Login

russian armor

the Fall Balance Preview has been put on hold indefinitely.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
24 Aug 2017, 15:10 PM

Personally wasn't so happy on the changes myself.

Hail OKW supremacy right? ;]
24 Aug 2017, 15:16 PM

More of an OH player so try that sentence again but with OH
24 Aug 2017, 17:02 PM
Donator 11

Wow, most of you guys behave like little children in this thread, wtf is wrong with you?
If I read stuff like this

I imagine someone like this

now crying in his mom's basement into his Obersoldaten Waifu pillow because it is sooo unfair.

Get yourself together, if somebody told me some years ago that AoE4 will come, I would have cried tears of joy. I'll be so unashamed and quote myself from another post I wrote some minutes before.

You are the definition of a fanboy. Cry of joy for a video game? Grow up.

I will talk shit about AoE4 because relic are greedy and fucking over their playerbase who took the time to make a patch for them and they won't even bother QA and deploy it. Not to mentioned they promised us 5 years of robust support for Company of Heroes 2 because it was supposed to be a "service". We got 4 years if we count last years of community support as Relic support lol.
24 Aug 2017, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 17:02 PMspajn

You are the definition of a fanboy. Cry of joy for a video game? Grow up.

I will talk shit about AoE4 because relic are greedy and fucking over their playerbase who took the time to make a patch for them and they won't even bother QA and deploy it. Not to mentioned they promised us 5 years of robust support for Company of Heroes 2 because it was supposed to be a "service". We got 4 years if we count last years of community support as Relic support lol.

Gasp, the world of business said one thing but another thing happened!

I am not surprised in the least by all this. But if the 2v2 map contest is still proceeding, then relic is still on that 5 year plan. Developing a patch that will require months and months of ongoing support by people outside Relics payroll and control may not be the best use of resources at the moment for them.

On hold ain't cancelled. It isn't great but the sky isn't falling either.

But hey maybe this will give people time to understand what meta game is before thinking about balance issues.

I think these last few patches kept people from trying or testing strategies because there was a chance they could have an entire new strategy directly developed for them.
24 Aug 2017, 18:40 PM
Patrion 14

Extremely disappointed.

Team games have been the lifeblood of CoH2 and the most played mode, period. Finally we get a dedicated balance patch specifically to address this mode, and inject at least 1 more year of vigor into the game's playerbase... and what happens? Relic pulls the plug on it.

Holy shit, Relic appears literally allergic to making money in the long run.

I get it, CoH2 has been milked for everything it's got, and assigning people to the patch would be money down the drain (ostensibly). But there is large non-immediate gain in having a faithful and dedicated community, while Relic is doing their best to shoot themselves in the foot and alienate said community.

(Let's not even mention the fact the mod is being made by community volunteers, thus reducing Relic's workflow to QA only.)
24 Aug 2017, 19:39 PM

Tbh the FBP would have nerfed Ostheer out of the game. The same applies for the heavy TDs. The Elefant and Jagdtiger nerfs would have made those units fill no role at all.

A handful of community members pushing their agenda on the game wasn't a good thing.
24 Aug 2017, 19:41 PM
Donator 11

Gasp, the world of business said one thing but another thing happened!

I am not surprised in the least by all this. But if the 2v2 map contest is still proceeding, then relic is still on that 5 year plan. Developing a patch that will require months and months of ongoing support by people outside Relics payroll and control may not be the best use of resources at the moment for them.

On hold ain't cancelled. It isn't great but the sky isn't falling either.

But hey maybe this will give people time to understand what meta game is before thinking about balance issues.

I think these last few patches kept people from trying or testing strategies because there was a chance they could have an entire new strategy directly developed for them.

Community support is not RELIC support.

They ask modder or mapper do free job for them is no batter then you slave someone on the slave factory.

But at least those slave got pay.

First they bitching canada law cant alow them to hire people out of canada.

then I think some modder is Canadian but they still dont pay.

LOL. What a company is this.
24 Aug 2017, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

This is not "insider info" but it's probably just because they don't want to take the risk of releasing an update which may then break a bunch of stuff and create new bugs which need fixing (using up Relic staff time.) The March patch broke Ardennes Assault and created some new bugs which then needed another patch to fix.

