Login

russian armor

[HELP] Create a Custom Retreat Point

23 Sep 2017, 07:39 AM

For the Americans they have the Major act as a retreat point if you choose to have it that way. I want to make roughly the same concept but with the Airborne's Paradrop Beacon. I created a custom beacon. But I'm not sure how to create a custom toggleable beacon to act as a retreat point. Any help is appreciated.
23 Sep 2017, 17:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

When a unit retreats, it moves to the closest HQ, HQ_wreck, or Alternate_Retreat_Point. The Major uses a Toggle ability to spawn an entity with Alternate_Retreat_Point. Enity: attributes\ebps\races\aef\buildings\defensive_structures\retreat_point_actual_mp. This is the same for the OKW retreat, just multiple. When I look at the Major FRP ability it will probably work as is when attached to your custom made beacon. Just make sure your builder unit is building it and not the pathfinder beacon.
26 Sep 2017, 13:49 PM

Basically, as Ægion hinted, what you need to do is, basically either:
- Make your Pathfinders' antenna also spawn an actual_retreat_point_mp
- Or, add* "alternate_retreat_point" to your pathfinder beacon types (ie.., where you define whether something is a building, a machine gun, infantry, etc, etc)

* In order to assign a particular class type to a unit turn one of the <null> values into the desired class type. The order probably doesn't matter.

If you want to take this idea a step further (e.g,. only Airborne troops should be allowed to retreat to Beacons; everybody else has to fall back to the Major), do the following:
- Instead of "alternate_retreat_point" assign a type of "coho_raid_3" to your pathfinder antenna (coho_raid_3 is just a unit type that isn't used by anything else, so it's safe to use for that)
- Go to your paratrooper SBPS file and look under retreat_ext. Somewhere in that list, the types of valid retreat points for paratroopers are "hq" and "aternate_retreat_point"; in that list, also add "coho_raid_3" to the list of candidate destinations.
26 Sep 2017, 17:27 PM

Basically, as Ægion hinted, what you need to do is, basically either:
- Make your Pathfinders' antenna also spawn an actual_retreat_point_mp
- Or, add* "alternate_retreat_point" to your pathfinder beacon types (ie.., where you define whether something is a building, a machine gun, infantry, etc, etc)

* In order to assign a particular class type to a unit turn one of the <null> values into the desired class type. The order probably doesn't matter.

If you want to take this idea a step further (e.g,. only Airborne troops should be allowed to retreat to Beacons; everybody else has to fall back to the Major), do the following:
- Instead of "alternate_retreat_point" assign a type of "coho_raid_3" to your pathfinder antenna (coho_raid_3 is just a unit type that isn't used by anything else, so it's safe to use for that)
- Go to your paratrooper SBPS file and look under retreat_ext. Somewhere in that list, the types of valid retreat points for paratroopers are "hq" and "aternate_retreat_point"; in that list, also add "coho_raid_3" to the list of candidate destinations.

I did finally get the custom retreat point to work as intended like Ægion stated. Your addition information is very insightful. I did not know you could actually specify in detail like that. Thank you both for your help and information.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★