Login

russian armor

ISG

22 Aug 2017, 14:46 PM

It also has less scatter than the ostheer mortar and brit mortar pit.

Did some screwing around in cheatmode and even though you're right and frontal hits don't pen that reliably, they still often do (it has something like a 45-48% chance to frontally pen a sherman right?) a lot of shots inflict their splash damage on it and some will hit the rear, especially when they get fired at an extremely high angle for whatever reason. In effect, they will deal more damage to tanks than the penetration values suggest. Not that this is empirical testing in any way, and not that this makes leigs stunningly OP, but it happens. They also actually hit vehicles a lot more than the ost mortar it seems.

The very scientific replay.

This reminds me a lot about how people were complaining about OKW veterancy making them op, then a while later everyone realized veterancy is not even working at all.

Yes, the ISG can damage tanks through penetration. It does, however, not have any deflection damage. Meaning it has to penetrate, unlike all other mortars who will do their damage regardless of penetration or not.

In any case, the Leig as an artillery piece is not even close to being good.
22 Aug 2017, 17:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Hahaha just rush then with the robos. Or 2 shots with you mortar.
22 Aug 2017, 19:47 PM

Because they are not. They only do more damage. But in terms of suppression, the Vickers is far inferior to the MG42.

True, though suppression AOE scales with squad size nicely. Each does the job the faction that has it needs. Ostheer needs to suppress the large allied squads. Brits need to ensure no enemy squad can close on a position without losing models.

I'd love a vickers versus brits and I'd love an mg42 in any situation that isn't against 4 man squads.
22 Aug 2017, 20:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2017, 14:46 PMDomine
This reminds me a lot about how people were complaining about OKW veterancy making them op, then a while later everyone realized veterancy is not even working at all.

Veterancy was working for MOST of the time. It also was PARTIALLY not working, which if IRC, it was defensive buff working but not offensive ones, with perception of the problem offset by the nature of upgrade weapons increasing DPS and the whole overall lethality increasing as the game progresses. They later screwed defensive buffs as well when they tried to fix it although.

True, though suppression AOE scales with squad size nicely.

I would love for it to scale based on number of squads, not number of models, cause this only makes the weapon having a different performance whether it's fighting UKF, USF or SU which are mostly 4/5/6 models based squads.
23 Aug 2017, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2017, 11:26 AMMatson
ISG never squad wipes like other mortars and cost you 9POP. I always feel like OKW have very little indirect fire which is whole another subject. I would like to give everyone almost same mortar like MG. No one is bitching that vickers are stronger then MG42.
What about the OP never miss walking stuka ?
23 Aug 2017, 15:14 PM

Oh that CPU - Easy is a known scrub. Replay invalid.

;)

I was using cheatmode to spawn neutral tanks so they wouldn't move while the isgs shot at them. The cpu was just there to let me start the game lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★