Login

russian armor

the Fall Balance Preview has been put on hold indefinitely.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
24 Aug 2017, 07:01 AM
Donator 11

Never buying AoE4 and i will talk shit about that game to everyone i know.
24 Aug 2017, 07:10 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 07:01 AMspajn

This is what I did for DOW3 in chinese player community, RIP.
24 Aug 2017, 07:19 AM

Wow, most of you guys behave like little children in this thread, wtf is wrong with you?
If I read stuff like this

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 07:01 AMspajn

I imagine someone like this

now crying in his mom's basement into his Obersoldaten Waifu pillow because it is sooo unfair.

Get yourself together, if somebody told me some years ago that AoE4 will come, I would have cried tears of joy. I'll be so unashamed and quote myself from another post I wrote some minutes before.

I think you guys miss the fact that CoH2 is 4 years old now. And since the release of the Brits, there was no real income this game created. Sure, you can buy commanders and skins with real money, but I honestly don't think that there is much left to get.

The game itself is in a pretty nice state now, sure it is maybe a bit rough to let go of FBP so abruptly but keep in mind that Relic also has to make money. There were a lot of cuts before and after DoW3 because it flopped so badly so I think it is in terms of management the right decision to let go of a game that is so old. Other companies like Ubisoft and Activision don't support their games for more than half a year, we can be glad.

Otherwise it is not fair to say that AoE4 will suck because there is also Microsoft behind it which knows that the Age of Empires franchise is one of the most precious gaming franchises in existence (everyone somehow got in contact with AoE2).

And who says that AoE4 won't be what many of us hope in terms of CoH3?

24 Aug 2017, 07:24 AM
Donator 11

Wow, most of you guys behave like little children in this thread, wtf is wrong with you?
If I read stuff like this

I imagine someone like this

now crying in his mom's basement into his Obersoldaten Waifu pillow because it is sooo unfair.

Get yourself together, if somebody told me some years ago that AoE4 will come, I would have cried tears of joy. I'll be so unashamed and quote myself from another post I wrote some minutes before.

They say they have 5 years plan. So they broke it.

Anyone can trash talk about a guy who lie to you.

specially you pay that guy because that 5 year promise.
24 Aug 2017, 07:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge

This is not "insider info" but it's probably just because they don't want to take the risk of releasing an update which may then break a bunch of stuff and create new bugs which need fixing (using up Relic staff time.) The March patch broke Ardennes Assault and created some new bugs which then needed another patch to fix.

Working under Microsoft, they probably can't spare the staff if that was to happen. Though, the timing of it is kinda strange. 1-2 days immediately after the AOE4 announcement. You'd think for PR sake they would have bailed on the FBP some time ago, especially before the announcement.

As someone else pointed out, 4 years is a pretty good time to have been supporting Coh2 but it's frustrating pulling the plug on something (the FBP) with so much work put into it and great changes, when Coh2 is close to being in a much better state. It's also frustrating that our mod tools are so limited, so we can't do as much cool things like the guys over at Dawn of War 2 Elite.

The 1v1 scene will rapidly die I suspect, but 4v4's will live on for quite some time. I wish we at least got a really solid patch or two aimed at improving the larger team games.
24 Aug 2017, 07:38 AM
Donator 11

This is not "insider info" but it's probably just because they don't want to take the risk of releasing an update which may then break a bunch of stuff and create new bugs which need fixing (using up Relic staff time.) The March patch broke Ardennes Assault and created some new bugs which then needed another patch to fix.

Working under Microsoft, they probably can't spare the staff if that was to happen. Though, the timing of it is kinda strange. 1-2 days immediately after the AOE4 announcement. You'd think for PR sake they would have bailed on the FBP some time ago, especially before the announcement.

As someone else pointed out, 4 years is a pretty good time to have been supporting Coh2 but it's frustrating pulling the plug on something (the FBP) with so much work put into it and great changes, when Coh2 is close to being in a much better state. It's also frustrating that our mod tools are so limited, so we can't do as much cool things like the guys over at Dawn of War 2 Elite.

The 1v1 scene will rapidly die I suspect, but 4v4's will live on for quite some time. I wish we at least got a really solid patch or two aimed at improving the larger team games.

over all is RELIC's fault.

But I realy do like they buffed jackson.

Is a shame they pull it out.
24 Aug 2017, 08:06 AM

I think you guys miss the fact that CoH2 is 4 years old now. And since the release of the Brits, there was no real income this game created. Sure, you can buy commanders and skins with real money, but I honestly don't think that there is much left to get.

The game itself is in a pretty nice state now, sure it is maybe a bit rough to let go of FBP so abruptly but keep in mind that Relic also has to make money. There were a lot of cuts before and after DoW3 because it flopped so badly so I think it is in terms of management the right decision to let go of a game that is so old. Other companies like Ubisoft and Activision don't support their games for more than half a year, we can be glad.

Otherwise it is not fair to say that AoE4 will suck because there is also Microsoft behind it which knows that the Age of Empires franchise is one of the most precious gaming franchises in existence (everyone somehow got in contact with AoE2).

