Login

russian armor

[SOV.] Make AT satchels exclusive to AT rifles?

9 Jul 2017, 14:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Hello,

I would like to discuss about Penals AT satchels.

Penals are anti - everything at this moment. Making them to sacrifice AI for AT power, is fair. Not like now, blobs of Penals with AT and regular sachels, what can go wrong.

This change would be a nice change, and to make axis tanks more viable option to counter penal blobs. With 'Ura' it's you retreat or lose a tank situation.

To conclude: lock AT sachels behind PTRS upgrade.
9 Jul 2017, 14:17 PM

Hello,

I would like to discuss about Penals AT satchels.

Penals are anti - everything at this moment. Making them to sacrifice AI for AT power, is fair. Not like now, blobs of Penals with AT and regular sachels, what can go wrong.

This change would be a nice change, and to make axis tanks more viable option to counter penal blobs. With 'Ura' it's you retreat or lose a tank situation.

To conclude: lock AT sachels behind PTRS upgrade.

Unless I've been missing it entirely, Penals lost Oorah! with the PTRS patch.

Demo package upgrade for satchels & demos fits better. Spending munis to unlock a muni ability is kind of meh in my opinion.
9 Jul 2017, 15:38 PM

Also among all snares, penal satchel charge is the easiest one to kite.
9 Jul 2017, 15:57 PM

Permanently Banned

Easies to kike and the most powefrul snare + collateral damage. Fear factor for this snare is maxmimum. You will never charge a tank attack through penals, or try to hunt down a tank.

9 Jul 2017, 17:01 PM
9 Jul 2017, 17:45 PM

Easies to kike and the most powefrul snare + collateral damage. Fear factor for this snare is maxmimum. You will never charge a tank attack through penals, or try to hunt down a tank.

I often drive 222 over penals when there is no soviet at nearby.penals throw satchel and die as 222 pursues them and kills them with explosion ;)
9 Jul 2017, 20:03 PM

The penals literatlly have to hug your vehicle if they want to pull the satchell off. Don't forget it costs like a 100 munis too I believe!
9 Jul 2017, 20:04 PM

I often drive 222 over penals when there is no soviet at nearby.penals throw satchel and die as 222 pursues them and kills them with explosion ;)

I do this too lol, too funny!
9 Jul 2017, 21:42 PM

The penals literatlly have to hug your vehicle if they want to pull the satchell off. Don't forget it costs like a 100 munis too I believe!

9 Jul 2017, 21:50 PM

Easies to kike

Our hate for the kikes unites us brother
10 Jul 2017, 06:13 AM

Oh no! I got that wrong!
10 Jul 2017, 06:19 AM

I do this too lol, too funny!

Me too, especially if it was a desperate situation anyway.

OP, penal snare is literally so easy to dodge it's actually funny. There's really no problems there unless you get yourself a tank with no gun that can only crush. They also don't have oorah anymore as someone else stated, and it's still way more expensive than other snares at 45 muni, which I guess makes a difference because volks faust costing like 30-35 instead of 25 was a problem.
10 Jul 2017, 10:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Me too, especially if it was a desperate situation anyway.

OP, penal snare is literally so easy to dodge it's actually funny. There's really no problems there unless you get yourself a tank with no gun that can only crush. They also don't have oorah anymore as someone else stated, and it's still way more expensive than other snares at 45 muni, which I guess makes a difference because volks faust costing like 30-35 instead of 25 was a problem.

Let's to be clear.

Faust costs 35 ammo, range is 20 if I read right, damage 100. Cost to have is 100/15 + 200/25 or 200/50, + lots of time. And volks squad 250MP.

Satchel costs 45 ammo, someone post range and damage. Cost to have: 100/15 and penals squad 300MP.

10 Jul 2017, 11:39 AM

Agree. Said it many times, unit should be either AT or AI.
10 Jul 2017, 19:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's to be clear.

Faust costs 35 ammo, range is 20 if I read right, damage 100. Cost to have is 100/15 + 200/25 or 200/50, + lots of time. And volks squad 250MP.

Satchel costs 45 ammo, someone post range and damage. Cost to have: 100/15 and penals squad 300MP.

The intrinsical difference between Satchel as a snare and any of the other snares in the game, is that once you trigger the action on any one of them, it will fire regardless of the position of the target.

AT satchel requires the target to be at 10 range during the whole animation. Damage dealt is 240.

Cost to tech for both is irrelevant as it's part of the natural teching process. Timing is what matters.
You get a truck deployed around 4:30 into the game. At around 4:00 you get 60 muni (flamer) which makes it relevant to have a snare.

PD: in the mod the satchel is behind the PTRS upgrade.
10 Jul 2017, 19:54 PM

The sticky satchel was supossed to be a snare, it deals way too much damage, everything that is a 1 click wipe ability must go from the game
11 Jul 2017, 03:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Penals god mod with mega explosion making the game looks starcraft.
11 Jul 2017, 05:17 AM

The intrinsical difference between Satchel as a snare and any of the other snares in the game, is that once you trigger the action on any one of them, it will fire regardless of the position of the target.

AT satchel requires the target to be at 10 range during the whole animation. Damage dealt is 240.

Cost to tech for both is irrelevant as it's part of the natural teching process. Timing is what matters.
You get a truck deployed around 4:30 into the game. At around 4:00 you get 60 muni (flamer) which makes it relevant to have a snare.

PD: in the mod the satchel is behind the PTRS upgrade.

Yep. Didn't they also decrease volks faust cost? I thought that happened a while ago.

Addressing the last line: huh. It does make sense but I think it's silly to complain about.
11 Jul 2017, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 19:54 PMLuciano
The sticky satchel was supossed to be a snare, it deals way too much damage, everything that is a 1 click wipe ability must go from the game

Shortest range, long animation, no tracking... In order to get hit by a satchel im pretty sure you have to be trying....
11 Jul 2017, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 19:54 PMLuciano
+1.

People really need to stop just smugly dismissing this issue with replies like :

and
OP, penal snare is literally so easy to dodge it's actually funny.

and
Shortest range, long animation, no tracking... In order to get hit by a satchel im pretty sure you have to be trying....

It is true that most of the time ( say 75% ) penals can be kited and At satchels are no real threat. However situations can easily arise where the axis player can find themselves at risk due to lack of care or misfortune.

The biggest problem is on urban style maps and maps that have pathing issues. There is nothing so frustrating as to be aware to the risk and try and avoid it only to have your tank/LV go full retard and start doing a 180 degree turn or get stuck on some object because map makers cannot help themselves and fill maps with clutter.

At satchels also become a real risk if, you misclick, hit a mine, experience lag or units get tangled at a choke point or tight space. Collateral damage is too great for 45muni. Late Game can also be an issue when trying to micro units everywhere and it becomes impossible to see every satchel, every At satchel and every demo.

The primary issue is frustration. When playing vs soviets, the axis player has to spend almost the entire game trying micro units to stay out of range of abilities that do not require tech and deliver too great a reward for their cost. Every time a tank or vehicle goes somewhere with blind corners or narrow gaps they are at risk.

I suspect this is more prevalent in 1v1 and predominantly a QOL issue rather than a balance issue.

Soviets these days are just obnoxious and tedious to play against and even to watch on streams.

Demo package upgrade for satchels & demos fits better. Spending munis to unlock a muni ability is kind of meh in my opinion.

+1.

Penals really feel quite braindead and linear to play against.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★