Login

russian armor

FRP's in Fall Balance Patch

4 Aug 2017, 15:31 PM

Ok, I'll exaggerate it more so you could understand what I mean:
don't play the game because you can lose it.

Please talk slower and use smaller words so I can understand. I'm not fluent in biased one dimensional thinking. All I can assume from this statement is that you truly believe that FRPs are I win buttons. Is that what you're trying to get across?

Each mortar is 1 less penal or guard or whatever faction you're facing. You should be able force them off with FRP in 2 attacks max. Then you can cap everything around and repair your FRP safely.

Mix units? Have suppression options along with mainline who can keep infantry at the FRP from effectively maneuvering? Hell, even drive a halftrack up to the FRP in order to reinforce your infantry while he's reinforcing his?

And by indirect I mean mortars because the REAL counters to FRPs like rocket artillery come very late, when the damage is already done.

Part of your problem with dealing with FRPs is that you believe the above is actually true. There are so many options for each of the factions that allow you to put pressure on and destroy FRPs. The longer you wait to deal with them is just more momentum you are gifting to your opponent. But you'll be happy to know that FRPs will come a bit later now in the FBP (A reasonable change).

Shitty OKW players always pretend like FRP is a penalty, while it is a bonus.

You know that there are two other factions that have FRP, right? Both happen to be Allied factions... Careful, your bias is showing.

There are NO risks in FRP, unless you're got so used to FRP faceroll on big maps in teamgames that you're building it in the middle of map.

Keep on thinking that, you're only hurting yourself and limiting your ability to deal with and capitalize on your opponent's use of FRPs

There's a reason why Relic decided not to go with the FRP redesign that was originally presented by the unofficial balance mod team, and alot of you fail to realize this: Simply reworking a feature so that it doesn't resemble it's previous state or outright removing it entirely, especially when it is a part of more than half the factions available, is extremely detrimental to game balance.
4 Aug 2017, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

of course there is risk in everything. like someone before me said, enemy having a ATG makes building a tank a risk technically.

I'm not gonna say FRP in the live version has no risk or FBP version has no risk. We just have to look at the stats:

How many times in games 2v2+, both in your experience and on casts done by tightrope, machine etc etc... did we see a MEDHQ, major and Brit forward base built but not used as FRP? in 2v2, almost never - I have seen MEDHQ more frequently built within base perimetre in Moscow Outskirts only because that map actually accommodates fluctuating frontline. in 3v3+? almost almost never - like a white whale.

(you can blame the maps but maps will not and cannot be fixed from ground up because that would literally mean keeping a handful maps and making 20 new maps. It is not because all maps are bad, although many have glaring issues, but because most maps were not built with FRP in mind - vcoh2 maps surely could not have been.)

You can talk about all the risks, which are REAL, but simply they are not big enough. If those risks were like real risk CoH2 like the choice between building katyusha or t34/76 first, we will not see FRP 100% of the time in 3v3+ and 90% of the times in 2v2.

as of now, the risk for FRP is closer to risk for upgrading your grens with LMG - i mean you can drop it and your moving DPS goes down by a fourth - than a real risk.
4 Aug 2017, 21:01 PM

Mix units? Have suppression options along with mainline who can keep infantry at the FRP from effectively maneuvering? Hell, even drive a halftrack up to the FRP in order to reinforce your infantry while he's reinforcing his?

Wow combined arms beats mindless infantry blobbing. Who knew. That doesn't make FRP balanced, because by that same logic, volkschreck blobs, pre-nerf commandos, pre-nerf allied light vehicles, and pre-nerf maxims and live dshkas are balanced. Things don't have to literally break the game to be unbalanced. EFA doesn't even have them, so it's not like you need them for aggressive play (cough penals cough cough) but that also puts them at a disadvantage since they literally just can't have them (especially and mostly in teamgames).

Also, some people who use frps actually know how to use infantry properly, which makes them even more powerful/OP.
4 Aug 2017, 21:17 PM

Also, some people who use frps actually know how to use infantry properly, which makes them even more powerful/OP.

Wow, higher skilled players are better than low skilled players. What a revelation. Let's help those low skilled players get better by taking the things they find frustrating to play against out of the game.

Nitpicking, it's so easy.

4 Aug 2017, 22:31 PM

Wow, higher skilled players are better than low skilled players. What a revelation. Let's help those low skilled players get better by taking the things they find frustrating to play against out of the game.

Nitpicking, it's so easy.

That wasn't even the point of the statement but ok. One dimensional thinking?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★