Login

russian armor

the Fall Balance Preview has been put on hold indefinitely.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
18 Sep 2017, 19:34 PM

Any news about this little bugger ? :huh:
18 Sep 2017, 19:50 PM

Any news about this little bugger ? :huh:

I'm sure there will be quite a bit of activity surrounding any further information that I don't think anyone needs to ask.

Personally I've found it a little refreshing that people are actually utilizing the State Office and talking about gameplay since the announcement.
18 Sep 2017, 19:52 PM

New Patch Never.
But the meta isn't as bad as I thought before, though OKW, Brits and Lend Lease remain awful, the Wehr vs USF match is as fun as ever.
18 Sep 2017, 19:58 PM

Personally I've found it a little refreshing that people are actually utilizing the State Office and talking about gameplay since the announcement.

+1

I´m happy that State Office is in its Reinessance Era :)
29 Sep 2017, 05:11 AM
Patrion 310

Balance patch news from Relic;
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434170467/announcements/detail/2468393305982406313

fralex_RE 19. sep
@Bartas: three skin sets (a set covering all the vehicles in a given faction). So dozens of skins per set, and even more so per bundles since both of them offer three sets.

@Kell: we haven't forgotten about the other kind of content :) We still strive to work on quarterly updates with fixes, balance patches, new community maps etc.

Kell 19. sep
@FrAlex_RE:
Businesslike answer, ok, but fact is: here we wait for content news or patch news.
Charity at its best is public relation? Sure we all want to help nature and donating isn't the worse on earth, but it would be much more successful when you motivate people with content not just with skins again...
Here is a much stronger player base than at DOW3 for example and after months of waiting we get a skinpack offered... some are frustrated like the whales!

As usual, Relic fails to communicate. Bad timing and IMO not much about this charity content update make much sense. Not even from a PR perspective.

Relic and Japanese love whales? Really? That's big news.

FACTs;
1) Relic/SEGA is owned by a Japanese company called Sega Sammy Holdings. The majority shareholder (Hajime Satomi) is among one of the richest Japanese leaders. The CEO of SEGA (Haruki Satomi) is the grandchild of Hajime Satomi. So SEGA is most definitely run by Japanese "overlords".

So why is this Japanese leadership important when it comes to whale/dolphin charity?

Just by using google search and there is like a mountain of evidence showing Japanese killing thousands of whales/dolphins in the name of "science" (poor excuse).
Japanese leaders, in general, have very little respect for whale/dolphins, let alone charity to protect them. This is like trying to tell an oil salesman to please stop selling oil because it's bad for the environment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313104/
Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.

In Killing Whales and Dolphins, Japan Is Hurting Itself
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-j-palmer/in-killing-whales-and-dol_b_5501392.html

Japan kills more than 300 whales in annual Antarctic hunt
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/31/japan-kills-whales-annual-antarctic-hunt
29 Sep 2017, 13:31 PM

+1

I´m happy that State Office is in its Reinessance Era :)

That's true. It's freeing in a way to only focus on how the players can improve as opposed to balance for the most part.
30 Sep 2017, 04:45 AM

Personally wasn't so happy on the changes myself. There are a few things IMO that needs changing so i was dumbfounded on how big the patch was.

Secondly, relics 5 year plan was a joke, to me it should have been a 2-3 years, don't look at it as them supporting the game for 5 years, look at it as it takes them 5 years to finish the job because that's what it is really.

Hence why every time a new commander came out it was OP as fuck with little to no signs of previous balancing before release. The British expansion alone was IMO the most obvious sign that relics staff had no idea what to do and should have been fired.

My final thought is this is probably a good thing. If there is a coh3, maybe instead of rushing the game with a shitty engine, terrible coding, terrible optimization like coh2 is, we could get something more polished that doesn't take 3 months after release to become playable. Maybe they will hire people who have an ounce of an idea on what they are doing. And not have invincible forcfields, or password protected trenches.

+1 Couldn't have said it any better.
Vaz
30 Sep 2017, 06:01 AM

Oh yea, the Japanese whale killings. Now it makes sense. They REALLY REALLY want those whale bodies bad. They are like druggies in how bad they want those whales. The best charity whales can get right now is for Japan to stop their whaling. Whales don't need money. We don't need whale skins on our tanks. We need better balance.
1 Oct 2017, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2017, 06:01 AMVaz
Oh yea, the Japanese whale killings. Now it makes sense. They REALLY REALLY want those whale bodies bad. They are like druggies in how bad they want those whales. The best charity whales can get right now is for Japan to stop their whaling. Whales don't need money. We don't need whale skins on our tanks. We need better balance.

It's simple, give wales currency, they use money to help stimulate the ocean economy by helping small ocean business grow, small ocean business hire more wales, the wales eventually start purchasing realistate above ocean levels, then they open a wale relic building. Hiring more wales to do the coding and balancing for coh3. This is probably the smartest investment iv seen in years. Why didn't I think of it myself. I knew all those quarters I would throw into a fountain eventually made it to the ocean therefore making a better video game.

Oh lets not forget the wales hire dolphins to do the logistics such as package and delivering, meanwhile the rinos are stuck cleaning shit out of clogged toilets and warming up coffee pots and taking out the trash.
1 Oct 2017, 23:46 PM

Balance patch news from Relic;
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791434170467/announcements/detail/2468393305982406313

As usual, Relic fails to communicate. Bad timing and IMO not much about this charity content update make much sense. Not even from a PR perspective.

Relic and Japanese love whales? Really? That's big news.

FACTs;
1) Relic/SEGA is owned by a Japanese company called Sega Sammy Holdings. The majority shareholder (Hajime Satomi) is among one of the richest Japanese leaders. The CEO of SEGA (Haruki Satomi) is the grandchild of Hajime Satomi. So SEGA is most definitely run by Japanese "overlords".

So why is this Japanese leadership important when it comes to whale/dolphin charity?

Just by using google search and there is like a mountain of evidence showing Japanese killing thousands of whales/dolphins in the name of "science" (poor excuse).
Japanese leaders, in general, have very little respect for whale/dolphins, let alone charity to protect them. This is like trying to tell an oil salesman to please stop selling oil because it's bad for the environment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313104/

In Killing Whales and Dolphins, Japan Is Hurting Itself
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-j-palmer/in-killing-whales-and-dol_b_5501392.html

Japan kills more than 300 whales in annual Antarctic hunt
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/31/japan-kills-whales-annual-antarctic-hunt

You're a disgace to this community. Don't start blaming Japanese people for Relics constant screwups.
Vaz
2 Oct 2017, 04:53 AM

That south park clip was hilarious
2 Oct 2017, 05:50 AM

You're a disgace to this community. Don't start blaming Japanese people for Relics constant screwups.

Someone got triggered by facts...
2 Oct 2017, 19:15 PM

Your logic:

Relic no longer supports this game.

Dolphins. Oh yeah, Relic is owned by SEGA, A Japanese company.

THEREFORE Japanese are ruining CoH2.

Blame Japanese.

That's how retarded you idiots are lol.
2 Oct 2017, 19:33 PM

Your logic:

Relic no longer supports this game.

Dolphins. Oh yeah, Relic is owned by SEGA, A Japanese company.

THEREFORE Japanese are ruining CoH2.

Blame Japanese.

That's how retarded you idiots are lol.

It's not like SEGA OWNS Relic, and Sega decided to cut Coh2 support ?

Yes, japanese businessmen killed this game, worst thing ever happened to humanity after anime (still japs).

Also...monsters, leave dolphins and whales alone. :foreveralone:
2 Oct 2017, 22:42 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

You do understand... that SEGA owned Relic during the official launch of the game and by your logic that means they "supported" through everything outside development correct?

Blaming the Japanese for "stopping support" of the game is about as retarded as it gets honestly.
3 Oct 2017, 14:44 PM

More diversity in WW2 games?
Do any CoH fans want to play something with more "diversity"?
Go play an African game. Go play an Asian game etc. Anyone with logical sense and non-SJW mindset should know the WW2 western front, were mostly a white man's war so that is where Relic's CoH focus should be and fairly historically accurate. Sure there were minority groups that supported the western front but that's not going to sell many games. Even if it's bad marketing, SJWs just want more diversity in WW2 games and movies like CoH/Call of Duty WW2/Dunkirk etc..

Why do you presume to speak for everyone? I'd like a China versus Japan CoH. I think it'd be cool. You have presented zero evidence backing your assertion that Coh2 fans want a "white man's war."

Regarding the Western Front, the way I look at it, it is simple:

Were there black soldiers fighting on the western front in significant numbers? If the answer is yes, which it is, then they should be in the game. Any other opinion is based on race politics, not on history. You pretend otherwise but you indulge identity politics as much as any "SJW."

Shogun 2, Fall of the Samurai were major successes, and were RTS war games based entirely in an Asian country. Clearly, RTS fans won't be triggered if there are people on the screen who aren't white.
3 Oct 2017, 15:06 PM

Why do you presume to speak for everyone? I'd like a China versus Japan CoH. I think it'd be cool. You have presented zero evidence backing your assertion that Coh2 fans want a "white man's war."

Regarding the Western Front, the way I look at it, it is simple:

Were there black soldiers fighting on the western front in significant numbers? If the answer is yes, which it is, then they should be in the game. Any other opinion is based on race politics, not on history. You pretend otherwise but you indulge identity politics as much as any "SJW."

Shogun 2, Fall of the Samurai were major successes, and were RTS war games based entirely in an Asian country. Clearly, RTS fans won't be triggered if there are people on the screen who aren't white.

China vs Japan would be boring as fuck, with tankettes at best and infantry combat.
Why not a coh prehistoric one at this point ?

And no, not at all, 125.000 african american served in us army/navy/airforce, stop.
Barely a notable percentage of fielded manpower.

You also may want to know that tons of rts are set in the pacific, but the setting will NEVER fit coh gameplay based on industrial powers race to arm through tiers.
There is nothing among japan equipment that resemble a tier 4, or even 3.

Italian setting can be barely made viable due to tank destroyers/howietzer compensating lack of powerful tanks..japan milotary was entirely focused on the navy, which is not coh focus.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS