Login

russian armor

Not a single TD for ostheer

10 Jul 2017, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 18:24 PMnee
What's weird is that you ask a loaded question like Ostheer not having a "stock unit" for the TD role (a role you don't define, considering current units), but then immediately make the other assumption that they are without TDs entirely in the next sentence.

Hey calm down. I´m just asking why Ostheer do not have a single TD as a stock unit. Am I saying or asking something wrong? They do have Stugs, yes, but they are not purely Tank Destroyers. Ingame they were converted into one.

Showing a picture of unknown origins (and clearly ripped from a publication) hardly helps, I don't know why people do it. Are you suggesting those are the only tank destroyers that Relic can choose from?

Of course that I copy-pasted that image from another publication. I am not a designer, nor a tank engineer.

Anyways the answer is game design.
Thats the wierd part. They have more than 10 TD at their disposal, and included 0. Same thing with light tanks for Ost.

Naw OP is basically saying "I want these units to be stock in the game for Ostheer", and of course ignoring the three facts that Ostheer has good anti-tank, OKW has some units in the picture, and what's considered weird is often not someone else is doing something wrong.

We are not talking about AT-guns or OKW.
10 Jul 2017, 12:36 PM

TLDR: None faction should have 1 click "wunderwaffe" wonders :P

Brits have that Magical Barrier called "Brace". If thats not a 1 click "wunderwaffe" ability, then I dont know what it is.
10 Jul 2017, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 12:36 PMLeo251

Brits have that Magical Barrier called "Brace". If thats not a 1 click "wunderwaffe" ability, then I dont know what it is.

1st you are derailing thread right now

2nd brace is not op. Fire with mortars/leigts at emplacement until it braces itself, once the brace effect wears off, call in some hevier artillery like stuka dive bomb or use stuka/werfer to kill it.

In 1v1 you can even make a direct assault at the emplacement, either with tank or volks (flamenade), in higher gamemodes you will surely have some lategame arty.

Brace only prolongs emplacement lifespan, it doesn´t make it invincible
10 Jul 2017, 14:49 PM

We have the way too cost effective stug III that does that job nicely. If you don´t like it, try giving it some rotation speed and armor bulletins. You´d be amazed at how more cost effective it becomes with those.
nee
11 Jul 2017, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 12:33 PMLeo251

Of course that I copy-pasted that image from another publication. I am not a designer, nor a tank engineer.
I did not expect you to be a designer or a tank engineer, I expected you to state where that picture came from.
Otherwise I can say the law requires you to give me money and that I am not required to tell you where in the books I got that from, you just gotta gimme the bucks.

Thats the wierd part. They have more than 10 TD at their disposal, and included 0. Same thing with light tanks for Ost.
It doesn't matter if "they" have multiple vehicles are their disposal; game design made it where they needed or would feature zero. As stock unit that is, as if to say d doctrinal call-ins are entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

We are not talking about AT-guns or OKW.
YOu might not be, but the fact remains that multiple units you cite via the illustration are units found in another faction, doctrinally or not.

Here's a more important question: why should Ostheer feature non-doctrinal tank destroyer units?
11 Jul 2017, 05:05 AM

We have the way too cost effective stug III that does that job nicely. If you don´t like it, try giving it some rotation speed and armor bulletins. You´d be amazed at how more cost effective it becomes with those.

Wait really the bulletins actually help at all?
11 Jul 2017, 09:13 AM

STuG Love !!! Might be the one in the bulletins list .
11 Jul 2017, 09:19 AM

Wait really the bulletins actually help at all?

Yep, the rotation speed bulletin gives an armor bonus as well and then you have an armor bonus too. It helps greatly.
3 Aug 2017, 23:48 PM

If you don´t like it, try giving it some rotation speed and armor bulletins. You´d be amazed at how more cost effective it becomes with those.

Same thing happened to me with the Su76. I thought it was trash until I tried out the rotation and reload speed bulletins and it can do work. Vets up quite quickly, and hits super high efficiency numbers due to its low cost. However managing two or three is a micro nightmare compared to managing Stugs since Suchkas are made of paper held together with hopes and dream, one slipup or good flank from the enemy and it's dead in 3 shots to most things.
4 Aug 2017, 09:35 AM

Same thing happened to me with the Su76. I thought it was trash until I tried out the rotation and reload speed bulletins and it can do work. Vets up quite quickly, and hits super high efficiency numbers due to its low cost. However managing two or three is a micro nightmare compared to managing Stugs since Suchkas are made of paper held together with hopes and dream, one slipup or good flank from the enemy and it's dead in 3 shots to most things.

Yeah Stug and Su76 are just purely retarded when it comes to pathing. Su76s are just very good at what they do, but they are made of paper yeah.
A_E
4 Aug 2017, 10:07 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

What on earth, OP needs to know his history, the Stug-III and variants are the most combat effective Tank Destroyers of all time from a quantity of tanks knocked out standpoint. Just because it had the designation assault gun originally does not mean it hasn't knocked out more AFV's than any other tank destroyer ever, which it alone holds that distinction.

This is due to it being the most combat effective AFV Nazi germany had during the biggest tank battles of all time against numerically superior Soviet forces amongst other mitigating factors, I should mention that Stug III kill statistics are inflated, but as are most 'kill stats' from WW2, the only thing you can glean from reading into statistics for amount of tanks destroyed is that proportionally Stug III's claimed the most in the entire conflict.

Anyone that knows anything about military history would cringe reading "Not a single TD for ostheer" and then "you decided to simulate an assault gun (Stug)" - for shame OP!

Recommended viewing:

5 Aug 2017, 03:48 AM

Wew, AEcoh laying down the smackdown.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak