Login

russian armor

Stationary artillery rework ideas

Should stationary artillery be reworked to be more effective vs infantry
Option Distribution Votes
59%
41%
Should vet 1 ability for soviet ML-20 change?
50%
50%
Should vet 1 ability for ostheer lefh18 change?
35%
65%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Aug 2017, 05:20 AM

Stationary artillery applies to soviet ml-20 and axis leifh. The problem with stationary artillery isnt so much the price although I am thankful for the upcoming changes but its barrage cooldown. 8 shots makes it really great at destroying buildings but other than brit emplacements and okw trucks there arent as many viable targets for the artillery. I have an idea how to make it more viable without making it op.

Make it barrage with 4-5 shots instead of 8 and lower its cooldown to keep its overall dps. This would make it less effective vs emplacements or buildings (granted). Although brit emplacements are having its brace time reduced. But it would make stationary artillery more viable vs infantry. Often first artillery shell will miss and then the enemy will reposition so rest of the shells will hit the ground.

Also I think it would be best to change vet 1 abilities both for foir leifh and ml-20. Because ml-20 ability basically makes it shoot 2 more rounds which is effective only against okw trucks becaue everything else will just move away. And leifh becomes hard counter to any other artillery on the map which is basically a noob ability requiring no micro.

My propositions are:
- anti infantry shells more effective vs infantry less vs tanks and buildings
- bunker buster shells more effective vs buildings less vs other targets
- barrage in line
- artillery targets visible units in an area for a set period of time

My reasoning is that the more micro a unit requires the higher the skill cap is and better the balance is. I dont want stationary artillery to be less effective vs cancer emplacements or trucks so please take that into consideration.

Please remember to vote! Thank you.
Share your ideas and opinions please.
17 Aug 2017, 05:37 AM

I think artilleries should be cheap to build but munitiouns heavy to use. Your shell ideas are good too.
17 Aug 2017, 09:14 AM

Hehe, I was about to post some similar idea myself.
Certainly agree, right now, they are in an incredebily stupid spot, when they either provide an amazing base rape, or nothing.
17 Aug 2017, 09:16 AM

Hehe, I was about to post some similar idea myself.
Certainly agree, right now, they are in an incredebily stupid spot, when they either provide an amazing base rape, or nothing.

I myself dont actually like the idea of baseraping someone with artillery, because that would clearly make life miserable for us all. But making stationary artillery more effective vs infantry through shorter and often barrages seems to me like an interesting option.
17 Aug 2017, 09:55 AM

I think all artillery pieces (be it stationary or not) should be designed with these lines:
1) Small lethal radius (smaller than current)
2) Large non-lethal radius (larger than current)
3) No autofire, attacks only through barrage
4) High Explosive Barrage (standard shells) fires shells faster (less delay between shells)
5) Other barrage types (like smoke) can have less cooldown then standard barrage

What can we achieve by this?

- Less squad wipes with lucky shells
- No draining opponent MP and micro dry just by sitting AFK behind simcity or parking LeIGs near Battlegroup and Schwer
- Enemy still will be punished if he will not relocate units being under barrage

So all arty would be more molotov style, but still be capable of killing models. Obviously, larger calibers should have larger lethal and non-lethal radiuses.

18 Aug 2017, 08:21 AM

indirect fire units and call ins are to potent and to many in the actuall game...the last days, allies enemys build somethime only arty..beaacause its to effective...u need only 2 emplcaments and 2-3 katuschkas/ caliope/ LM and can bomb the hell out of german infnatery and bases---to easy too effective
18 Aug 2017, 08:58 AM

Why the hate against the LeFH's counter barrage?
That feature is absolutely amazing, Everytime I have a LeFH reaching vet 1 in team games, I usually activate the ability.

BTW, Ullumullu, are you drunk?
People quoting me will also quote some evil words like PEEEEENIIIIISSSSS.
18 Aug 2017, 09:36 AM

Why the hate against the LeFH's counter barrage?
That feature is absolutely amazing, Everytime I have a LeFH reaching vet 1 in team games, I usually activate the ability.

