Login

russian armor

stone, paper, scissor, tank

21 Aug 2017, 13:40 PM

Why are tanks so good vs AT gun?

Should´nt it be in this way: tanks have no change against at guns?

in a static 1v1 fight AT gun vs tank..the AT gun have no chance cause of circling by the tanks (except the slow ones like jagdtiger, elefant etc)

Should´nt you need infantery/ support weapons against them?
21 Aug 2017, 14:17 PM

AT guns are finishers against tanks, no 1 man army counter as they are way cheaper.
An AT gun deals consistent high damage with (usually) good penetration. The AT gun simply is not mobile.

Why are tanks so good vs AT gun?
Should´nt you need infantery/ support weapons against them?

Shouldn't you need a inf squad nearby to snare the vehicle? An AT gun is a SUPPORT WEAPON, that means it is SUPPORTING other units. A tank with an engine damage is defenseless against an AT gun that faces it.

21 Aug 2017, 14:36 PM

AT guns are finishers against tanks, no 1 man army counter as they are way cheaper.
An AT gun deals consistent high damage with (usually) good penetration. The AT gun simply is not mobile.

Shouldn't you need a inf squad nearby to snare the vehicle? An AT gun is a SUPPORT WEAPON, that means it is SUPPORTING other units. A tank with an engine damage is defenseless against an AT gun that faces it.

I wouldn't explain it better ;)
21 Aug 2017, 14:46 PM

Only exception would be the raketenwerfer. Too many times i saw the direct oneshoot after firing out of stealth.
I really really hate this unit
21 Aug 2017, 15:12 PM

Only exception would be the raketenwerfer. Too many times i saw the direct oneshoot after firing out of stealth.

raketen is a very effective unit, one of the best at guns if used properly
21 Aug 2017, 15:35 PM

Bingo. You couldn't be mad if two squads of infantry flanked a lone machinegun now could you?
21 Aug 2017, 16:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's my favorite AT-gun right now, and it's very OP with vet. Your mistake is using only one. They are so cheap you can afford to use them in pairs. Once they hit vet1 they zoom around the map in cloak and you can send them hunting. It only takes 4 hits to kill most mediums, so if you sneak up double raketen you can annihilate tanks before the enemy has time to react.

You just need to be very careful with them at the start and baby them. Preserve veterancy. Get off a shot or two and retreat the raketen before it gets wiped. The veterancy is worth more than the risk. The other player probably will pull back with his damaged tank. Wait until you have the perfect ambush before you really let the raketens out.
21 Aug 2017, 18:08 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Infantry sections crying in corner :*(
21 Aug 2017, 18:16 PM

Axis AT is amazing.
Allied AT is terrible.

But the problem stems from noobs not building AT in the first place. Especially in team games where people think zooks and piat spam will win the games.

I personally think the AT guns could use some MP reduction on the Allies side but that's about it.
21 Aug 2017, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2017, 18:16 PMvarunax
Axis AT is amazing.
Allied AT is terrible.

But the problem stems from noobs not building AT in the first place. Especially in team games where people think zooks and piat spam will win the games.

I personally think the AT guns could use some MP reduction on the Allies side but that's about it.

The Brit AT isnt bad at all. Practicaly mirror of the PaK, minus the cheesy stun shot (which i cant believe is still in the game)
21 Aug 2017, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2017, 16:57 PMTobis

It's my favorite AT-gun right now, and it's very OP with vet. Your mistake is using only one. They are so cheap you can afford to use them in pairs. Once they hit vet1 they zoom around the map in cloak and you can send them hunting. It only takes 4 hits to kill most mediums, so if you sneak up double raketen you can annihilate tanks before the enemy has time to react.

You just need to be very careful with them at the start and baby them. Preserve veterancy. Get off a shot or two and retreat the raketen before it gets wiped. The veterancy is worth more than the risk. The other player probably will pull back with his damaged tank. Wait until you have the perfect ambush before you really let the raketens out.

Yeah it's really the fact that you can have multiple striking out of camo is what makes Raks so ridiculous. Tank goes to under half health in just one volley out of nowhere and if they don't react right away they can easily lose it to the second volley.

This isn't abusable with the doctrinal ZiS camo because the camo make you move incredibly slowly, so any infantry come nearby your ATG is basically doomed. Whereas Raks you just hit retreat anytime you think they will be uncovered. It's a world of difference.
21 Aug 2017, 21:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invised 4 posts. Contradict each other without impoliteness, please.
21 Aug 2017, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2017, 16:57 PMTobis

Yep. It also has like a 3-4 second reload at vet and extra damage or pen or both out of camo with vet. I think too many people play with at guns like they're invincible to tanks, which really hits the rak the hardest, but in reality your raks shouldn't be getting shot at by tanks anyway if you're playing right. It's like sticking one mg by itself in front of a blob and expecting it to win.

The Brit AT isnt bad at all. Practicaly mirror of the PaK, minus the cheesy stun shot (which i cant believe is still in the game)

The Brit at gun also basically has sprint at vet1, which is underrated IMO.
Infantry sections crying in corner :*(

Lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %