Login

russian armor

[1v1] Soviet Guard Motor push against OKW

23 Jul 2017, 21:44 PM

Hi everyone! It's me again, last time I was so happy to get really nice feedback from everyone, and I wish to thank you all for that.

This time, I think I am getting the hang of the game, but at the same time wanting to improve too. I played this game today, and thought I could do better despite the steady push. In particular, near the end of the game where I have a T34/76, my OKW opponent started to spam rakt and did manage to get one of mine. I was a bit frustrated by that, but otherwise it was a quite smooth game.

Now, to take things a bit further, I would love to hear more opinion from you guys. Especially,
1) My Kaytusha did not do a lot of damage (i rmb seeing in the aftermath that it did only 600ish damage), where should I actually be pinpointing for bombardment, or is it just another tool for attrition of manpower?
2) When transiting to later in early game, I found that I am quite hopeless with OKW troops with only engineers and maxims. I dare not spawn Conscript because I understand that they are no good against anything, but at that time i feel that my army couldn't hold against any wave. Without the 2 CP i cannot spawn guard troops too. Should I go for more maxims to hold my line, or build T1 for penals?
3) How to choose between the 76 and 85? I understand the 76 is faster but 85 more tanky, but at times I do not know when to choose between either one at what particular moment?

This is my replay, I hope someone would be able to give comments :D

30 Jul 2017, 17:14 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi everyone! It's me again, last time I was so happy to get really nice feedback from everyone, and I wish to thank you all for that.

This time, I think I am getting the hang of the game, but at the same time wanting to improve too. I played this game today, and thought I could do better despite the steady push. In particular, near the end of the game where I have a T34/76, my OKW opponent started to spam rakt and did manage to get one of mine. I was a bit frustrated by that, but otherwise it was a quite smooth game.

Now, to take things a bit further, I would love to hear more opinion from you guys. Especially,
1) My Kaytusha did not do a lot of damage (i rmb seeing in the aftermath that it did only 600ish damage), where should I actually be pinpointing for bombardment, or is it just another tool for attrition of manpower?
2) When transiting to later in early game, I found that I am quite hopeless with OKW troops with only engineers and maxims. I dare not spawn Conscript because I understand that they are no good against anything, but at that time i feel that my army couldn't hold against any wave. Without the 2 CP i cannot spawn guard troops too. Should I go for more maxims to hold my line, or build T1 for penals?
3) How to choose between the 76 and 85? I understand the 76 is faster but 85 more tanky, but at times I do not know when to choose between either one at what particular moment?

This is my replay, I hope someone would be able to give comments :D

A) Can't watch the replay anymore because of small patch

B)Cons and soviet t2 does not really work atm --> go soviet t1

C) normal t34 are better if you want to flank and dive somewhere and trade. The big one t34/85 are more to hold them on the field

D) Katja is good if enemie plays very defensive and camping. On max range you have a big scatter. On closerange you can wipe units better at the point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
unknown 23
Germany 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak