Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Replays

29 Jul 2017, 14:50 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I've actually been meaning to ask you something regarding brace. why are brace not being touched in FBP?
Because in one of your post you made some good arguments for why and how brace could be removed from the game.

is it because of the scope™?

yes.

I mean if we change brace we have to change the mortarpit as well.

If we would make brace to 5 sec only, the acutal mortarpit would just die...
29 Jul 2017, 18:19 PM

Brace is badly designed ability. What makes it even worse is that is free and without hardly any counter.

It far better suited as a doctrinal ability.
29 Jul 2017, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2017, 18:19 PMVipper
Brace is badly designed ability. What makes it even worse is that is free and without hardly any counter.

It far better suited as a doctrinal ability.

Or tied to Anvil. :P
29 Jul 2017, 18:36 PM

I've actually been meaning to ask you something regarding brace. why are brace not being touched in FBP?
Because in one of your post you made some good arguments for why and how brace could be removed from the game.

is it because of the scope™?

Scope ate brace and sim city commander changes. So, I guess we're stuck with a pit design that's extremely situational; either be completely annoying on certain maps, or be completely useless on others.

I don't know how the pit can be in the scope but the brace not, but we've had that before (e.g., Quad upgrade being in scope, and M5 not in scope, or USF/Sov infantry being in scope for infantry scaling changes, and Tommies/OKW infantry not).
31 Jul 2017, 21:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

So Ostmortar do their job but still soviet can make huge pressure. But its better then to be OKW :P

No cons or pio with maxims. Only maxims and guarde.

3 Aug 2017, 19:05 PM
Strategist Badge

4 Aug 2017, 07:12 AM

If anyone has youtube links to matches, please add them here - would love to watch while travelling.
5 Aug 2017, 12:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

From Quicksilver:

Comments-

Soviet howitzer (ML20) didn't need AOE buffs
It was already good when you could get it, just that you weren't normally in a position to do so because of manpower costs. Perhaps a new meta might emerge if unchanged. Teamgames will likely be even more heavily affected than 1s.

^wherein a single ML20 outduels two LEFHs with a little bit of vet.

Luchs meta vs soviets is even stronger now that you can push right past penals without upgrade. Makes T1-T2 builds easy to run rings around.

^OKW flamenade / healpack / stg / luchs steamroller mullered this opening, even with zis(es) on the field. LEIG cost change was noticeable and good, makes backteching more attractive than simply getting flak up. Can't speak for performance though, not close enough at that point to observe any difference.
5 Aug 2017, 12:05 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Intresting.

When i tested it in cheat mod i had 16 arty vs 16 arty. One by one shooting each other

Result: OKW arty won hard!!! Soviet arty got decrewed or killed complete. And most of the OKW arty survived.

FOW was out but maybe thats not working in cheatmode sometimes.
6 Aug 2017, 15:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

A little reminiscent of motorpool + 105mm. Replay to show [excessive?] strength of the ML20s wiping just about everything in base. I think the soviet howitzer is particularly strong because T3 units are in a pinch very scalable, SU76 in particular capable of dealing with higher tier units, meaning there's less need to counter an enemy tech with your own T4.

Equivalent as OKW would be T1+T2 (or more likely T2+T2) into howitzers, though I don't see it quite being as effective.
9 Aug 2017, 14:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

leIG is decent, but is far outclassed by the Mortar Pit. While the Mortar Pit does die quickly when focused by infantry, it's really inexpensive,l accurate, massive range, and does not bleed MP.

Hollow Charge isn't really useful. Sure, it gives the leIG a way to harm vehicles (and gives T1 some form of anti-tank power) but 120 damage is negligable.

Honestly don't know what to do with this ability, because if damage was upped to 160 double leIGs would one-shot Halftracks and Scout Cars, while a Snare (stun, damaged engine, blind, loader injured, etc.) might be a little too strong. (Of course, I'm theorycrafting here)
9 Aug 2017, 14:40 PM

leIG is decent, but is far outclassed by the Mortar Pit. While the Mortar Pit does die quickly when focused by infantry, it's really inexpensive,l accurate, massive range, and does not bleed MP.

Hollow Charge isn't really useful. Sure, it gives the leIG a way to harm vehicles (and gives T1 some form of anti-tank power) but 120 damage is negligable.

Honestly don't know what to do with this ability, because if damage was upped to 160 double leIGs would one-shot Halftracks and Scout Cars, while a Snare (stun, damaged engine, blind, loader injured, etc.) might be a little too strong. (Of course, I'm theorycrafting here)

Currently hollow charge damage is 80, which is indeed negligible. Maybe we can up it to 120-140? Alternatively, we can make it fire 2x 80-damage shots to prevent it from alpha-striking light vehicles off the game.

If you have an alternative idea for its Vet1, let us know.

The prime function of LeIGs against the mortar pit is to provide smoke for infantry units to close the gap; though it's not intended that indirect fire units are completely useless vs the pit either. We'll figure something out for the Pit.
10 Aug 2017, 00:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Currently hollow charge damage is 80, which is indeed negligible. Maybe we can up it to 120-140? Alternatively, we can make it fire 2x 80-damage shots to prevent it from alpha-striking light vehicles off the game.

If you have an alternative idea for its Vet1, let us know.

The prime function of LeIGs against the mortar pit is to provide smoke for infantry units to close the gap; though it's not intended that indirect fire units are completely useless vs the pit either. We'll figure something out for the Pit.

I like the 2x 80 damage shot idea. It's much more damage (much better a vehicle deterrent), but also has counterplay.

I never used the leIG to barrage the pit this match, but I also forgot the leIG had smoke. Should use it more liberally.
21 Aug 2017, 11:51 AM

2 replays from me and Denchicpsih. FBP 1.2.

And what did you tested? / found out?

Short Informations would be nice.

Need to test something for upload replay here?
Its just 2 FBP replays, first game - Mech assault vs Terror on Stalingrad map, second - Spec Ops vs NonDoc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★