Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
25 Jul 2017, 19:38 PM

Can i ask what did they change at the Mechanized Company?

Nothing, but a stronger Jackson makes Withdraw and Refit a much more appealing option.
25 Jul 2017, 21:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Penetration vs Armor value has them evenly matched, as it should be, because USF doesn't have anything better than the Sherman without Commanders.

USF only unit that can spot, without doctrines, is the M20.
Such a unit doesn't fit the USF Agressive playstyle, is why the M10 is usually superior in 1vs1, which you should know if you played it... Unless this is the playercard of your smurf account.

Just because I only play USF doesn't mean my input should be disregarded!

DansGame sherman > p4 by a ton.
25 Jul 2017, 23:33 PM

DansGame sherman > p4 by a ton.

I like the Sherman more but in my experience it comes down to RNG, or who supports their tank better, getting caught when using HE rounds can give the PZ4 an advantage.
25 Jul 2017, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2017, 04:36 AMLuciano

Dont forget to fix this one too, it needs to be like the coh1 forward hq, it needs to be capable and it shouldnt be able to convert a building into a fhq if it is in enemy or disconected territory

https://www.coh2.org/replay/62481/urban-defense-soviet-commander-comand-post

i really dont so fhq needing anything fixed.. its not op its not UP its fine as is. iwould like engis to be able to build them tho and not just infiltrate buildings both would be nice
26 Jul 2017, 08:41 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Good thing to lock the AT Satchels behind the PTRS "upgrade". Considered to additionally lock it behind the AT grenades package upgrade as well?
26 Jul 2017, 14:34 PM

I like the Sherman more but in my experience it comes down to RNG, or who supports their tank better, getting caught when using HE rounds can give the PZ4 an advantage.

If it comes down to RNG then the sherman is the clear winner in which is the better tank. It costs less, better AP and HE shells, non doctrinal smoke, crew repair, super glue, not to mention the bonus manpower gain from lower popcap + ability to cap while repairing. In addition has a significant advantage in accuracy debuff moving penalty. The p4 costs more and has more armor, that's it. Supporting your armor isn't determined by the tank but the player and faction.

There is plenty of ways to see where your opponets armor is in fog including engine noises, terrain being crushed and strategical thinking. Being caught out with HE loaded puts you at a disadvantage yes, but again you have smoke.
26 Jul 2017, 16:02 PM

If it comes down to RNG then the sherman is the clear winner in which is the better tank. It costs less, better AP and HE shells, non doctrinal smoke, crew repair, super glue, not to mention the bonus manpower gain from lower popcap + ability to cap while repairing. In addition has a significant advantage in accuracy debuff moving penalty. The p4 costs more and has more armor, that's it. Supporting your armor isn't determined by the tank but the player and faction.

There is plenty of ways to see where your opponets armor is in fog including engine noises, terrain being crushed and strategical thinking. Being caught out with HE loaded puts you at a disadvantage yes, but again you have smoke.

Sherman has more utily as it's the USF lategame, they don't have a tier above to access anything more powerful than that, the changes to veterancy make the Crew get Superglue and their increased repair speed a lot slower too.
PZ4 is 10 MP and 15 fuel more expensive, but it has better veterancy due to it's skirts, they remain evenly matched all things considered as Wehr has better tools to support their PZ4 outside of repairs, which the Sherman needs because it doesn't bounce anything ever... Besides a PZ4 shot.

That Smoke has a delay and has to be aimed, it isn't a Ninja Escape Smoke, it's better for supporting assaults.
26 Jul 2017, 17:44 PM

Sherman has more utily as it's the USF lategame, they don't have a tier above to access anything more powerful than that, the changes to veterancy make the Crew get Superglue and their increased repair speed a lot slower too.

Pershing?

PZ4 is 10 MP and 15 fuel more expensive, but it has better veterancy due to it's skirts,
Radio net is pretty decent ability when stacked.
they remain evenly matched all things considered as Wehr has better tools to support their PZ4 outside of repairs, which the Sherman needs because it doesn't bounce anything ever... Besides a PZ4 shot.
USF team weapons are fairly competant. Howitzer is good, m81 is decent, m1 57mm is decent with sabot, and the 50 cal is great. We're talking about it comparing to a pz4, so that's good it bounces those shells. If it was bouncing panther shells we'd have a problem.

