Login

russian armor

resources layout

14 Sep 2017, 16:23 PM

need help with coming up with a resource layout for map I'm working on having a blank atm
any help is appreciated. thanks
14 Sep 2017, 23:47 PM

done! feel free to delete the post thanks.
15 Sep 2017, 00:14 AM

Great!

Out of curiosity, were you asking about where to put certain resources points, (Standard, fuel, muni, or VP) or were you curious about laying out all the territory sectors on the map? (Cap circles, cutoffs, etc)?
15 Sep 2017, 00:30 AM

I was not sure how I should layout my territory and was having a blank and could not come up with shit!

how do you come up with territory? if you make maps that is.
15 Sep 2017, 01:11 AM

Typically I create a really basic symmetrical sketch. And I do mean basic. Note the top and bottom squares aren't necessarily base sectors.

I'll use something like that to form a baseline idea of where I place resource and VP points and draw territory sectors.

Then in worldbuilder I usually overlay different tilesets to draw where I'm placing key components of gameplay: impassable areas, shot blockers, sight blockers, cover, etc. I do my best to maintain the symmetry in this stage.

At this point I begin the artistic stage and start painting over everything and replacing placeholders with appropriate objects and such.

This way I can, say, make a fruit orchard on one side of a map and a marketplace on the other but retain a relatively balanced map with similar sight blockers, bits of yellow cover, and so on.

Some of my earlier maps I would spend a whole lot of time making interesting terrains, especially with the CoH1 worldbuilder and it's sweet sweet varied territory points. But CoH2 doesn't handle terrain height very well and it totally lacks options for different resource points.

This is why I created the mod in my signature so that I could seek refuge in properly designed maps.
15 Sep 2017, 13:19 PM

This is why I created the mod in my signature so that I could seek refuge in properly designed maps.

yo man thanks for your insight! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS