17 Sep 2017, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 19:49 PMAndy_RE
Hi everyone

thanks for clearing things up Andy
17 Sep 2017, 19:55 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Hi everyone,

We've been dealing with a few issues, and recognize that there have been some problems with the contest thus far.

However, we really appreciate the efforts of the community and want to see this contest be as successful as possible. Please bear with us while we see what we can do moving forward.

Regarding Whiteflash's post, I've reached out to him directly to discuss the issue. Originally, his map was excluded for non-submission by the 2nd deadline, not for a lack of quality.

It seems there was either misunderstanding or miscommunication around this deadline.

In light of his work over the years, and the overall reception for this map, we will re-enter the map and have our Relic map judge assess it tomorrow.

I hope this clears up this specific issue, and I'd like to thank everyone for their passion and involvement in this project.

Thx for responding here :)
17 Sep 2017, 20:00 PM

Hi everyone,

We've been dealing with a few issues, and recognize that there have been some problems with the contest thus far.

However, we really appreciate the efforts of the community and want to see this contest be as successful as possible. Please bear with us while we see what we can do moving forward.

Regarding Whiteflash's post, I've reached out to him directly to discuss the issue. Originally, his map was excluded for non-submission by the 2nd deadline, not for a lack of quality.

It seems there was either misunderstanding or miscommunication around this deadline.

In light of his work over the years, and the overall reception for this map, we will re-enter the map and have our Relic map judge assess it tomorrow.

I hope this clears up this specific issue, and I'd like to thank everyone for their passion and involvement in this project.

+1

Thats a Relic I want to see :)

Keep it up.

ANY NEWS ABOUT FALL BALANCE PATCH ???
17 Sep 2017, 22:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Hi everyone,

Two other maps need to be reeneted, stalingrad station and counter attack, both have had the same issues
18 Sep 2017, 02:02 AM

18 Sep 2017, 06:21 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 22:09 PMTric

Two other maps need to be reeneted, stalingrad station and counter attack, both have had the same issues

These two were added reinstated already some time last week...
21 Sep 2017, 00:08 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Thanks Relic, thanks all for the support. Hopefully things will get smoother between Relic and the community in the future....actions will speak louder than words.
Law
21 Sep 2017, 01:39 AM

Thanks Relic, thanks all for the support. Hopefully things will get smoother between Relic and the community in the future....actions will speak louder than words.

Amen
21 Sep 2017, 08:59 AM

Permanently Banned

Thanks man for work and sad to hear you words about this situation.
21 Sep 2017, 11:15 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the update!

Just some feedback for you.

I don't understand why there is such a large map roster in 1v1 or 2v2 compared to other competitive games (I can't say for 3v3/4v4 since I don't play those modes.

If you look at other games like CS:GO (8 active competitive maps) or SC2 (7 active competitive maps), they have a small select pool of the best balanced maps.

COH2 has something like 12 maps in 1v1 and more than half of those aren't fit for competitive play. Fewer high quality competitive maps is imo better than many lower quality ones.

If Relic truly wants to improve their online experiences this is one area which action can be taken.

21 Sep 2017, 11:47 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2017, 11:15 AMwuff

Thanks for the update!

Just some feedback for you.

I don't understand why there is such a large map roster in 1v1 or 2v2 compared to other competitive games (I can't say for 3v3/4v4 since I don't play those modes.

If you look at other games like CS:GO (8 active competitive maps) or SC2 (7 active competitive maps), they have a small select pool of the best balanced maps.

COH2 has something like 12 maps in 1v1 and more than half of those aren't fit for competitive play. Fewer high quality competitive maps is imo better than many lower quality ones.

If Relic truly wants to improve their online experiences this is one area which action can be taken.

In 4vs4 you have 14 maps and only 4 vetos!! In 1vs1 atleast you have more vetos^^
21 Sep 2017, 17:14 PM

21 Sep 2017, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2017, 17:14 PMRosbone

This is a world of people who get excited about skins and legendary leather boots, things that have nothing to do with game play at all. If anything, MORE maps would be best to keep the game from becoming stale. How many times do you load into an automatch and say "..oh no, not this map again...". Imagine now there are only 5 or so maps. The more maps the greater chance you will get a map you like.

+1
Keep 'em maps rotating - keep automatch interesting. Means: New maps to get used to, new challenges to be accepted. I'm not too much into competitive CoH, but this is the key and keeps both the mapping and the playing community busy.
21 Sep 2017, 18:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

The more maps the greater chance you will get a map you like.

The more GOOD maps. GOOD. dont forget the GOOD. so many are garbage. so many. remove the garbage maps asap. and dont forget to make new maps competitive, have excellent flow and balance or everyone suffers. if the map cant fulfill competitive requirements DONT put it in automatch under any circumstances, keep it in the game if you like but never add them to automatch.
1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 21 Sep 2017, 19:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys,

Just linking to our most recent update here in case anyone missed it.

https://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2017/09/19/2v2-map-making-contest-update-9

Cheers all,

Andy
21 Sep 2017, 20:34 PM

This is a world of people who get excited about skins and legendary leather boots, things that have nothing to do with game play at all. If anything, MORE maps would be best to keep the game from becoming stale. How many times do you load into an automatch and say "..oh no, not this map again...". Imagine now there are only 5 or so maps. The more maps the greater chance you will get a map you like.

A well designed map that compliments gameplay can be played a million times and still remain fun (dust2, mirage, inferno) etc

Players also need to learn maps, having too many is over saturation.

Having a smaller but well balanced set of maps is easier to maintain on the developers end as well.

21 Sep 2017, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2017, 17:58 PMDonXavi

+1
Keep 'em maps rotating - keep automatch interesting. Means: New maps to get used to, new challenges to be accepted. I'm not too much into competitive CoH, but this is the key and keeps both the mapping and the playing community busy.

Community maps are certainly a good thing, and I believe rotating one into the rotation each month would be execellent.
21 Sep 2017, 22:02 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight