Login

russian armor

[Help] Units No Longer Auto Repair/Heal

22 Sep 2017, 11:32 AM

So I cloned the tank crews and medics for the US and since doing that they no longer auto heal or repair their vehicles. Any help is appreciated.
24 Sep 2017, 18:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's strange the these actions disappeared while cloning, but they're also easily added back. The actions are 'always_on_abilties' and are located here:

Heal: abilities\aef\always_on_ability\medic_auto_heal
Repair: abilities\aef\always_on_ability\vehicle_crew_auto_repair

You have to add them to 'squad_abilities_ext' in your squad in 'sbps'.
25 Sep 2017, 21:04 PM

It's strange the these actions disappeared while cloning, but they're also easily added back. The actions are 'always_on_abilties' and are located here:

Heal: abilities\aef\always_on_ability\medic_auto_heal
Repair: abilities\aef\always_on_ability\vehicle_crew_auto_repair

You have to add them to 'squad_abilities_ext' in your squad in 'sbps'.

As it turns out, the units still have those abilities in the sbps. I'm not sure what's causing them to just stand there.
26 Sep 2017, 13:40 PM

The auto-repair ability for medics/vehicle crews is bugged, but it still works 100% of the time, when you need it?

How? If you decrew a vehicle, the crew will immediately start repairing the closest vehicle. The bug refers to the fact that the crew will only repair a single vehicle, and won't continue with other vehicles.

For vehicle crews you never really notice this bug, since the only time you care about them repairing vehicles is their own.

For medics, the bug is a lot more visible, since you need them to be healing a ton of squads.

Therefore, before you continue debugging further make sure that your squad at least behaves as good as medics/vehicle crews.

I haven't tried to fix thus. However, if you are hellbent on fixing the bug, I would add a requirement on the always-on healing ability to have a near-entity requirement for injured allied squads.
26 Sep 2017, 17:25 PM

The units only repair/heal when I have to force them to. The medics just idly stand near troops doing nothing until I tell them to. The auto heal ability is active yet they do nothing. Even the vehicle crews, when they dismount, they just stand there until I force them to repair the vehicle. I move them out of combat and whatnot, but they just stand in place unless ordered to actually repair/heal. Tedious in nature. I appreciate the input.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS