Login

russian armor

Soviets against OKW [1v1]

26 Jul 2017, 19:12 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/62520/soviets-against-okw-1v1

I am looking for help about how to play SU vs. OKW. Until recently I have only played Ostheer.
I am currently tring to learn about OKw but any tips about the differences between Wermacht and the current meta strats would be appreciated.

I hope this replay provides enough information about my playstyle so you can provide information as to what changes I should apply from Ostheer to OKW.
Again, all help is appreciated.
29 Jul 2017, 18:54 PM

Hello ultrabrad,

I´ll try to keep this as short and as effective as possible so we both save as much time as possible here (mainly me because I have to type it right :p)

I will be above board when I tell you that this match was lost at minute 0, it´s visible that you´ve never played soviets before and don´t know what´s their current. That´s why you are here after all :)

1st rule when playing current Soviets against OKW (and against OST as well) is to NEVER CREATE CONSCRIPTS. They suck hard, they are the worst infantry in game and only sadomasochists or people who are bored and try new things go them. I recommend you to not build them at all and stick to penals (and enginneers) only. Simple put, conscripts get outscaled by OKW infantry from minute 0 and they get beaten even harder as the game drags on.

And then ofcourse there were some lost squads that put you into even worse position and you was never really able to get back from it because you´ve lost so hard against his infantry in the early game, mainly because of his superior forces.

Here I bring you an article, where current soviet meta is nicely put together. Only think I would change is that go only 2 enginners in the beggining not 3 (1st to cap, 2nd to build tier1)

https://www.coh2.org/news/61212/gcs-round-of-sixteen

You will find the article named as

A new meta rising

It´s somewhere in lower half of the article.

Hope this helps you in the future.

And if you have any questions about that meta featured there or about soviets in general feel free to ask, I´m all ears and willing to ask all your questions and help you as much as I can. Just simply in this replay you´ve gave me I cannot help you much, because your build order was wrong and without correct build order soviets have no chance against OKW in current situation.

PS: Try few games with this build order, get some feel of it and if you still struggle, even if you stick to the new build order, do not be ashmed to create new thread here with new replay. After all, the State Office is here to help you ;)

Cheers,
Hector
29 Jul 2017, 21:02 PM

Oh wow, I've played 80 hours of COH2 mostly as Soviets. I figured that cons sucked hard, but not THAT hard.
The build order you sent me is definitelty going to be of use.

When I (eventually) post another replay I hope it gives more information to you than this one.
Thanks.
29 Jul 2017, 21:07 PM

NP you're always welcome here ;)

PS: If you have any questions, please ask them now, before I forget what was this game about. :)
29 Jul 2017, 21:10 PM

Should I assume that, similar to Ostheer, fuel denial is VERY important to stop early production of vehicles early game?
29 Jul 2017, 21:14 PM

And also, is infantry production speed +10% viable bulletin? If so, any other bulletins recommended? Suck as the Satchel range bulleting or an MG bulletin?
29 Jul 2017, 21:21 PM

Yes, always go for fuel/cut off while maintaining your fuel. You will need to get t70 before his light tank and su76 before his tank because penals nor dushka aren't good against tanks (only if tanks allow you to throw satchel on them)

But denying him the fuel shouldn't be the problem as ostheer lacks proper counters to penals and dushka early on while OKW is weak against clown car as they lack early fausts like.

Bulletins aren't all that important but for me it's penals +3% accuracy to get more DPS from them, then the satchel throw range to not be so easily kiteable with tanks and then I go with 10% su76 vet increase as this assault gun is beast when vet.

Increased production bulletin isn't good as it only helps you to get unit on the field 5 seconds faster while the accuracy buff makes all penals stronger thorough whole match
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 165
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak