Login

russian armor

panzerwerfer is now to weak with fall patch

25 Jul 2017, 11:19 AM

I testet it...panzerwerfer have now much less impact than before (it was not compareable to other alli rocket arti)

maybe a cost reduction or double the rockets?
25 Jul 2017, 13:11 PM

This is the result of having OKW playing next to ostheer. Everyone thinks ostheer is OP when it's not.
25 Jul 2017, 18:00 PM

got a replay?
25 Jul 2017, 20:34 PM

got a replay?

Gentlemen believe to words
25 Jul 2017, 20:36 PM

You need to be close for effect

You go close you get one shotted

You either hit or miss with it, very rarely do are you able to hit at range and do damage worth the price/delay of panther

Not worth it over a strumpanzer

2v2 speaking
25 Jul 2017, 23:32 PM

i just hope they can buff its mid-long range, not that it can wipe, but just at least to take down 1-2 models per squad. its too risky to use in close range with all these allied TD's
25 Jul 2017, 23:49 PM

i crush shit with pwerfer... ppl dont no how to use it thats the problem. it has no pinn so now it sucks? lol funny
26 Jul 2017, 07:22 AM

i crush shit with pwerfer... ppl dont no how to use it thats the problem. it has no pinn so now it sucks? lol funny

Replay
26 Jul 2017, 07:22 AM

enlighten us
26 Jul 2017, 07:34 AM

Oh man, i havent use a panzer werfer in 1v1 since that game vs Wuff in semosky winter :D . In a game where so many factors are involved to test the efectiveness of a rocket artillery unit such as RNG, map and distance. It needs to be tested a lot to say that and provide the proper replays, as a 1v1 player i never tech to tier 4 because it costs almost the same price to get a tiger. We will see in the next patch with the price increase for the call ins
26 Jul 2017, 07:59 AM

replay pls
30 Jul 2017, 16:05 PM

*panzerwerfer is now to weak

FTFY
30 Jul 2017, 18:08 PM

It's in Ostheer T4 anyway.

Panzerwerfer: Can wipe a single squad if you are lucky. Every other artillery can wipe multiple units since they cover a larger area. Take the OKW Stuka as an example. It's like 6 Panzerwerfer barrages. If it hits the unit is wiped. Also the Land matress and Katjuscha can wipe entier squads when they hit directly. And this is over a way larger area. Thus the Panzerwerfer simply is not as cost effective.

Brummbär: Quite decent. Not worth building a while new tier though.

Panther: Slower damage output than a Panzer IV, less anti infantry capabilities. High fuel cost. Not needed.

--> Everybody wonders how we are stuck in Tier 3 meta with Ostheer since a year now.
30 Jul 2017, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2017, 18:08 PMButcher
--> Everybody wonders how we are stuck in Tier 3 meta with Ostheer since a year now.

T4 is a bonus tier in comparison to Soviets.

Peewerfer may be moved to T3 to make it more balanced to Soviets in terms of "tools" availability. I don't think that something horrible will happen because of that. If someone would argue that T3 is too early for Peewerfer then I should remind you of Wurfrahmen.

Also that way THAT "T3 built" voice line would be once again accurate.
30 Jul 2017, 20:08 PM

T4 is a bonus tier in comparison to Soviets.

Peewerfer may be moved to T3 to make it more balanced to Soviets in terms of "tools" availability. I don't think that something horrible will happen because of that. If someone would argue that T3 is too early for Peewerfer then I should remind you of Wurfrahmen.

Also that way THAT "T3 built" voice line would be once again accurate.

Sure, but put the Ostwind in T4, that would be fair.
30 Jul 2017, 20:13 PM

Sure, but put the Ostwind in T4, that would be fair.

With upcoming planes and AA rework pintle machineguns and 222 autocanon would be quite ineffective at shooting down planes.

Ostwind is Wehrmacht's main AA unit. You can't put it behind T4.
30 Jul 2017, 20:53 PM

With upcoming planes and AA rework pintle machineguns and 222 autocanon would be quite ineffective at shooting down planes.

Ostwind is Wehrmacht's main AA unit. You can't put it behind T4.

If you want Werfer on T3, something has to go, it doesn't make sense for the StuG-G or the PZ4 to be in T4, so Ostwind is the best candidate.
31 Jul 2017, 00:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In my experience, the Panzerwerfer is fine. It reliably takes out infantry targets because it is relatively accurate. Decent against blobs, enemy team weapons, and retreat points.

The only thing that I would like to see would be improved anti-garrison power (mainly stone buildings). And they've added that in v1.1.
31 Jul 2017, 08:21 AM

In my experience, the Panzerwerfer is fine. It reliably takes out infantry targets because it is relatively accurate. Decent against blobs, enemy team weapons, and retreat points.

The only thing that I would like to see would be improved anti-garrison power (mainly stone buildings). And they've added that in v1.1.

compare it with other rocket arties, which have in most cases 3times more rockets and wipe much more than PW
31 Jul 2017, 10:54 AM

The problems with the PanzerWerfer are a multitude of issues within Ostheer itself.

The PanzerWerfer is in an underperforming overpriced tier that is anything but cost efficient. The Pwerfer itself is a capable unit, but its low health and horrible armor make it, together with the Kattyusha, the most fragile rocket arty piece in the game.

These facts make it so that IF you get tier 4, which is a very big IF in a 1v1, you will most likely not spend precious fuel on that dissapointment werfer and rather spent it on a Panther, which is less of a dissapointment, or a Brumbähr!

There is no reason to get the Panzerwerfer in a 1v1 situation unless your opponent is a noob and you got 80% of the map or your opponent made a huge mistake and you are now allowed the needed breathing room to get a PanzerWerfer. I still rather get the Panther, if I can.

The problem with this is that tier 4 as a whole is in itself a tier that has the same situational problems that the PanzerWerfer has. As Ostheer you need to crutch on tier 3 or lose. There is no way around it. This means that only when your opponent is a noob and you got 80% of the map, or your opponent made a huge mistake and you are now allowed the needed breating room to get tier 4, you will not get tier 4. This is the exact situation that is required to get a PanzerWerfer once tier 4 is up.

The problematic situation surrounding the PanzerWerfer surrounds the tier it is in too. It is a design flaw that does not work with the newer factions it faces. This can't be fixed by simply 'balancing' the PanzerWerfer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★