Login

russian armor

CoH3: Scenario/front - VOTE NOW!!!!

6 Jul 2017, 13:44 PM
Donator 11

If its will be Italy relic must to do Polska and Maori docs Kreygasm.

Wojtek the bear muni boost ability,

6 Jul 2017, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 13:44 PMArray

Wojtek the bear muni boost ability,

6 Jul 2017, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2017, 16:06 PMWygrif
Pacific war. It's the big theater that hasn't been explored by the franchise, and if it's fair to give the Germans the Ostwind(40 built) it's fair to give the Japanese the Chi-Nu(140-160 built.)

The Cold War would also be fun, but it's hard to see how they'd do stuff like air support without it feeling either super cheesy or irrelevant.

The problem with Pacific theater is the reality. Japan went to war with a WWII navy and air force, but a WWI army. This was enough vs the Chinese and when they got the drop on the US and Brits early in the war, but later it was really all about rooting out dug in troops that wouldn't surrender. They didn't even have an AT weapon that could take out US medium tanks. (IIRC in some places the only plan was a 500 lb aviation bomb in a covered over pit.... with a soldier with a hammer to set it off!)

That is why air simulators and naval combat games in this region have worked where ground combat really hasn't (without buffing the japanese kit and units).

To actually make it somewhat historical it would the Japanese forces would be all emplacements with "brace". How much fun that would be!! (~s)
6 Jul 2017, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 14:04 PMAvNY

The problem with Pacific theater is the reality. Japan went to war with a WWII navy and air force, but a WWI army. This was enough vs the Chinese and when they got the drop on the US and Brits early in the war, but later it was really all about rooting out dug in troops that wouldn't surrender. They didn't even have an AT weapon that could take out US medium tanks. (IIRC in some places the only plan was a 500 lb aviation bomb in a covered over pit.... with a soldier with a hammer to set it off!)

That is why air simulators and naval combat games in this region have worked where ground combat really hasn't (without buffing the japanese kit and units).

To actually make it somewhat historical it would the Japanese forces would be all emplacements with "brace". How much fun that would be!! (~s)

I guess I don't really see the problem with buffing them a bit. We've accepted buffs for almost every other army in various places--(the Germans have way too many tanks and far too much mechanized equipment, the Sherman performs too well, etc, etc.) the Japanese had access to equipment which could be made to work--the Type-4 70mm rocket launcher and the Ho-Ni for example.

The other option is to balance around the disparate objectives of the two sides. Japanese equipment can be inferior, because they win if they either inflict a certain number of casualties or they hold out for a long enough time.
6 Jul 2017, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 15:22 PMWygrif

I guess I don't really see the problem with buffing them a bit. We've accepted buffs for almost every other army in various places--(the Germans have way too many tanks and far too much mechanized equipment, the Sherman performs too well, etc, etc.) the Japanese had access to equipment which could be made to work--the Type-4 70mm rocket launcher and the Ho-Ni for example.

The other option is to balance around the disparate objectives of the two sides. Japanese equipment can be inferior, because they win if they either inflict a certain number of casualties or they hold out for a long enough time.

Possibly.

I would add a lot more axis buffs to the list, which was both to make them competitive and to please the fanbois. Axis cats can appear on any battlefield and in equal or greater numbers than mediums. Also 50% of them don't break down or run out of fuel in any given battle. Their old men and boys can become as good fighters (or better) if given enough time and casualties in battle. And their super experienced and battle hardened veterans have lots of room to get even better given a bit more combat and casualties.

Add the allies nerfs (because I am having fun with this): They don't control the skies and slow stukas can attrit them. And they don't make the whole front blow up with their large volumes of tubes and ammunition (and speedy response in the case of US and Brits).
6 Jul 2017, 16:06 PM

People voting for Africa campaign when they know Brits will be in there. Will most likely be quadruple emplacements as first unit!

yes brits as a first faction sounds good for me, i like brits

so relic make coh3 in africa
6 Jul 2017, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 15:29 PMAvNY

Possibly.

I would add a lot more axis buffs to the list, which was both to make them competitive and to please the fanbois. Axis cats can appear on any battlefield and in equal or greater numbers than mediums. Also 50% of them don't break down or run out of fuel in any given battle. Their old men and boys can become as good fighters (or better) if given enough time and casualties in battle. And their super experienced and battle hardened veterans have lots of room to get even better given a bit more combat and casualties.

Add the allies nerfs (because I am having fun with this): They don't control the skies and slow stukas can attrit them. And they don't make the whole front blow up with their large volumes of tubes and ammunition (and speedy response in the case of US and Brits).

Yeah. At the end of the day the history should be a roadmap, not handcuffs. If it gets in the way of fun (like accurately representing US artillery would) it should go on the garbage heap. With this in mind I think Japan can absolutely be made viable--Marines vs IJA would have a roughly similar balance to Wher vs Soviets.
6 Jul 2017, 18:37 PM
Donator 11

One other problem with Pacific campaign is that jungle is involved, and whilst its easy to think of lots of battlefields that weren't, you couldn't really miss them out without compromising the theme.

Jungle maps would mostly suck - like Bryant Forest with mosquitos.
6 Jul 2017, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 16:13 PMWygrif

Yeah. At the end of the day the history should be a roadmap, not handcuffs. If it gets in the way of fun (like accurately representing US artillery would) it should go on the garbage heap. With this in mind I think Japan can absolutely be made viable--Marines vs IJA would have a roughly similar balance to Wher vs Soviets.

OMG, don't ever say this to a marine.
6 Jul 2017, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 18:37 PMArray

One other problem with Pacific campaign is that jungle is involved, and whilst its easy to think of lots of battlefields that weren't, you couldn't really miss them out without compromising the theme.

They could go to a whole new level of "gritty game design" by modeling the dysentery both armies suffered.
6 Jul 2017, 19:42 PM

The difference is that Montgormery's forces do not include cancer Comet or BS Land Mattress. I want 3 Brit divisions,
- A tank commander division that have lots of support tank like M3 Grant or Crusader tank and maybe the heaviest one is Matilda (always have soft spot for the lady since Blitzkrieg days),
- A commando division (commando in .50 cal Jeeps trolling),
- An artillery division (basically vCOH Infantry Company).

Rommel's division I think will be:
- Logistic doctrine (scorched earth + Italian units)
- Luftwaffe (Flak 88 + Stuka)
- Heavy Assault (Tiger + Off-map support)

I want the map to be really large (something like Steel Division) so we have room to maneuver and make use of troops transport (which is a big factor in African theater).

again: NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY WITH PANZER 2/3 and Matildas except the 30 guys here in this forum.

The first thing which will be cried about if such a scenario ever happpend would be:

MUH WHERE IS MY CHURCHILL TANK AND PANTHER I DON'T KNOW THESE TANKS. THOSE ARE WRONG TANKS
6 Jul 2017, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 18:37 PMArray

I actually think that jungles could conceivably add pretty interesting terrain into the game. Places where big tanks and heavy equipment doesn't fit create interesting decisions. Do I focus on sub-optimal units that can go anywhere, or do I buy that tank knowing I've got to somehow catch him on open ground?
6 Jul 2017, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 21:04 PMWygrif

I actually think that jungles could conceivably add pretty interesting terrain into the game. Places where big tanks and heavy equipment doesn't fit create interesting decisions. Do I focus on sub-optimal units that can go anywhere, or do I buy that tank knowing I've got to somehow catch him on open ground?

how do you even see your units?
7 Jul 2017, 11:16 AM

All I need is another CoH game. WWII mid-late war again with all the lessons learned from CoH1 and CoH2 in a better engine and graphics.
7 Jul 2017, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2017, 22:06 PMArray

how do you even see your units?

Colored outlines could work okay.
8 Jul 2017, 05:55 AM

IMO the pacific is more real thing to happen, cuz Relic can still add a lot of factions to the game and it could actually add new game machanics to the game, but knowing how Lelic is lazy, whey gonna probably made some cold war WW3 game or vietnam war
8 Jul 2017, 14:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

*****Bump*****

Almost 200 votes. Keep voting guys.
8 Jul 2017, 15:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would like to see pacific front, but that would be much harder for them to make work.

North africa seems the most likely, it's the easiest to develop expansions for. Starting with brits/rommel, expanding with italy/usa. Easy peasy. Jap expansions would have to get more creative. I don't see it happening. Not while there is low-hanging fruit.
8 Jul 2017, 15:15 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Afrika Korps with Rommel in a singleplayer campaign leading up to the end of Italy. If done correctly, would be amazing to have in CoH3. That way we have half desert maps, half Italian maps. I was thinking of adding the Italian faction, but the Italians were sorta obsolete after 1941.....

Or

We could add the pacific theater. The only problem is the Japanese had inferior weapons and resources compared to the U.S., especially towards the end of the war.

Whatever the case, CoH3 needs something unique to make it stand out, especially considering how repetitive WW2 games seem to be.

+10000
10 Jul 2017, 13:40 PM

Anything that is a WW2 setting. Africa and Italy sounds good but whatever is best for the gamepaly/balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★