Login

russian armor

Is Wehrmacht Competitive Right Now?

31 Jul 2017, 14:45 PM

Good Day Kamaraden!

First of all I am a relatively new player and very new to this forum. I have mainly played OKW before a, bit of UKF and Soviet but recently I have been trying out Wehrmacht. I have to say I have been struggling in a lot of my recent games.

I have been struggling to deal many things some of which are: USF rifle blobs, Penal blobs, Late game T-34/85 and T-34/76 spam, and ridiculous spam of Katyushas and Calliope or Callipsos as I like to call them.

I feel like the tools for Wehrmacht to deal with these threats are not there, not adequate or they locked behind massive teching costs.

Previously I have managaed to deal with it as OKW, Pumas are adequate against early tanks, OKW can get a Stuka very early unlike Wehrmacht with the Panzerwerfers which is locked behind huge tech costs and due to my reliance on team weapons (e.g MG42 and Paks) rocket arties hard counter them. Also I feel like the Tiger is the only thing that is trying to hold up the Wehrmacht late game.

Any tips, suggestions, criticisms and opinions are welcome!

31 Jul 2017, 15:51 PM
Patrion 310

What game modes do you play?
31 Jul 2017, 15:55 PM

I mostly play 2v2 at around rank 8-10 with on of my friends and some times I play 3v3 alone
31 Jul 2017, 16:32 PM

In 2v2 the competitiveness of the faction you play is determined by the anchor on your ankles that is called "the teammate". OKW is far more competitive in team games than Ostheer in my opinion, but I still find complete idiots playing OKW in 2v2 that simply pull me down to Davey Jones Locker and we lose.
31 Jul 2017, 18:30 PM

In 2v2 the competitiveness of the faction you play is determined by the anchor on your ankles that is called "the teammate". OKW is far more competitive in team games than Ostheer in my opinion, but I still find complete idiots playing OKW in 2v2 that simply pull me down to Davey Jones Locker and we lose.

I suppose but sometimes even the OKW supplement cant deal with all these tactics and I still feel like Ostheer is at a disadvantage against these and I really dont know what to do. I tried the Osttruppens but it didnt work for me. I know a lot of people have lots of success with it but hey I guess I suck and just need to practice
31 Jul 2017, 19:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Ostheer is indeed competitive right now in 2v2 but only in combination with OKW since double Ostheer is quite strenuous, i.e. you have to put way more effort to win than your Allied opponents. Provided you got at least Jaeger Armour and a commander with decent offmap such as JU87 AT strafe in your loadout you should do fine. As soon as you leave meta you might encounter serious trouble, especially against equally skilled Allied players.
31 Jul 2017, 19:20 PM

I suppose but sometimes even the OKW supplement cant deal with all these tactics and I still feel like Ostheer is at a disadvantage against these and I really dont know what to do. I tried the Osttruppens but it didnt work for me. I know a lot of people have lots of success with it but hey I guess I suck and just need to practice

Osttruppen only work vs Brits. There is no reason to go osstruppen if you don't face brits. The problem with osttruppen is that if you get more than 3, you will end up with an infantry army that is useless after 10 minutes.

Most people just forget to transition to either Panzergrenadiers or grenadiers.
31 Jul 2017, 20:01 PM

Osttruppen only work vs Brits. There is no reason to go osstruppen if you don't face brits. The problem with osttruppen is that if you get more than 3, you will end up with an infantry army that is useless after 10 minutes.

Most people just forget to transition to either Panzergrenadiers or grenadiers.

Thanks for the tips I have been blindly trying Osttruppen against all factions but now I will try out Osttruppen against the Brits specifically
31 Jul 2017, 20:04 PM

Ostheer is indeed competitive right now in 2v2 but only in combination with OKW since double Ostheer is quite strenuous, i.e. you have to put way more effort to win than your Allied opponents. Provided you got at least Jaeger Armour and a commander with decent offmap such as JU87 AT strafe in your loadout you should do fine. As soon as you leave meta you might encounter serious trouble, especially against equally skilled Allied players.

I guess my commander loadout was not very good. I had Spearhead, Mech Assault and Elite Troops. I will try the Jaeger and CAS and Mech Assault. Anyways thanks for the help and tips hopefully I will better equiped next time.
31 Jul 2017, 20:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I guess my commander loadout was not very good. I had Spearhead, Mech Assault and Elite Troops. I will try the Jaeger and CAS and Mech Assault. Anyways thanks for the help and tips hopefully I will better equiped next time.