Yeah basically thats the reason why ^^
18 Aug 2017, 11:56 AM
18 Aug 2017, 12:43 PM

Mortar pit rework: remove it

yeah..or make it much more expansiver...i mean..it cost only 400mp..has huge surviabailty, the biggest range from all mortars, has double mortar...need no micro and is mostly unkillable if well defense (and if killed..u need a huge army and much micro...or big luck)

i mean..u can´t get even 2 ost mortars for this price..which are fragile and have not nearly the same range..

look how awefull this sim city cancer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQg

even helping hns struggle hard vs bad enemy which need no micro and skill..
18 Aug 2017, 14:20 PM

yeah..or make it much more expansiver...i mean..it cost only 400mp..has huge surviabailty, the biggest range from all mortars, has double mortar...need no micro and is mostly unkillable if well defense (and if killed..u need a huge army and much micro...or big luck)

i mean..u can´t get even 2 ost mortars for this price..which are fragile and have not nearly the same range..

look how awefull this sim city cancer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQg

even helping hns struggle hard vs bad enemy which need no micro and skill..

Well im not gonna say emplacements arent annoying but its not that they are incredibly overpowered. They are easily countered by a smart player with plentitude of way such as mortar spam, isg spam, flame ht rush, mobire mortar incediary barrage, incediary nades, p4 rush, stuka bombing strike etc. I never have problems with simcity unless its supported with a specific doctrine like cancer commander, royal engineers, artillery. THen its a bit of a problem because you either cant destroy the emplacements because of the selfrepair or increased durability or counter artillery.

Dont forget emplacements are immobile and brits have problem with dealing with vehicles. So knowing that either use artillery or vehicles to counter them. Most of the time if you rush p4s you can sneak up on the emplacements and get rid of them. Emplacements cost a lot so it will slow them down in teching as long as you dont get drained.
18 Aug 2017, 15:31 PM

chance to survive from stuka divebomb or all 180MU offmap artillery sh!t storm
18 Aug 2017, 19:59 PM

Well im not gonna say emplacements arent annoying but its not that they are incredibly overpowered. They are easily countered by a smart player with plentitude of way such as mortar spam, isg spam, flame ht rush, mobire mortar incediary barrage, incediary nades, p4 rush, stuka bombing strike etc. I never have problems with simcity unless its supported with a specific doctrine like cancer commander, royal engineers, artillery. THen its a bit of a problem because you either cant destroy the emplacements because of the selfrepair or increased durability or counter artillery.

Dont forget emplacements are immobile and brits have problem with dealing with vehicles. So knowing that either use artillery or vehicles to counter them. Most of the time if you rush p4s you can sneak up on the emplacements and get rid of them. Emplacements cost a lot so it will slow them down in teching as long as you dont get drained.

build a sim city and need no micro and can sit back with a cup of tea ...in both hands...while your enemy need 1293089042389430 micro orders to beat this cancer...this is balance?

common...the emplacments are really to cheap! i mean 400manpower? thats one ober!

or one bofors? 30 fuel!! thats a 222!!

wtf is wrong here?
19 Aug 2017, 01:46 AM

build a sim city and need no micro and can sit back with a cup of tea ...in both hands...while your enemy need 1293089042389430 micro orders to beat this cancer...this is balance?

common...the emplacments are really to cheap! i mean 400manpower? thats one ober!

or one bofors? 30 fuel!! thats a 222!!

wtf is wrong here?

I really dont want to be rude friend but I practically never play vs sim city and if I do I have no problem at all. I showed you all the possible counters and in teamgames there are plenty more options to go. Lets say your friend goes OKW and breakthrough tactics, he uses assault artillery on the sector with all the emplacements, you prepare your p4s at the same time. Brit braces emplacements and probably retreats everything you wait out the artillery and brace and go in after its over, infantry covers tanks, tanks finish off emplacements one by one before the brit infantry even goes in. Or even easier you can build double leifh or one leifh each and barrage emplacements consecutively with each leifh. So your barrages outlast brace, thats an easy no micro strat. Also you can go mortar ht and use incediary barrages one after the other, they burn emplacements quite fast. There are numerous ways to deal with them. Brit cant retreat their emplacements like you can your mortar. He also cant pick up the emplacements after they get killed. You can always pick up an isg or mortar. Also emplacements are not mobile and they cost a lot so the brit wont have resources to cover the rest of the map. If you pressure him early with a sniper, infantry and mg he wont be able to put emplacements in the best spot, he will be forced to build them somewhere closer to his base. Thanks to that you can pressure the rest of the map easily. I know that some maps are stupidly narrow or small because retarded relic put 1v1 maps in 2v2 automatch etc. But then you have pressure them early with sniper or your double mortar. I always go double mortar vs birts because their infantry prefers long range static fights. For me personally playing vs static emplacements is far more comfortable than to be basepinned by constantly pushing okw for instance. It seems more reasonable.
19 Aug 2017, 02:41 AM

Steering the topic back to howitzers...