And who says that AoE4 won't be what many of us hope in terms of CoH3?

then explain me please why this game looks, feels, sounds and plays better than anything we have today or we have had in the past 10 years?
24 Aug 2017, 08:14 AM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 01:31 AMBudwise
I should quote myself in one of the previous balance patch threads where I said "You are at the tail end of the lifespan and should be fine tuning now, not making monstrous changes or else you may get caught at EOL with a half baked solution."

And here we are. RIP COH2, or the COH franchise imo. I don't see myself supporting Relic games ever again.

We should create PUBG.org now :D

I was thinking of buying pugb already, it seems like im gonna have to now ^^
24 Aug 2017, 08:24 AM

I wasnn't very keen on having a StuG nerf + Jackson buff anyways. In my honest opinion th fbp would have made Coh2 worse.

Yet the current version is also not good. With dual mortar cancer pit every 2v2 game a Brit is involved. That's the only thing that might have been fixed.

Knowing now that we are going to be stuck with shit Ostheer T4 and the cancer pit issue will seriously reduce my time spent on Coh2 (sounding edgy here but that will be the case).
24 Aug 2017, 09:22 AM

24 Aug 2017, 09:37 AM

Since the FBP has been put on hold I propose to not stop working on the balance patch. I propose taking things one step further. Because its obvious that relic wants to abandon coh2 forever I propose to work on the next patch as if it was to be final and last. I know that relic didnt specify whether another patch is coming but they also didnt say it wont. So I think its best for the coh2 community to prepare one last balance patch.
24 Aug 2017, 09:43 AM

So... anybody knows a good hacker who could gain access to Lelic servers and upload the patch into the game? :D

But seriously: Maybe they noticed that it would create another ridiculous bug (of the "combined arms" or "jet engine equipped Leig" proportions) so they for once decided to use a common sense and not implement it.
Of course thats just a speculation+ it doesnt change anything on the fact that they are bloody di%ckheads, since they were supposed to be actively making improvements until the summer of 2018 (a.k.a. five year plan)
24 Aug 2017, 09:44 AM
Donator 11

I was thinking of buying pugb already, it seems like im gonna have to now ^^

do it, its absolutely worth the money

Iam honestly not that sad that this patch didnt come through, because im pretty sure it would wave changed balance in 2v2 for the worse, especially because you could not target some stuff due to scope

And i'm not reaally looking forward to AoE4, Relics balance approach (instead of nerfing clearly overtuned stuff and buffing undertuned units every two weeks or so, wait for adjustment, repeat, they try to do everything in one patch, make massive changes and fail) and their communication has not been what i want from a good company. Look at the gwent reddit and how often CDPR responds, THAT is good communication!
24 Aug 2017, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 09:22 AMFrost
xD

Same

24 Aug 2017, 14:03 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 01:31 AMBudwise
I should quote myself in one of the previous balance patch threads where I said "You are at the tail end of the lifespan and should be fine tuning now, not making monstrous changes or else you may get caught at EOL with a half baked solution."

And here we are. RIP COH2, or the COH franchise imo. I don't see myself supporting Relic games ever again.

We should create PUBG.org now :D

Be a bit more ambitious and find yourself a quote from 1.5 years ago, I'm sure there will be plenty :p
24 Aug 2017, 14:12 PM

It's not like the 2v2 map contest and tourney was cancelled.

And "on hold" isn't the worst term either.
24 Aug 2017, 14:19 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Since the FBP has been put on hold I propose to not stop working on the balance patch. I propose taking things one step further. Because its obvious that relic wants to abandon coh2 forever I propose to work on the next patch as if it was to be final and last. I know that relic didnt specify whether another patch is coming but they also didnt say it wont. So I think its best for the coh2 community to prepare one last balance patch.

I would not bet, that there will be an unit Balance patch for coh2 in the future.

There will be some Update/ patches coming this year. But focused on other things. Not ingame Units!
24 Aug 2017, 14:21 PM

Thank god.
24 Aug 2017, 14:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

WHAT THE FUCK RELIC.

It's not even in a great state right now because of the dumb-ass scope restrictions, which were under the impression that they could be fixed later down the line. Ridiculous.
24 Aug 2017, 15:02 PM

Personally wasn't so happy on the changes myself. There are a few things IMO that needs changing so i was dumbfounded on how big the patch was.

Secondly, relics 5 year plan was a joke, to me it should have been a 2-3 years, don't look at it as them supporting the game for 5 years, look at it as it takes them 5 years to finish the job because that's what it is really.

Hence why every time a new commander came out it was OP as fuck with little to no signs of previous balancing before release. The British expansion alone was IMO the most obvious sign that relics staff had no idea what to do and should have been fired.

My final thought is this is probably a good thing. If there is a coh3, maybe instead of rushing the game with a shitty engine, terrible coding, terrible optimization like coh2 is, we could get something more polished that doesn't take 3 months after release to become playable. Maybe they will hire people who have an ounce of an idea on what they are doing. And not have invincible forcfields, or password protected trenches.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 36
Germany 10
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W