Login

russian armor

P-47 Rocket Strike vs Stuka Close Air Support [VIDEO Proof]

27 Sep 2017, 03:10 AM

So, some people argue that the problem is that it was only Heavys, some argue that it was not the same tank, so I did both abilities only against PanzerIV.

https://youtu.be/4bZC2qTjRis

Please accept the truth

27 Sep 2017, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2017, 21:41 PMBizrock

You all are Popcap.

If only USF had some sort of convenient way to safely ignore popcap restrictions, hmmm.
27 Sep 2017, 03:52 AM

If only USF had some sort of convenient way to safely ignore popcap restrictions, hmmm.

This is something that should not happen, FBP would fix it.
However, we are not discussing this here.
27 Sep 2017, 04:06 AM

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone, who has used it, that this ability was nerfed into near uselessness. It's a good muni-sink if you are winning but a Tiger or something like that shows up and you snare it I guess.
27 Sep 2017, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2017, 02:48 AMBizrock

I can do with mediuns, even with moving targets, I almost Guarantee that the result will be the same since Stuka damage engine and stuns.

Stop lying to yourself, just admit that Stuka is way superior than p47.

Sure. If you compare raw damage and raw perfomance in perfect situation, without any other factors, then yes stuka is supperior. But thouse tests prove nothing, because damage is not the only important thing.
27 Sep 2017, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2017, 03:52 AMBizrock

This is something that should not happen, FBP would fix it.
However, we are not discussing this here.

When ?
Only popcap fix was priest because it was beyond any hope, with usf players massing 6+ priests constantly decrewed for cooldown.
It could still POPCAP ABUSE.
27 Sep 2017, 14:07 PM

Sure. If you compare raw damage and raw perfomance in perfect situation, without any other factors, then yes stuka is supperior. But thouse tests prove nothing, because damage is not the only important thing.

What are the factors that make the Stuka worst than the P47?
27 Sep 2017, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2017, 14:07 PMEsxile

What are the factors that make the Stuka worst than the P47?

Ostensibly that it doesn't require sight but that's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Usf turbo mortar wouldn't be ok if it required LoS al the time.
29 Sep 2017, 13:00 PM

Ostensibly that it doesn't require sight but that's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Usf turbo mortar wouldn't be ok if it required LoS al the time.

Are you telling that p47 doesn't need sight?
29 Sep 2017, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2017, 13:00 PMBizrock

Are you telling that p47 doesn't need sight?

Yes but that doesn't really matter because the circle is puny and the rockets miss all the time. But, hey, it doesn't require sight, so clearly it's equal to Stuka strafes because requirement of LoS clearly balances out with consistence in damage and good probability of inflicting like 3 criticals on every strafe with rockets that miss everything smaller than a JT's broadside *end sarcasm* (which funnily enough can probably shoot through the circle anyway).
29 Sep 2017, 13:57 PM

Yes but that doesn't really matter because the circle is puny and the rockets miss all the time. But, hey, it doesn't require sight, so clearly it's equal to Stuka strafes because requirement of LoS clearly balances out with consistence in damage and good probability of inflicting like 3 criticals on every strafe with rockets that miss everything smaller than a JT's broadside *end sarcasm* (which funnily enough can probably shoot through the circle anyway).

Just tested. It needs sight.
29 Sep 2017, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2017, 13:57 PMBizrock

Just tested. It needs sight.

I was dubitative with the statement, from memories it need sight.

And Last time I used it rockets went through the Jgt dealing 0 damage to it...
30 Sep 2017, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 21:16 PMVipper

Ostheer are more munition hungry than USF. Grenadier without weapon upgrades is one of the worse mainline infantry while PZIV and Panther without pintals are bad vs infantry...

ost is munition hunger than usf? lol
Vaz
30 Sep 2017, 05:55 AM

You guys supporting axis are outright lying on here. P47 was fine before the nerf, if the current stuka is fine to you. They pretty much did the same thing.