Imo the LeFh ability is fine. It disables them from using it normally to bleed you out or such, and it doesn't affect much. Rocket artillery units are ofc mobile and aren't bothered by lefh counterbarrages. Similarly, if your mortar is in the same spot for long enough for a counterbarrage to kill it then you probably would've lost it to something else anyhow. Don't forget that the Lefh does have to rotate and setup before counterbarrage, so the shells do take quite a while to arrive.

It's true that ML-20 could use something different. It's quite inaccurate so the extra two shells don't even make it much better against OKW trucks. Atm I'd rather just build Katyushas that you can also use to wipe blobs if they don't have OKW trucks to barrage, or wipe blobs while they are at OKW trucks. Whereas ML-20 gives them plenty of time to move without much loss, outside of lucky RNG first shot or two.
21 Aug 2017, 06:58 AM

I really dont want to be rude friend but I practically never play vs sim city and if I do I have no problem at all. I showed you all the possible counters and in teamgames there are plenty more options to go. Lets say your friend goes OKW and breakthrough tactics, he uses assault artillery on the sector with all the emplacements, you prepare your p4s at the same time. Brit braces emplacements and probably retreats everything you wait out the artillery and brace and go in after its over, infantry covers tanks, tanks finish off emplacements one by one before the brit infantry even goes in. Or even easier you can build double leifh or one leifh each and barrage emplacements consecutively with each leifh. So your barrages outlast brace, thats an easy no micro strat. Also you can go mortar ht and use incediary barrages one after the other, they burn emplacements quite fast. There are numerous ways to deal with them. Brit cant retreat their emplacements like you can your mortar. He also cant pick up the emplacements after they get killed. You can always pick up an isg or mortar. Also emplacements are not mobile and they cost a lot so the brit wont have resources to cover the rest of the map. If you pressure him early with a sniper, infantry and mg he wont be able to put emplacements in the best spot, he will be forced to build them somewhere closer to his base. Thanks to that you can pressure the rest of the map easily. I know that some maps are stupidly narrow or small because retarded relic put 1v1 maps in 2v2 automatch etc. But then you have pressure them early with sniper or your double mortar. I always go double mortar vs birts because their infantry prefers long range static fights. For me personally playing vs static emplacements is far more comfortable than to be basepinned by constantly pushing okw for instance. It seems more reasonable.

Yeah...maybe Helping hans is a noob, who have no clue from this game and struggle so hard vs this cancer...and the brit enemys was really bad..no one pushing the isg with infantery etc away.

look to the micro from hans..if it so easy to beat this cancer ...why struggle hans so hard and remember: this were bad enemy players...
21 Aug 2017, 07:18 AM

Yeah...maybe Helping hans is a noob, who have no clue from this game and struggle so hard vs this cancer...and the brit enemys was really bad..no one pushing the isg with infantery etc away.

look to the micro from hans..if it so easy to beat this cancer ...why struggle hans so hard and remember: this were bad enemy players...

Well, I dont know in which mode did he struggle and with which faction. If he struggled in 1v1 where he has most experience because he plays only 1v1 then maybe he isnt that good at all ^^. Recently AECOH made a faction rivalry tournament and ost won against brits 5-0 ^^. Final was played by Vonivan and Nogano and both of them are better than hans. Ost still clearly crushed brits. If Hans played 2v2 then he might have had a bit more problems but still he is less experienced in 2v2 than he is in 1v1. Being good at one mode doesnt make you good at other modes too. Also maybe your perception is skewed, you basically see what you want to see. Maybe Hans didnt struggle at all? Also Hans likes to nag a lot, maybe he was just constantly complaining and you mistook that for him struggling. Maybe he just doesnt like that kind of playstyle and thats all.
21 Aug 2017, 07:20 AM

i mean this game.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQg

wha ask you such questions? You reply to this link before...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★