Login

russian armor

Want to improve my game! Please, give some info

8 Jul 2017, 21:16 PM

Hey guys! Let's get this straight, I'm a newbie I've played for like 40 hours multiplayer and I do make mistakes (like microing a tank and overall map awareness) but i really want to improve so i would like some tips from you guys! I main OKW because i like it's sturmies and vehicle focus. recently I've been losing a lot of games and I'mm curious how to switch things up... i'd like to know some build orders and commanders which one is which and which counters other factions better and overall playstyle. I thank you in advance for reaching out and helping me!

P.S. here is one of my replays where I've won against brit arty focus although it felt like he could have won the game any time. This is my goto strategy in most of games and how do I change it it to improve

8 Jul 2017, 21:59 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey guys! Let's get this straight, I'm a newbie I've played for like 40 hours multiplayer

Moved your Thread to Replay Review section
9 Jul 2017, 01:46 AM

The reality is that there is no tricks to improve the micro, the only way to improve it is playing the game. You can improve your gameplay by using hotkeys (i use grind hotkeys), control groups, the tactical map (it depends on the player, but i think it will be good for you if you have low apm (you need to rebind it with autohotkey or mouse software because relic hotkeys are retarded)). You also can watch replays and video tutorials. Also the game is high dependant on RNG and the some maps and factions are not properly balanced atm. :)

I recommend these channels to improve the game:

Tightrope and generalsgentlemen are the best casters atm, they know the game mechanics and the stats really well, and they put a really entertaining show. +Tightrope has tutorial videos.

Hans also has some tip videos on his channel

thats a copy paste from another post, as Gaddafi said, it is not a good idea playing only one faction, you should play with every faction
9 Jul 2017, 03:54 AM
Benefactor 355

Don't concentrate on micro. Your micro will naturally get better as you improve your general gameplay. IMO micro in coh2 is not as important as in other strategy games. You generally want to pay more attention to tactical and macro aspect of the game. Losing a few units on your level should not be a big deal if you outplay your opponent on strategic aspect.

Playing exclusively one faction (OKW in your case) is also a bad idea. You want to be proficient with all factions because that will give you a good idea which units to expect when and adapt accordingly.

Concentrate on your unit positioning and practice putting them in positions where they can deal the most damage. Make sure you have your flanks covered and push engagements you can win. Don't engage in situations where you are outnumbered/clearly unable to win. Try to have your squads/units on field at all times and soft retreat them for heals/repairs. Hard retreat only in dire situations.

Finally, you always want to analyze games, especially your own losses. Watching twitch streams of better players should also give you some advanced insight into general gameplay like build orders, strategic points on different maps and unit production/call in timings. I highly suggest you refrain from balance sections of coh2 related websites because those are full of butthurt crybabies who just bitch about their failures. Learning curve for coh2 is steep but once you get better it is loads of fun.

Goodl luck and have fun!

9 Jul 2017, 07:53 AM

I want to thank Luciano and Gaddafi for thorough review on your micro.

If you want to know some good build orders I recommend you to read OST mobile defence guide, USF Armor Company Guide or DevM's USF Guide or any of the upcoming guides.

Also we are launching Summer Mentoring Program in week or 2 so look every day at the news to not miss it. You can sign in there and get a mentor who will teach you how to play. And wants even better, it's for free.

I think it's pretty pointless reviewing a game, where you won.

Feel free to post here any other game, where you lose and don't know why (you was outplayed for example but don't know how)

I'm setting this green. If you have any other questions feel free to ask them.

Hector
11 Jul 2017, 10:41 AM

Thank you for your replies! I will consider everything you said and begin playing as other factions too to get to know my opponents better. I have basic idea of USSR and USF so I can counter some of the strategies but I'm completely unaware of UKF. Also as time goes on I might be posting replays where I lost and don't clearly see the reason why, as Hector suggested. Thanks again for your replies and sorry it took me so long to answer :D I'm a student and you all know how it goes :D
11 Jul 2017, 10:53 AM

Play Soviet, instant improvement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak