the only man that think this?
2 Dec 2012, 00:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2012, 23:33 PMroicho
I am bored to see so many nicks like SS, nazi, Hitler, Einsatzgruppen, etc. Why? Are they ignorants? Are they bad persons?

I guess you could just see it as "role-playing". But it depends on the motivations of the user.
2 Dec 2012, 01:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge

World War II games attract a lot of those kinds of people because they get an erection every time they can pretend to be a real Nazi instead of just a wannabe Nazi.
2 Dec 2012, 04:59 AM

They aren't offensive names. It's part of our history and the allies did some things they shouldn't be proud of. They maybe be disrespectful names to some people but you shouldn't take them to heart.
2 Dec 2012, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2012, 04:59 AMMVGame
They aren't offensive names.

But you shouldn't glorify these names and it bay be pa dark part of our history (I am a german), therefore you should not spray there word by using such names and write in chat things like "Sieg Heil". I think and hope that are mostly children who write all that stuff, who don't know what they are saying, and i hope they will regret when they learn a bit in school, if it's not so and that are grown up people i only can feel sad for the humanity.

Fact is that the Nazis killed more that 11 million humans, compared to that it is nothing what may happened to some german POWs or other citizens after the war.

But i am not sure if this is the right forum for this. I think the actual best way to handle that problem with those guys in coh is to block them so that they write and write and that no one will listen to them. Like imagine it is war and no one goes there.
2 Dec 2012, 10:39 AM

Games/Internet = idiot bait
2 Dec 2012, 11:28 AM

grow thicker skin sons
2 Dec 2012, 11:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

also most of our modern military tactics derived from ww2 Germany not that i liked what all of them believed or did but I do have some level of respect for the German military and there efficiency it was rather amazing.

also read a bit more you'll find that just about every country believed in Eugenics at the time and still do. sure we don't call it eugenics anymore, we can thank Hitler for that. but to this day people still believe in it and hell its still being practiced just under different names. tbh it makes me sick.

also there will always be ignorant for example the flat earth society
5 Dec 2012, 20:06 PM

These people are just doing it for attention. Which we are giving them in this thread. Unless you are truly a sick fuck you don't wish these tragic events onto anyone or hope they ever happen again. I just try and ignore them because when you argue or makes threads like this you're just giving them what they want.
5 Dec 2012, 21:00 PM

What about things like Seinfeld and the soup nazi? Term Nazi is used a lot for different purposes. I use it as a joke for one of my American smurfs. When I play a Wehr or PE player I'm BadNazi and variants of S0upNazi. All for fun but I do get what you say about all the SS nicks and such but let's hope its mostly in good spirit not out of hate or to glorify it. We all know some of those mean it in a bad way and it is a WW2 game and it will draw those guys out as someone mentioned so they can be a true Nazi as opposed to a poser. Do you guys think it's wrong to even use it in sarcasm or humor or not?????
5 Dec 2012, 23:51 PM

I would not do it. But I think that is´t bad. It sees when it is a joke. But another thing is nicks style: Einsatzgruppen, or any unit of the SS.

I like to see that there are people who thinking like me. I thought I would see replies calling me crazy or something.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2012, 00:03 AMB00g

I guess you could just see it as "role-playing". But it depends on the motivations of the user.

Could be. But why to use ss, hitler,etc for role-playing? Why don´t use other units?There was a lot of famous elite units.

I hope only they are kids that they want to be bad boys in internet! But surely there are other cases. Other more worrying cases.

Thanks all for reply. And sorry for my English.

PD:
also there will always be ignorant for example the flat earth society
Rolf. In internet there is some things ...
6 Dec 2012, 01:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2012, 04:59 AMMVGame
They aren't offensive names. It's part of our history and the allies did some things they shouldn't be proud of. They maybe be disrespectful names to some people but you shouldn't take them to heart.

They certainly are offensive to some people.
6 Dec 2012, 02:45 AM

WW2 games tend to attract a lot of kids and wannabe cool guys. Most of these "Nazis" just want to annoy and troll other people. It's best to ignore them.
10 Dec 2012, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2012, 23:33 PMroicho

nope, not touching this.

must. resist.
12 Dec 2012, 14:21 PM

Agreed. Been staying away from this topic as much as possible..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★