Login

russian armor

Is Wehrmacht Competitive Right Now?

2 Aug 2017, 13:46 PM

Personally, I think that the Stug is amazing and one of the view things that keep Wehr alive (with Mg42, Paks, the Sniper and maybe the Brummbär). Definetly more useful than the stupid Panther...

Well I definitely agree that the wehr panther is ridiculous but I feel like that the stug is not effective against heavy tanks such as the churchills, Is-2 and Pershing and they just get out sniped by fireflys and SU-85s. Maybe in the early-mid game it is viable against shermans, t-34 and cromwells but I dont think it scales well into the late game.
2 Aug 2017, 13:52 PM

ostheer has several things that okw lack and offers a pretty different playstyle that i prefer actually. overall ostheer has every tool available to them, with probably the exception of a durable infantry core. grenadiers are quite strong with vet and weapon upgrades, but as others have said suffer in the late game from explosive wipes. every weapon team ostheer has is actually quite good, the mg42 has high suppression rates in addition to good dps, the mortar has an extremely high rate of fire making it really good against brits, and the pak has good penetration and TWP. the flame halftrack offers good shock value if you rush it, and the medium tank roster is pretty solid as well.
the main problem with ostheer is how much micro is required compared to some of the other factions. you need to be constantly microing all your support teams in addition to making sure your grens arent in a position to just randomly die to an explosion. but if you can manage all that ostheer has a tool for every problem in every stage of the game

I guess what you are trying to say is that ostheer is just as good as okw IF you are any good at the game and that OKW is a much more noob friendly faction than Ostheer which can punish you very harshly if you make a big mistake or you get "out skilled" by rng in some cases. Thanks for the head up!
2 Aug 2017, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess what you are trying to say is that ostheer is just as good as okw IF you are any good at the game and that OKW is a much more noob friendly faction than Ostheer which can punish you very harshly if you make a big mistake or you get "out skilled" by rng in some cases. Thanks for the head up!

AND that's OH for you for the last 4 years since they rightfully nerf PG + Panther or MG42 spam right back in beta/after release.
There's also an increased amount of difficulty which can be exponential depending on faction, on whether you play meta/cheese or not.
2 Aug 2017, 19:16 PM

just as good or even better in certain areas. okw has a very hard time dealing with artillery emplacements since they only have 1 commander (feursturm) that can reliably one shot artillery, and even then you need to get sight somehow. ostheer on the otherhand have jaeger armor which lets them recon + stuka dive bomb. also having early access to flamer/suppression/indirect fire tools is far superior to what okw can do, which is basically just makes volks until the luchs comes out. ostheer just has a higher skill/reward ceiling imo, but it is more difficult to play.
2 Aug 2017, 20:51 PM

Permanently Banned
If okw are real bad right now, imagine the turtle (always in paste) wermach.

Game mechanichs dont favour long range and slow units.
2 Aug 2017, 23:58 PM

What you have described here is a natural progression of the game stages. Compare that to playing soviets and before you get a tank all your support weapons get wiped by okw stuka xD imagine how salty would you be if that were the case
so is ostheer the problem or OKW? I still think all the problems people have with the axis stem from OKW. What you just described is an OKW unit that comes very early. Besides , since when did soviets rely on support weapons other than dshk?
3 Aug 2017, 00:04 AM

so is ostheer the problem or OKW? I still think all the problems people have with the axis stem from OKW. What you just described is an OKW unit that comes very early. Besides , since when did soviets rely on support weapons other than dshk?

Some people still play Cons and Maxims, such brave little guys no?
3 Aug 2017, 00:37 AM

Like theodosis said, double ostheer is a painful journey to experience in 2v2, 1 ostheer and 1 okw should be fun, obviously you will struggle more than your mate but it wont be impossible to play. It is not as easy as OKW but still playable.

In 1v1 no, all allied factions shit on ostheer, specially usf due to the dynamic play and the ostheer team weapon play. But you could play okw, that is what cool kids do these days :D Just dont cry when you get lend leased :snfPeter:
3 Aug 2017, 00:39 AM

Some people still play Cons and Maxims, such brave little guys no?

Brave indeed. Although you don't need stukas to deal with that
3 Aug 2017, 07:48 AM

Brave indeed. Although you don't need stukas to deal with that

Yeah pretty much anything works against that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★