Working under Microsoft, they probably can't spare the staff if that was to happen. Though, the timing of it is kinda strange. 1-2 days immediately after the AOE4 announcement. You'd think for PR sake they would have bailed on the FBP some time ago, especially before the announcement.

As someone else pointed out, 4 years is a pretty good time to have been supporting Coh2 but it's frustrating pulling the plug on something (the FBP) with so much work put into it and great changes, when Coh2 is close to being in a much better state. It's also frustrating that our mod tools are so limited, so we can't do as much cool things like the guys over at Dawn of War 2 Elite.

The 1v1 scene will rapidly die I suspect, but 4v4's will live on for quite some time. I wish we at least got a really solid patch or two aimed at improving the larger team games.

new bugs which need fixing (using up Relic staff time.)

So they ask modder or mapper do free job for them.
24 Aug 2017, 19:46 PM

Go on, enlighten us with your knowledge of Canadian Law, slaving and "free" jobs.
24 Aug 2017, 20:05 PM
Donator 33

lol

I blame /u/le-click

You could've found and upvoted my vitriol in in this thread, sharing my honest opinion on Relic.
24 Aug 2017, 21:42 PM

then explain me please why this game looks, feels, sounds and plays better than anything we have today or we have had in the past 10 years?

Cuz it's the only game you play maybe? lol
25 Aug 2017, 06:20 AM

The 1v1 scene will rapidly die I suspect, but 4v4's will live on for quite some time. I wish we at least got a really solid patch or two aimed at improving the larger team games.

Not sure how much longer though. The FBP was really going to hopefully shake up some things in 4v4 which feels so cheesy as Allies.

Your options are basically just

a. Rocket arty spam to bleed them out, especially Battlegroup camping. Protect the arty units with your life.

b. Play Advancer Cancer commander, enjoy very intense ultra-high apm play. Watch as your opponents pour resources into mass indirect fire, then you roll over them with multiple Comets and one of the best offmaps in the game to delete any pesky LefHs.
25 Aug 2017, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2017, 19:39 PMButcher
A handful of community members pushing their agenda on the game wasn't a good thing.

This, but then again Relic won't let just anybody balance their lives game. The people that did were just the most popular, that's all. I myself think that a couple of other guys could have done a better job in terms of team balance.
25 Aug 2017, 07:15 AM

Aww man, #RIPMaxim2017
25 Aug 2017, 07:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I myself think that a couple of other guys could have done a better job in terms of team balance.

Please do explain how one is to become a better balancer when Scope is involved.
25 Aug 2017, 07:36 AM

Come on guys, let's not over-react here. I for one, still enjoy the game a lot.

Sure it is a bummer that they indefinitely put the fbp on hold, but the game is in my opinion not that badly balanced. Sure, team games are arty/heavy vehicle/masspits fests, but 4v4 was never going to be perfectly balanced anyways.

I am yet to find another strategy game that gave me this much fun. I played SC2 quite a bit, was platinum level (sure not a pro, but not that bad either). But Coh 2 is just more fun (focuses more on positioning, flanking and combined arms) and not quite as micro intensive as SC2.

Anyways, maybe they will still implement the patch sometime next year, we can hope.
25 Aug 2017, 07:47 AM

Please do explain how one is to become a better balancer when Scope is involved.

How can you dare questioning his Thorough insight of the game and faultless overview of Balance after the unbelievable experience of having played 12 games in total since his initiate registration 2015
25 Aug 2017, 09:13 AM

top kek
25 Aug 2017, 09:51 AM

Nobody said anything about you so I don't see why you should be offended.

But I do think that a couple of things that were in this balance patch's scope could have been done differently.
25 Aug 2017, 14:14 PM
Patrion 26

The community have provided a lot of the maps for the game, a vast amount of skins (which Relic have financially benefited from a lot for almost no work on their end), and set up their own tournaments for years.

Given all that time and effort the community have put into the game, to keep it alive and relevant. I think the least Relic can do is let the community know what their plans are for the future of the game.

Will they be releasing any more patches, and if so what exactly will they be for?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 92
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak