Login

russian armor

How to counter British Wasp Universal Carrier?

29 Sep 2017, 15:51 PM

That thing comes so early that I don't have anything AT to deal with it.
29 Sep 2017, 15:57 PM

You dont get to reliabily kill it, but pretty much anything can force it to hang back.
That thing even has a problem defeating a vet0 mg in a house, with its poor damage.
So dont try to chase, get out of cover when it attacks and force it back with small arms fire.
Once you get 222 which comes only max two minutes after it, you rape it in a second
29 Sep 2017, 16:00 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

That thing comes so early that I don't have anything AT to deal with it.

OKW: get a raktenwerfer

Wehrmacht
  • MG in a hosue or greencover wins already.
  • Wait until you have muni for a faust and then go attack it from 2 side.

Btw if brit goes for a early UC he has 0 capping power. So you can cap alot from the map.
29 Sep 2017, 16:31 PM

OKW: get a raktenwerfer

Wehrmacht
  • MG in a hosue or greencover wins already.
  • Wait until you have muni for a faust and then go attack it from 2 side.

Btw if brit goes for a early UC he has 0 capping power. So you can cap alot from the map.

He was talking about wasp carrier - with flamethrower. The worst thing you can do against it is to move your mg behind cover/in garrison :)
29 Sep 2017, 16:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

He was talking about wasp carrier - with flamethrower. The worst thing you can do against it is to move your mg behind cover/in garrison :)

Oh i see,

A) well gren with flank and faust

B) fast 222

C) OkW mine / rakten

D) If you have already a vet1 mg or later when the UC is still alive: Use the vet1 ability :)
14 Nov 2017, 16:40 PM

Whats weird is that the Wasp has incredibly bad fire on the move penalties. It seems like a bad idea but if it's unprotected having a Gren just walk straight at it to stall until it leaves isn't all that bad of an idea. I've been on both ends of this and it takes a wasp like a whole minute of retreating and shooting to kill a gren squad for some reason.
25 Nov 2017, 11:26 AM

I've been on both ends of this and it takes a wasp like a whole minute of retreating and shooting to kill a gren squad for some reason.

I imagine thats to stop it chasing squads down early game and getting too easy wipes, they kinda learnt that from the Kv8 early days.

Wasp is supposed to be brits early game garrison counter, not equivalent of soviet clown car.

If you really hate fighting wasp, you can use encirclement doctrine simply for 10 muni sprint, use it to easily get grens in faust range. Then later combined with some shrek storms you can do the same vs larger light vehicles, pretty nice against USA, very difficult for the enemy to plan for sprinting axis AT squads.

Also I use the +7% range buff for Fauts which really helps vs light vehicles early.
12 Dec 2017, 23:49 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 161
unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %