Login

russian armor

Improving my gameplay

4 Aug 2013, 07:39 AM

Looking for some input into how to effective approach this game. To give you all some background I lanned vcoh in college a bit but that was almost 5 years ago and other than that only possess COH2 Experience.

I find that German game play is a bit too channeled and leaves little room for flex, in addition I often find myself able to win engagements without combined arms so I have been trying to conquer the Red Army.

I struggle with snow maps in particular as I tend to have bad luck with my Paper Mache dolls (scout cars) and have found that a standard infantry tactic is easily beaten by mg spam. I am currently attempting mortars which I find to be inconsistent at best. The only other viable option I can see is satchel rushes. I understand that the generic input of play better applies here but I would like some sincere feedback on what you all find to be the best counter to MG Spam on snow maps.
4 Aug 2013, 08:24 AM

mortar and snipers , thats how i do it , honestly never had a problem its easy to beat if u flank him hard and use combined arms

Code
I find that German game play is a bit too channeled and leaves little room for flex, in addition I often find myself able to win engagements without combined arms so I have been trying to conquer the Red Army.

Hmm i think Germans are very flexible and without it they couldnt win ... I mostly make 70% of their units (excluding brumbar and stug) while with Soviets im afraid to backtech and usually win with t1-t4 (t2-t3 is huge risk , altought its more fun than other tech)
and soviet army relies greatly on call-ins ...also cons tend to be very versatile (molotovs,at nades,htd,ppsh,merge,flare) and they can fulfill every role that u require from infantry while getting resources for armor and other stuff...I guess u saw those funky build orders for soviets (con+con+con+con+molotov+3xcon etc.) And with germans there isnt a day where i dont make every infantry unit they have and use it the best i can. Imo soviet penal squads and t-34 needs tweaking so it would be more fun to go that route since those units i find rly interesting and want to play them but they are not worth the build time and resources

Sry for the long post , i just needed to discuss my point of view
There are many experts that can give u tips on how to improve (i hope they do) ...i mostly go mortar(120mm)+sniper+M3, flame squad is good 2.... when playing germans i similar sniper+flamer hf+mortar hf ... honestly mg spam has never beaten me (or any spam for that matter cuz i rly rly combine many stuff and prepare for anything enemy might throw at me , mainly cuz spam is predictable)
Cheers
4 Aug 2013, 09:48 AM

I agree with MadrRasha that the ostheer army is a lot more flexible then the soviet army.

A soviet tactic i usually use on open maps:

try going three conscpripts (only engage with them when you have a clear advantage) and then building t1 with your first engineer and upgrade that with flamer, build m3 sniper m3.

Put the flamer in the first halftrack but dont rush it in, try only engaging single gren squads (even if you get fausted, the gren has to retreat before it can kill off the m3) or lone mgs.

Start killing off units with the sniper and then put it in the second m3 when its build to give it great mobility and protection, again, keep it back and keep an eye on it.

Call in a guard squad, upgrade dp, and put it in the first m3, by this time the ostheer army is so big that a flamer can't get close anymore. Keep it close to your sniper m3 to protect it from scout cars.

After this i usually tech for at nades to cripple scout cars and half track which then can be finished off by the m3 guards and maybe build a fourth conscript.

With the relatively small army you now have you can stay at a distance, doing manpower damage without putting your m3s at great risk. Keep using your conscripts to cap around but flank in when you see a weakened position.

When you have enough fuel build t4 and SU85.

Don't forget to plant mines everywhere throughout the game, but always keep a munitions buffer to use button or at nades. This will delay T3 vehicle play from the ostheer player until you get your su85 out.

Of course, this is just a suggestion/guide line, adjustments always have to be made to counter your opponents actions.
raw
4 Aug 2013, 10:24 AM

The Ostheer army is definitely more flexible, since you basically get automatic access to all your units while you tech up whereas the soviets kinda have to make THE decision at around 5min and 10min mark what they want to build for the rest of the game.

In terms of opener, 3xconscript->1x engi builds tent->2x scout cars and fill up with flamer engies seems to be the safest opener as soviets.

going support weapons kompaneya vs. a competent enemy will lose you the game, because you will lack capping power, HMG removal and staying power. winning the early game is absolutely crucial to soviet victory.
4 Aug 2013, 10:45 AM
Donator 11

I struggle with snow maps in particular as I tend to have bad luck with my Paper Mache dolls (scout cars)

how many scout cars do you build? and how do you use them? rushing with a flamer is not the best option anymore, many pros use it just to have a sniper or guard in it!

i prefer to go 3 conscripts, molotov, T1 one to two snipers (they are VERY good), guards and atnades. usually i have won at this point, because my snipers are that dangerous. if not, i go t4 and get su85s.

and NEVER leave your snipers undefended. a scoutcar might come and kill them, so use mines (they onehit a scoutcar), guards and atnades and you should be fine!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★