That Smoke has a delay and has to be aimed, it isn't a Ninja Escape Smoke, it's better for supporting assaults.
it's a skill placement. that can be both a benefit and detrimental.
26 Jul 2017, 20:09 PM

Changing speed to tiger seems stupid to me

Armor is the problem....
26 Jul 2017, 20:25 PM
26 Jul 2017, 20:36 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

27 Jul 2017, 00:46 AM

Still this patch doesn't balance anything for wehrmacht in 2v2+ matches.

Penals still broken as hell with 45muni destroy everything satchels. When axis has 40muni grenade bundles which is totally random does it do even anything.

27 Jul 2017, 11:52 AM

With the changes to Stug Penetration I have to ask will this effect stugs countering KV8's. I have come across a few KV8's lately and the stug hasn't alway penetrated. Not to sure on range although I wouldn't have describe every encounter as max range. I don't really think the stug should have to close the distance especially if KV8 is accompanied by 2 zis guns..

So will this match up change or am I expected to get a panther????
27 Jul 2017, 12:24 PM

With the changes to Stug Penetration I have to ask will this effect stugs countering KV8's. I have come across a few KV8's lately and the stug hasn't alway penetrated. Not to sure on range although I wouldn't have describe every encounter as max range. I don't really think the stug should have to close the distance especially if KV8 is accompanied by 2 zis guns..

So will this match up change or am I expected to get a panther????

If you don't want to risk closing the distance, accept that a few of your shots won't penetrate. The Stug still has enormous RoF and will still be very efficient for the cost.

If you want to take the KV8 down faster either get a 2nd Stug, or close the distance; or play defensively and let the KV8 close the distance. The KV-8 has a tiny range (25), and it's not like it can hurt your Stug in anyway.
27 Jul 2017, 13:47 PM

if you guna nerf the stug, you have to put in the panther buffs....this just doesn't make any sense
27 Jul 2017, 18:13 PM

With current stug/command panther nerfs, shock frontline will become the meta, Mark my words
27 Jul 2017, 23:50 PM

If you don't want to risk closing the distance, accept that a few of your shots won't penetrate. The Stug still has enormous RoF and will still be very efficient for the cost.

What percentage are likely to bounce.

If you want to take the KV8 down faster either get a 2nd Stug, or close the distance; or play defensively and let the KV8 close the distance. The KV-8 has a tiny range (25), and it's not like it can hurt your Stug in anyway.

Not sure if you read all my previous post.

I don't really think the stug should have to close the distance especially if KV8 is accompanied by 2 zis guns..

I never completely understood the logic behind making stugs close the distance to improve penetration given that most heavies or expensive tanks are often accompanied by double At guns and infantry, as well as the fact that the stug is not the most agile of tanks.

I am not a huge fan of stugs and only make them occasionally if the need arises so I am not in a position to argue if they are op (in 1v1) but I would have though a more appropriate nerf was to adjust ROF or vet.

My main concern after this patch is sov meta will move to more heavier tanks and I will be forced to get a tiger or panther every game. I also have some concerns about KV8/Zis blobs (aka Capt price cheese) returning.
28 Jul 2017, 00:46 AM

Closing the distance with unturreted vehicles is pretty much the exact opposite of what you want to do with unturreted vehicles...
28 Jul 2017, 00:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Closing the distance with unturreted vehicles is pretty much the exact opposite of what you want to do with unturreted vehicles...

Well to finish off the StuG G with heavier vehicles, you generally want to close so it works both ways and StuG Gs are not particularly expensive.

On some numbers, max range, a StuG G will penetrate the IS-2 40% of the time and go through the KV series tanks 51% of the time. It was also generally never miss these tanks due to its high accuracy. Doesn't seem great until you realize you can generally get 2 StuG Gs to cover the majority of your AT purpose with their high ROF of around 4 seconds while TWP can still cripple the heavy tanks momentarily.
28 Jul 2017, 01:03 AM

I was speaking more generally in how unturreted vehicles function in the game, not about penetration values nor the StuG G against the very few and not-often used Allied heavy tanks.

Closing the distance against an opposing target puts unturreted vehicles in their most vulnerable position.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS