Login

russian armor

Help vs. early aggressive brits 2v2

16 Sep 2017, 20:26 PM

Recently I decided to start playing OKW (instead of OST), and things have been going fairly well (currently around #130 in 2v2). Against Sov and USF I find that I can do fairly well, but against Brits (especially aggressive ones), I find that I get completely pushed off the map.

The build I usually have problems with is mean starting IS -> MG -> Carrier -> IS.
My usual build is Kubel -> 3x Volks -> tech into battlegroup for a fast flak-HT and ISGs.

What usually happens is that the IS with a supporting MG gets into a useful position, covering a fuel point or VP. This usually isn't too much of a problem, since flanking with Sturms can deal the MG fairly well. The problem is once the carrier hits, there's not a lot I can do. The carrier's MG does enough damage that a single flanking sturm squad is forced to retreat fairly quickly.

I would try to flank with another Volks squad, but since I only have 2 at this time, they both need to be fighting the IS (1v1, specially vs. cover doesn't seem to work).

I've considered switching the 3rd volks for a raketten, but I think this might weaken power vs. infantry a bit too much.

Any suggestions for this problem?

/edit

This is particularly bad on building-heavy maps, such as Schilberg, Trois-ponts or Lierneux, since the MG gets the massive range bonus from any of the buildings.
7 Oct 2017, 18:36 PM

So it's been almost a month. Is there an OKW counter for this, or is it just a case of hoping you massively outplay/RNG aggressive brits? Combined with penal spam in 2v2 it seems pretty much impossible to win unless you massively outplay them.

It's basically gotten to the point that vs. any team without brits, my win rate is probably 75%, but with a single brit its probably 20%.
7 Oct 2017, 20:32 PM

Hi, I think it is worth it to build a rakketen against carrier. He will be only 10 manpower ahead (UC = 260 mp, Rakketen = 270) but the rakketen will not only hardcounter UC but also serves a good duty in the lategame

If you are having problems against garrisons in urban heavy maps do not be afraid to go Feuersturm Doctrine. Double Sturmpioneers with Flamethrowers does wonders there and your friend can cover your lack of call in tank (he can go Special Ops for Commando Panther and you will go for panzer 4 into Kingtiger). Once again, do not be afraid of the commander, he wins you the early game and OKW doesn´t really need a helping hand lategame against UKF if you have a clever ally.

Against Soviets try baiting Clown car on a mine, always 2v1 penals, get high ground, protect your forces with rakketen and quickly rush mechanized tier and the Luchs to punish your enemy for going soviets. Then it´s on your friend to quickly build a P4 (either Ostheer or OKW one).
Ostheer is quite good against Sov as well - being a support role. You win engangements and cover your forces with Rakketen while his HMG suppress Penals and his Grenadiers faust Clown Car
7 Oct 2017, 21:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I think that might work, I'll pick up Feuersturm when I can (need 250points, so 1 drop).

Vs. Soviets and penal spam, it's only really a problem when it's supported by a brit playing aggressively, so I think that this will fix both problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L