The p47 is NOT currently bugged. Relic intentionally set its accuracy so that will miss all it does. This used to be how the stuka was, it would miss a lot. Then it was nerfed and now it only misses if your vehicle is moving at max speed. If you are still in the process of accelerating, kiss your vehicle goodbye. It's literally what Vipper says is bad for the game, you click it and win. I've had multiple opponents do this to me in games. They just send a couple units into the area where they know I have vehicles (usually there is an attrition they are losing), they call in the stuka and I have to move way back. If I don't notice it, I will lose not 1, but multiple vehicles. No panther assistance, no p4, nothing. It's cheap and it cools down fast enough such that once I have been able reorganize after the planes have gone, that another one is ready for the next time I make push into contested territory. All they have to do is keep their munitions income up. Not very hard for Ost, since they actually aren't munitions hungry ALL game. They need about 400 munitions to max out all their troop held weapons, maybe some more for bunker upgrades, and better players will lay a few mines. Once into the late stages, they really aren't doing anything but calling in high skill off map attacks. The p47 is innefective against OKW since they start with AA and get good AA with that gun truck.

There was a little discussion about priest being an annoyance. This couldn't be more wrong. At least in team games I run into a lot of stupid allied players that will make like 4 priests and try to hit moving targets with them. That doesn't work. I do quite well with priest. OKW retreat to truck, they are getting bashed and the player is going to have to fuss with trying to move unhealthy squads out of the blast zone. You run over a heavy mine and are stuck. I'm going to wait a while for your repair technicians to come save it, then I'm going to bash it and kill your tank and the techs. You don't move your walking stuka or werfer? Getting pounded. Hogging buildings? Pounded. You put your gun truck somewhere on the field? Destroying that. The way I use priest, most people make pretty risky moves to drop it. My favorite is when I'm ahead in resources and they send a suicide panther that gets through, but I exit the priest. The panther destroys it, I destroy the panther, then I call in a new priest and recrew it, still got that vet. Priest just has it's place and it's not as good for using as an oh shit button for advancing infantry, like rockets are. Allied players are allergic to laying mines too, at least the ones I get stuck with most of the time.

Bottom line: If Axis players are comfy with current p47, that's fine. Stuka needs nerfs to bring it to a similar level and cost.
30 Sep 2017, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2017, 22:21 PMVipper

I made no such claim, I simply pointed out Ostheer is one of the most munition hungry faction, imo much more than USF.

Imo loitering planes generally need an overhaul. Planes should have HP and not die from critical and they should also be worth calling but not without counters.

An idea for that would be to harder to shoot down, have a small sight radius so that fire but suffer "suppression style" affect when fired upon.

as usf you need 2lmg's of 60ammo... there's no way you need more ammo as ost then as usf.
also you have to tech for those upgrades... and if you decide to get 200pzgrens with all upgraded pzshrecks i can understand but that's your fault. get an atgun instead...
30 Sep 2017, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 08:20 AMYRon²y

as usf you need 2lmg's of 60ammo... there's no way you need more ammo as ost then as usf.
also you have to tech for those upgrades... and if you decide to get 200pzgrens with all upgraded pzshrecks i can understand but that's your fault. get an atgun instead...

USF can invest in buying double weapon for every infantry they have but they do not have to, because riflemen can beat most mainly infantry with the same investment in mu.

Now asking to be able to create a infantry blob with double weapon AND being able to call powerful AT off map is actually a step in the wrong direction...

On the other hand Ostheer need weapon upgrade for their units just to stay comparative.
30 Sep 2017, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 08:42 AMVipper

USF can invest in buying double weapon for every infantry they have but they do not have to, because riflemen can beat most mainly infantry with the same investment in mu.

Now asking to be able to create a infantry blob with double weapon AND being able to call powerful AT off map is actually a step in the wrong direction...

On the other hand Ostheer need weapon upgrade for their units just to stay comparative.

THIS +100000000

There's the 1 bar "beat any mainline in equally favourable fighting conditions at mid/close range" option and the 2 bar "beat anything at any range unless you get outnumbered/are in red cover"

Unfortunately some people seems unable to understand this.

Grens without a lmg 42 are dead meat, riflemen without lmg are ok, 1 and they become beasts, 2 stupidly relevant "elite-like" infantry.
Vaz
30 Sep 2017, 15:20 PM

You two have no proof that equally invested mu will result in allied win.
30 Sep 2017, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 15:20 PMVaz
You two have no proof that equally invested mu will result in allied win.

Except dps curve and dps calculations.

Oh yeah and tons of actual gameplay.

Looking at those with unbiased opinion helps too.
30 Sep 2017, 15:59 PM

some really deluded comments from the typical usf fan boys here however, P47 needs a drastic price decrease or a performance buff
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight