Login

russian armor

[1v1] Soviets vs. OKW Lost Glider

8 Sep 2017, 19:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey, just looking for some feedback here. I thought my early game was very rickety in that I got outplayed and let the OKW player get the house.

What should I have done differently (capping, build order).

If you'd like to watch the rest of the game, feel free. I let one squad die in the mid game cuz I forgot about it (almost happened a couple other times, too). Overall I thought my micro was pretty solid, though. I thought I was going to get rekt because he's rank 150 something but I guess I was wrong.
9 Sep 2017, 15:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What you should do is veto this map, because OKW dominates on it. I'll give you a real review later today, stay tuned.
11 Sep 2017, 18:31 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2017, 15:43 PMTobis
What you should do is veto this map, because OKW dominates on it. I'll give you a real review later today, stay tuned.

Thanks, Tobis! (I ended up winning somehow)
16 Sep 2017, 17:37 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2017, 15:43 PMTobis

Today is relative i guess :P
16 Sep 2017, 18:53 PM

Today is relative i guess :P

Apparently time flies differently in the USA :p
16 Sep 2017, 21:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I obviously meant 365 days from posting, when the Earth is at the same spot in its orbit.

17 Sep 2017, 04:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

snip

Let me get it out of the way and say I think this is a terrible map, and it especially favors OKW. That doesn't make it impossible to win though.

You were way too passive and spread out in the early game. You started with 2 engis into cons, into m3. None of those units can reliably hold off OKW. Either go 1 engi, 1 con, into penals, or the better option of double engi, penal, m3. Cons just aren't good enough to spend your starting manpower on, especially in this map where it's super likely to run into sturmpios at point blank range. Spreading out to cap was also a bad idea, once you saw he was going for your cutoff you should have moved everything to take it back. There is no reason to cap if you are completely cut off.

The m3 play was also too passive. He has no fausts until he builds the truck, beat him up with it. Get in close and punish him. Repair, and keep your infantry on the field. You were trading evenly with him, but he had your cutoff so you weren't gaining anything. Play more aggressive once you've beaten him backand secured the cutoff. That con squad wandering around the map with only 3 men backcapping should have been protecting your cutoff, that is your priority. Having lost the cutoff for that long would usually mean a gg against a better opponent. The only reason you had a comeback is the other guy was floating 800-1k manpower for the rest of the game... for some reason.

Quick Tips:
- Don't upgrade the tank hunter kit on your vet 3 penals, it's a waste. Pick a virgin squad.
- You made a lot of mines, but no demos. Put demos on the far vps where he wasn't sweeping and you could have got some easy wipes.
- Don't spread out so much in the early game, especially against OKW on this map when he's pushing the cutoff.
- Su76 was very late, you didn't need it. Could have waited another minute and got a sherman.
- Get pintle mgs on the shermans, it's really good.
17 Sep 2017, 18:42 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 04:43 AMTobis

helpful words

Thanks, Tobis! I only have fifty or sixty Soviet 1v1s so I'm not super experienced.

I think it's funny how the new ladder system works. On paper I must be super good (top 200 is so great!!!!!) but because of the 4 week expiration of ranks the skill level seems to go down (until, I dunno, top 50? top 20?).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★