Login

russian armor

Is luchs out of scope?

18 Aug 2017, 09:24 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Just want a confirmation if it is out of scope.
18 Aug 2017, 09:46 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Just want a confirmation if it is out of scope.

Yes Luchs is out of scope.
Same to panzerfüssis or cons atm.

And did you played already USA vs OKW in FBP?

USA doing super great vs OKW now.

Do this:

4 Rifles into captain tech and 4 bars. And the game is yours vs okw^^

18 Aug 2017, 09:56 AM

Do this:

Is there a topic that explains comprehensively what is the current scope? Did I miss it or could you post like the general directions so we can post our ideas?
18 Aug 2017, 10:00 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Is there a topic that explains comprehensively what is the current scope? Did I miss it or could you post like the general directions so we can post our ideas?

You can find the scope hidden in the "patchnotes" from Relic in early on the offical Forum.

This patch is/ was for:
Aka Teamgame focused aka arty and TD as main Focus (and Call in meta)

Maybe the scope will change but this is in the stars...

18 Aug 2017, 10:04 AM

You can find the scope hidden in the "patchnotes" from Relic in early on the offical Forum.

This patch is/ was for:
Aka Teamgame focused aka arty and TD as main Focus (and Call in meta)

Maybe the scope will change but this is in the stars...

I wanted something more specific, like a list of all abilities and units. :) Maybe next time it would be great to post the scope before proposed changes so everyone can present ideas.
18 Aug 2017, 10:05 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Do this:

I know, i know, it's soviets im worried about.
18 Aug 2017, 10:09 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I wanted something more specific, like a list of all abilities and units. :) Maybe next time it would be great to post the scope before proposed changes so everyone can present ideas.

The primary focus (or Scope) for this set of balance changes is on Team Game balance (primarily that of 3v3 & 4v4). Therefore, the proposed changes outlined below have been curated from players in the community with team game oriented knowledge and expertise to identify and potentially address any key, re-occurring concerns in these match types. The prioritized scope for the team game related balance changes has been focused around Tank Destroyers & On-Map Artillery.

A secondary goal for the Fall Balance Preview mod will be to test some fundamental changes to how Anti-Air, Call-in Units & Forward Retreat Points work in-game. These changes will require thorough testing and high community approval ratings to move beyond being tested in the mod to being playable in automatch and thus, may not be part of the Fall 2017 release.

Lastly, the scope has been expanded to include some slight adjustments to a few units currently causing dominate meta, such as the Dshka HMG team. As always, the balance preview will also include a number of Quality of Life changes as well as bug fixes.
18 Aug 2017, 10:11 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

And for all:

Mrsmith, Miraflage and me we are fighting for every unit / doc skill to get into the scope. Belive me.

When you guys would know how much was NOT in the scope in begin, you would die :P

18 Aug 2017, 10:30 AM

Why is that so? lack of balance?<444>_<444>
18 Aug 2017, 10:30 AM
Senior Referee Badge

And for all:

Mrsmith, Miraflage and me we are fighting for every unit / doc skill to get into the scope. Belive me.

When you guys would know how much was NOT in the scope in begin, you would die :P

Yeah true that ;)
18 Aug 2017, 10:46 AM

Is it possible to add Osteer Panther in the scope ? In FBP T4 is more underwhelming .
18 Aug 2017, 12:24 PM

The rule of thumb is that there are absolutely no guarantees about what is in scope, until said changes make it to the live game.

I'd like to take the time to briefly remind what happened during the Great Revert of WBP, where polished, tested and bugtested, (and mostly no-brainer) changes became reverted to honour an arbitrary and never-properly-identified change quota.

Since we can't predict the future, a good compromise for determining what is in scope and what is not in scope is combing the Revamp mod changelog.

If a unit/ability/bug was touched/fixed in the Revamp mod, and was not touched in FBP it was not in scope.

If a unit/ability was touched both in Revamp mod and FBP, but the changes look slightly different, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- We refined changes along the way, but didn't have time to update FBP (e.g., Ostwind)
- We have to make concessions for other faction-affecting stuff that didn't enter scope (e.g., Stug penetration is still higher than it should be)
- We are forced to work around arbitrary artificial restrictions (e.g., 'Thou shalt not reduce brace duration below 20 seconds')
- We are diplomatic about micro-managing secondary-priority units, to avoid Relic from unloading high-priority changes (e.g., we could try giving Kubelwagen some non-combat utility. However, doing this might invoke the wrath of the scope, and we might be forced to unimplement other things)

So, in short, if something doesn't look precisely as in the Revamp mod, we tried, but there were external limitations involved.
18 Aug 2017, 12:30 PM

And for all:

Actually no. I have absolutely no faith in relic whatsoever. They simply do not understand on any level what people who play this game want.
18 Aug 2017, 12:38 PM

I know, i know, it's soviets im worried about.

i thought im the only one having a hard time taking down luchs as soviet
18 Aug 2017, 14:46 PM
Senior Caster Badge

And for all:

I fought for adjustable Hotkeys for 2 years and relic didn't even bother making a statement to it FeelsBadMan
19 Aug 2017, 02:53 AM

i thought im the only one having a hard time taking down luchs as soviet

Definitely, it takes more than two hits from a ZiS afaik and PTRS' incredibly long aim-time means warding it off with PTRS Penals/Guards makes you bleed hard because it will easily take down a lot of health before even taking a single volley. That and not having access to AT nades Cons hurts.
19 Aug 2017, 03:05 AM

Do this:

What changed?
I don't remember any OKW early games nerfs that would make 1 BAR on squad dominate them.
19 Aug 2017, 05:42 AM

I'd like to take the time to briefly remind what happened during the Great Revert of WBP, where polished, tested and bugtested, (and mostly no-brainer) changes became reverted to honour an arbitrary and never-properly-identified change quota.

Was that the time of the American power mortar of doom?
19 Aug 2017, 09:43 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

What changed?
I don't remember any OKW early games nerfs that would make 1 BAR on squad dominate them.

USA has Problems vs OKW in live Version because of the Kübelwagen (1-3) into Luchs rush.

But with the Kübelnerf USA Inf deals great vs okw. And the time when the luchs arrive is way later now.
19 Aug 2017, 15:00 PM

USA has Problems vs OKW in live Version because of the Kübelwagen (1-3) into Luchs rush.

But with the Kübelnerf USA Inf deals great vs okw. And the time when the luchs arrive is way later now.

Oh right, from 4.5 to 2.5 Armor, that is sure to help quite a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★