Replace CAS with a Doctrine containing that 60 second JU87 strafe, not that one way strafe of CAS. My bad! :D
31 Jul 2017, 21:00 PM

Replace CAS with a Doctrine containing that 60 second JU87 strafe, not that one way strafe of CAS. My bad! :D

I guess you mean the Assault Support Doctrine which has the Opel Blitz, Strafing Run, Frag bombs and Tiger at the end. I will certainly try that, that seems like a pretty OK doctrine. CAS Doctrine seems to lack late game punch anyways.
31 Jul 2017, 21:18 PM

Nice avatar, clever approach, I like you :)

If you ever find yourself struggle, with any faction, do not hesitate and create a thread in State Office forums, many friendly people will surely help ya :)

Also if you tend to struggle againt one certain build order/faction/strategy you can always save the replay of a game, upload it on this forum and then create a thread with it in forum subsection called "Replay Reviews". I will review your play for you then (hopefully if no one else does it sooner than me :p ), pointing out your mistakes, giving you hints and so on.

:welcome: on .ORG
Hector

31 Jul 2017, 21:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I guess you mean the Assault Support Doctrine which has the Opel Blitz, Strafing Run, Frag bombs and Tiger at the end. I will certainly try that, that seems like a pretty OK doctrine. CAS Doctrine seems to lack late game punch anyways.

I meant Blitzkrieg Doctrine with G43, Tiger and JU87 anti tank strafe. :snfPeter:
31 Jul 2017, 21:52 PM
Patrion 310

I meant Blitzkrieg Doctrine with G43, Tiger and JU87 anti tank strafe. :snfPeter:

Lightning War :)
31 Jul 2017, 22:00 PM

Alrighty then I shall be set and ready to go. Thanks for all the help and tips, hopefully now that I finally sorted my commanders I shall be better prepared now I just need to start playing better!
31 Jul 2017, 22:59 PM

Nice avatar, clever approach, I like you :)

If you ever find yourself struggle, with any faction, do not hesitate and create a thread in State Office forums, many friendly people will surely help ya :)

Also if you tend to struggle againt one certain build order/faction/strategy you can always save the replay of a game, upload it on this forum and then create a thread with it in forum subsection called "Replay Reviews". I will review your play for you then (hopefully if no one else does it sooner than me :p ), pointing out your mistakes, giving you hints and so on.

:welcome: on .ORG
Hector

Thanks! It is good to feel welcome here on this forum and I really appreciate the help that I have been getting.
1 Aug 2017, 08:03 AM

Ostheer is really strong in team games. Then more players 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 then stronger Wermac becomes. Coz of their MG42, Mortars, fuel caches, perfect rushes to ligt vehicals, mediums, Brumbars, Teller mines.

Ostheer just requir more skill to play combine arms

compare to OKW where u put FRP close to middle and do Forth and Back runs stall till heaviest
1 Aug 2017, 08:22 AM

Just as you zsirbacsi I feel that Ostheer lacks tools in 2v2 matches, mostly double Ostheer. My main concern with this faction is its poor infantry. Grenadiers perform good in long range battles but are not as durable as Volskgrenadiers or Riflemen can be. I have personally never liked Pzgrenadiers much, they seem to expansive and not good enough for me (It might be because I have never used them well yet, I'm not sure what their best range/dps ratio is).
Despite their poor infantry Ostheer has to my eyes strong light vehicles with the Halftrack (flamethrower or not) and the 222. 2x 222 can deal with t70 and stuarts, maybe not kill them but it can block them at least and why not, with some panzerfaust, everything is possible. But against British Forces, I feel like these cars are a risky bet because a single AEC would crush them. You can always destroy it with a teller mine but this move requires some skill (building mine out of enemy sight, luring the scout car...) and an equally skilled oponent might see it coming.

These are for me the big problems with Ostheer in 2v2, the further teching issues can be countered with call in units and coordination with your mate (1 goes t3 the other t4 if double ostheer, or you can appreciate the presence of walking stukas from OKW). Of course Ost is not doomed to lose any game but I have always have tougher times to win as Ostheer than as OKW.
1 Aug 2017, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2017, 08:22 AMDzaraa
not as durable as Volskgrenadiers

You went in worng direction.

What makes Volks good?

1) Cheap cost
2) Cheap reiforce
3) FRP
4) Flame grenade
5) Self healing (on main line inf WTF?)
6) Self spot to avoid machine guns

If you would check statistic of OKW after 80% of team matches especially in 3 vs 3 / 4 vs 4 u could've see like that killed 115 - lost 206 and still win.

THis means that despite of horrible loses OKW may float resourses.

Wermach if match up has been won ALWAYS has positive K/D ALWAYS.

This mean that combined arms of Wermacht is much stronger than OKW.
1 Aug 2017, 08:41 AM

Even at current balance state IF OKW wouldn'have FRP they would never succeed with they blob snowball tactic. coz they would've lost all resourses sector up to the base. AN got knock out by Tier 4 AOE units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★