Login

russian armor

M36 Jackson double tap

4 Oct 2017, 23:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

it gives you 12 sec reload.

The only way you have a "12 second reload" is if you wait the full duration for the jackson to reload after shooting, and then decide to use HVAP. Which on any vehicle will increase the reload time unless it's instantly fired like on the Pershing. Otherwise, the reload time is roughly the same
4 Oct 2017, 23:44 PM

The only way you have a "12 second reload" is if you wait the full duration for the jackson to reload after shooting, and then decide to use HVAP. Which on any vehicle will increase the reload time unless it's instantly fired like on the Pershing. Otherwise, the reload time is roughly the same

So Does it fire faster?
5 Oct 2017, 00:03 AM

So Does it fire faster?

All depends on when you trigger the ability. It has the ability to shoot off the 1st HVAP 2 seconds faster than the standard, but if you continuously fire without stopping through the whole ability the last HVAP will be a blank due to the timing.
5 Oct 2017, 00:14 AM

All depends on when you trigger the ability. It has the ability to shoot off the 1st HVAP 2 seconds faster than the standard, but if you continuously fire without stopping through the whole ability the last HVAP will be a blank due to the timing.

Should it be considered as worsen your unit? especially if you take into account that you are still paying for it
5 Oct 2017, 00:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Honestly, the ability "feels" really buggy. When I activate the ability sometimes (usually, actually), my jackson doesnt fire for at least 10 seconds.
All things accounted for, it feels extremely clunky to use because of the aim time and stuff. I'd rather not even risk having it bug out on me and losing me a game, so I personally find it best to avoid using entirely.
5 Oct 2017, 00:40 AM

Honestly, the ability "feels" really buggy. When I activate the ability sometimes (usually, actually), my jackson doesnt fire for at least 10 seconds.
All things accounted for, it feels extremely clunky to use because of the aim time and stuff. I'd rather not even risk having it bug out on me and losing me a game, so I personally find it best to avoid using entirely.

I imagine that's just the aim time feeling long. If you have a clip of the jackson taking 10 seconds to fire after you clicked the ability i'd like to see it. I'v never experienced that before, but I don't play USF very frequently.

Should it be considered as worsen your unit? especially if you take into account that you are still paying for it

Depends what you need. If you get the entire duration of the ability off including the double tap at the end you can kill a vet 2 panther, given all the shots pen as well.

Just for clairity sake as well, the HVAP gives +80 damage per hit as seen in the video I posted, not +40 as it says in the ability guide. That's an error and I talked to sturmpanther about it.
5 Oct 2017, 00:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Just for clairity sake as well, the HVAP gives +80 damage per hit as seen in the video I posted, not +40 as it says in the ability guide. That's an error and I talked to sturmpanther about it.

Wow, thats actually a massive difference then. 3 shots aginst panthers...
5 Oct 2017, 01:12 AM

Wow, thats actually a massive difference then. 3 shots aginst panthers...

Uh no, 240 X 3 = 720. Panthers w/o vet 2 have 800 HP, w/ vet 2 960 HP. Still though 4 shots is better than 5
5 Oct 2017, 01:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Uh no, 240 X 3 = 720. Panthers w/o vet 2 have 800 HP, w/ vet 2 960 HP. Still though 4 shots is better than 5

But you just said 80 additional damage...so 280 x 3 = 840.
5 Oct 2017, 01:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I imagine that's just the aim time feeling long. If you have a clip of the jackson taking 10 seconds to fire after you clicked the ability i'd like to see it. I'v never experienced that before, but I don't play USF very frequently.

I'm not sure how aim time works, but I think it may be the target of the jackson coming in and out of vision. Of course, that may not be the case and I just mistakenly thought it didnt fire or saw what i wanted to see and not what actually happened. But yeah, if it mean it takes 4 seconds to fire once it targets the vehicle, then my explanation may be it.
5 Oct 2017, 01:40 AM

But you just said 80 additional damage...so 280 x 3 = 840.

Oh no you're correct. I thought the jackson dealt 160 damage a shot like most other tanks. My bad, now I gotta tell sturmpanther LuL

Just to be clear the outgoing damage of the jackson with HVAP is 240 per shot.
5 Oct 2017, 01:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Oh no you're correct. I thought the jackson dealt 160 damage a shot like most other tanks. My bad, now I gotta tell sturmpanther LuL

Just to be clear the outgoing damage of the jackson with HVAP is 240 per shot.

Yeah okay. Its still a pretty useful ability theoretically though. 3 shot mediums, and increased pen against panthers
5 Oct 2017, 01:42 AM

Yeah okay. Its still a pretty useful ability theoretically though. 3 shot mediums, and increased pen against panthers

Yes but it's still to fragile. Very difficult to chase with.
5 Oct 2017, 01:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yes but it's still to fragile. Very difficult to chase with.

RIP FBP jackson changes :'(
As a usf player that actually techs major, the cancellation made me very sad.

And (again, if aim time is a flat requirement that the jackson has the other vehicle targeted for 4 seconds before it fires) this means its hard to maintain sight on the target for the full 4 seconds because of the jacksons fragility.
5 Oct 2017, 11:30 AM

Depends what you need. If you get the entire duration of the ability off including the double tap at the end you can kill a vet 2 panther, given all the shots pen as well.

Don't make us lough ANY Axis tanks (except Pz2 ) would kill Jackson just rushing to it.(Don't foreget it is considered as TD).

If you wanna lose your jackson guarateed press HVAP. Paying for it additional ammo.
5 Oct 2017, 11:36 AM

increased pen against panthers

Ya - Have you seen video where Panther stood still as a sitting duck and Jackson - could penetrate while using HVAP twice in a row? I play USF a lot. It happens very ofthen. Jackson - rules only when kite. When it sees target it fires. From afar. THat what important.
5 Oct 2017, 11:41 AM

MirageFla, the man that has inside look of since (conspiracy) COH2 says better do not use it. I believed him and my Jacksons now survive and deal damage more ofthen than before. FOR FREE.
5 Oct 2017, 22:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ya - Have you seen video where Panther stood still as a sitting duck and Jackson - could penetrate while using HVAP twice in a row? I play USF a lot. It happens very ofthen. Jackson - rules only when kite. When it sees target it fires. From afar. THat what important.

I mean, thats just rng. Like i said, in theory, its an excellent ability. 40 extra damage and increased pen with the jacksons suprisingly great vet make hvap vet 3 jacksons seem statistically broken.
6 Oct 2017, 17:27 PM

For USF which is better to have jackson tank deosyer or M10 tank destoyer and which is the best commander overall for USF
6 Oct 2017, 22:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

For USF which is better to have jackson tank deosyer or M10 tank destoyer and which is the best commander overall for USF

If its a 1 to 1 comparison, you would generally want to have a jackson. Of course, this all depends on your army comp, his army comp, and the map.

Best commander overall is unquestionably armor company. It is miles ahead of any other usf commander (though i personally use tactical support).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★