Login

russian armor

Factional Showdown 5: Soviets vs. OKW - Sign ups!

A_E
25 Sep 2017, 20:17 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Welcome to Episode 5 of Factional Showdown, a mini tournament where two factions are locked in a cage match together and four players compete in a competition for bragging rights, pride, respect, and $20 of patreon funded money.

After great games in episode 4 we saw Noggano reign supreme once more winning 2-0 with Brits only win over OKw in that episode. This week however we welcome a true test of cutting edge faction balance OKW vs. Soviet which will allow the very best players to stretch their wings on statistically the most powerful 1v1 factions.

Who will enter the cage this week and engage in a fight to the bitter end?!

Tournament is Sunday October 1st

starting at 6pm GMT/ 7pm BST/ 8pm CEST.

With A_E bringing you the action on twitch.tv/AECoH

Playlist of episodes so far - Brackets

1) To sign up respond this thread and and declare either for Soviets or OKW.

E.g. "declare for Soviets!" or "declare for OKW!"

2) Link your playercard.

3) Pick your three commander bans for the opposing faction.

Selection:

On Saturday morning four players will be chosen: the two top automatch ranked sign-ups for each faction will be selected to play.

Seed 1 of Soviets will face seed 2 of OKW and vice-versa.

There will be a waiting list that will be used for any no-shows so stand by if not selected!

Rules:

Link to full rules page.

Summary:

• 500VP. Live patch. $20 for winner. Fixed positions Allies [1]
  • Maps: Kholodny Ferma for semis - Crossroads 1.1 for Final
  • Semis: best-of-one players play on their declared factions.
  • Final: best-of-three players play on their declared factions, unless..
  • Same faction wins semis: coin toss - winner chooses faction in G1, then swap G2, VP leader chooses in decider.
  • No streaming. All replays to be posted to COH2.ORG by winner.
  • All communication to be in Steam with A_E on the day. Check in 30 minutes before tourney start.

Commander Ban System

Every player selected must ban three commanders of the opposing faction that they do not wish to play against.

These commanders cannot be played against this player.

Note: if in a same-faction-wins-semis scenario, in the Bo3 final players cannot play as their banned commanders when they play the opposite faction.

As funded on Patreon - Good luck and God speed.

25 Sep 2017, 20:34 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Declare soviets, bans: spec ops, scavenge, sturmtiger.

Can i give some advice, idk if other players agree but kholodny ferma is imo not a that good map because the right side is difficult bcs its difficult to hold vp's. Idk (forgot) if allies is right side or okw, but its a bit unbalanced but maybe its me. May i suggest faymonville approach? :D
A_E
25 Sep 2017, 20:49 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Can i give some advice, idk if other players agree but kholodny ferma is imo not a that good map because the right side is difficult bcs its difficult to hold vp's. Idk (forgot) if allies is right side or okw, but its a bit unbalanced but maybe its me. May i suggest faymonville approach? :D

We have faymonville approach all the time gotta change it up slightly. I'm sure top level players will overcome Kholodny Ferma it's been in every big tournament since 2014!
26 Sep 2017, 01:28 AM
Donator 11

26 Sep 2017, 01:56 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Allies start on right side and Axis on left. Fortunatly for this specific factional soviets are in the allied spot. Soviets are well known to have an advantage on KFS. So the sides and the soviet advantage should theoredically even out possibly. By how much though I do not know.

Declare for OKW

Ban: Lend lease, Defensive, Counterattack.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198023067759
26 Sep 2017, 05:51 AM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2017, 20:49 PMA_E

We have faymonville approach all the time gotta change it up slightly. I'm sure top level players will overcome Kholodny Ferma it's been in every big tournament since 2014!

true true, i thought i will just write down my unsure opinion ;)
26 Sep 2017, 05:52 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Allies start on right side and Axis on left. Fortunatly for this specific factional soviets are in the allied spot. Soviets are well known to have an advantage on KFS. So the sides and the soviet advantage should theoredically even out possibly. By how much though I do not know.

Declare for OKW

Ban: Lend lease, Defensive, Counterattack.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198023067759

Thx for reminding me :guyokay:
26 Sep 2017, 06:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Personally, I'd like to see this showdown feature some of the rank ~50-100 players. I kind of wish this tournament could be a little more inclusive since its a lot of the same players again, and I'd like to see people like shadowlink and others around that rank get to play in some money matches. I know it'd be too much to ask all of the top players not to sign up, and this post effectively has no point (whoops), but I had to at least express this.
A_E
26 Sep 2017, 06:33 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Personally, I'd like to see this showdown feature some of the rank ~50-100 players. I kind of wish this tournament could be a little more inclusive since its a lot of the same players again, and I'd like to see people like shadowlink and others around that rank get to play in some money matches. I know it'd be too much to ask all of the top players not to sign up, and this post effectively has no point (whoops), but I had to at least express this.

I know but you have to understand by automatch rank is the most efficient and fairest way I can organise this event quickly for small tournaments. Also my theory was using all 5 ranks would possibly mean we'd see more uknown players, the fact that we haven't isn't necessarily my fault moreso the weak playerbase at the moment.

After this series is through I have a true invitational concept where I deliberately ask people we haven't seen much before to play under tournament conditions, I think that might be fun.
26 Sep 2017, 08:16 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2017, 06:33 AMA_E

I know but you have to understand by automatch rank is the most efficient and fairest way I can organise this event quickly for small tournaments. Also my theory was using all 5 ranks would possibly mean we'd see more uknown players, the fact that we haven't isn't necessarily my fault moreso the weak playerbase at the moment.

After this series is through I have a true invitational concept where I deliberately ask people we haven't seen much before to play under tournament conditions, I think that might be fun.

Indeed. +1

Maybe when this series is over (I guess this one and then USA vs Wehrmacht is the last one), we can go for rank 50-100. Would love to see that as well.

Because this people can be good as well and bring interesting games!
26 Sep 2017, 08:48 AM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2017, 06:33 AMA_E

https://www.coh2.org/news/43836/the-beginners-tournament , something like this? :D

I could un sign up if you want, i don't mind :)
26 Sep 2017, 09:06 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

https://www.coh2.org/news/43836/the-beginners-tournament , something like this? :D

Well i prefer 50-100 and not 1000 or worser^^
26 Sep 2017, 10:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

We have the rank 2 okw player already. This ones a top level showdown similar to the rest, so definitely no reason for you to withdraw :)
26 Sep 2017, 10:20 AM
Senior Referee Badge

We have the rank 2 okw player already. This ones a top level showdown similar to the rest, so definitely no reason for you to withdraw :)

My secret soviet strategies is gonna rek whole okw :foreveralone:
26 Sep 2017, 12:38 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Thx for reminding me :guyokay:

Hey man you gave us all a true underdog story. Was a great watch. And when in doubt, you can always say it's OP ;)

Any reason you havn't declared yet?
26 Sep 2017, 15:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

@shadowlink: id like to see who declares for which faction first since we're not allowed to redeclare. Also, if someone thats, say, ranked 10th (any rank below me but better than top 30, i guess; anyone below top 30 probably stands no chance with paul in the mix imo :/) with okw who hasnt played in a showdown yet, id prefer to let them play instead of pushing them out
26 Sep 2017, 15:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Hey man you gave us all a true underdog story. Was a great watch. And when in doubt, you can always say it's OP ;)

Reminds me of arty cover :( (koth match vs paul)
At least that ability got nerfed, but it looks like hooligan, on the other hand, gets no closure :/
27 Sep 2017, 16:02 PM

Declare for OKW
ban 2 docs with DSHK and doc with KV1.
28 Sep 2017, 23:17 PM

Declare for Sov
Ban Breakthrough, Spec Ops, and Scavenge Doc

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198012811763
29 Sep 2017, 19:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Declare for OKW.

Ban lend lease, defensive, and counterattack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★