Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Not so Balanced US Forces need real Buff

PAGES (13)down
3 Jul 2017, 07:30 AM

Hello
i should say US Forces are the weakest faction in Company of Heroes 2 and Have no chance against Wehrmacht and OKW Pro players. This is why DevM couldnt beat Luvnest with US Forces(as you know DevM is one of the Best US Players in coh2)

here i found some Changes for US FORCES

-Adding Sniper to US Forces. ( you can Build it from Platoon Command Post)
-Moving MG 50cal to Barracks and Mortar to Platoon Command Post.
-Increasing Bazooka prise from 50 to 70 Munition while increasing its Damage and Range.
-US Forces Bunker shall not need MG activation (its waste of 60 Munition) Just like in Company of Heroes 1,
as you Build The Bunker it should have the MG on it.

-decreasing Fuel and Munition Cache prise from 200 Manpower to 180 Manpower.
-Sherman E8 should enter the battlefield without needing Major Activation ( just like before )
-120 Fuel is too much for Building Major/Battalion Command Post.(90 Fuel was ok and changing to to 120 Fuel wasnt really necessary)

-Captain Shall spawn with Bazooka.

--------END--------- Thanks!
3 Jul 2017, 07:43 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

DevM got outplayed that is why he lost. Luvnest beat Hans with USF in the semi finals. Reading something like that instantly made me disregard your changes, which are independently bad.
3 Jul 2017, 10:00 AM

DevM got outplayed that is why he lost. Luvnest beat Hans with USF in the semi finals. Reading something like that instantly made me disregard your changes, which are independently bad.

These Changes might not be so good but USF in some maps has really no chance
3 Jul 2017, 10:07 AM

Regardless of these top players do you Accept That US Forces are weake ?

Besides that dont you think that US Forces are weak in most maps and situations ?
3 Jul 2017, 10:09 AM

These Changes might not be so good but USF in some maps has really no chance

Then veto those maps? There are some maps where axis are heavily disadvantaged (house maps usually) and there are maps where allies are disadvantaged (wide, open maps). The changes you suggest are so incredibly over the top, they would probably break the game on its own.
3 Jul 2017, 10:16 AM

Then veto those maps? There are some maps where axis are heavily disadvantaged (house maps usually) and there are maps where allies are disadvantaged (wide, open maps). The changes you suggest are so incredibly over the top, they would probably break the game on its own.

Tell us your Opinion about those Changes ? +reason
3 Jul 2017, 10:27 AM

in Addition Vetoing map is not the Solution.
3 Jul 2017, 10:30 AM

here i found some Changes for US FORCES

-Increasing Bazooka prise from 50 to 70 Munition while increasing its Damage and Range.
-US Forces Bunker shall not need MG activation (its waste of 60 Munition) Just like in Company of Heroes 1,
as you Build The Bunker it should have the MG on it.

-Sherman E8 should enter the battlefield without needing Major Activation ( just like before )
-120 Fuel is too much for Building Major/Battalion Command Post.(90 Fuel was ok and changing to to 120 Fuel wasnt really necessary)

--------END--------- Thanks!

- Sniper is OK, except some fanboy would say it's not real.
- USF Mortar is trash, move it to Platoon does not help it anything. Although 50 cal may be better if it come earlier (only require grenade/weapon upgrade in barrack), allow it to get to position before Axis light vehicle arrive.
- Bazooka work as it is, and on borderline of OP. No need for change, except giving Paratrooper RR with that cost would be great.
- About bunker, in exchange of 60 munition, there will be 20 fuel increase in cost along with it, just like CoH1, what do you think?

- Other faction cost 200manpower to build bulletin, you could slap a bulletin if you want cost reduction that much.
- People will keep skipping major to bring two E8 against one panzer IV, and that's not funny at all.
- Any other faction suffer high fuel for late tier, why USF is exception then?
- Promoting captain would only reduce Lieutenant usefulness, which is in bad state even now.
3 Jul 2017, 11:02 AM
Strategist Badge

Firstly may i welcome you to the site. Secondly if you are having trouble winning with USF maybe we can help you learn? If you go over to the 'replay review' section we can help.

But if you don't want to do that, i might be able to help you with some conceptual ways you should be trying to play USF. What game mode do you play? 1v1? 2v2? and what more specifically are you struggling with?
3 Jul 2017, 11:18 AM

Tell us your Opinion about those Changes ? +reason

-US Forces Bunker shall not need MG activation (its waste of 60 Munition)

1. Adding a sniper is a huge change to a faction, atm that's what keeps Ost alive to some degree. How would that sniper look like? How would it relate to other snipers?

2. Having a .50cal available right from the start is pretty huge, too. The .50cal has excellent supression and does considerable damage agaisnt light vehicle. Having this unit available from the start would be strong, especially in combination with the best early-game stock infantry.

3. You have to consider that you can equip literally any unit with Zooks, whereas Germans only have a certain type of unit to equip them with hand-held at. Having a Schreck-like infantry at, which you can spam on Echelons/RE, could lead to the good old Volks-Blob times.

4. If the bunker doesnt need ammo to activate the mg, then it should cost fuel, just like in CoH1. The fighting pit is pretty bad tbh, but USF are designed to be a mobile faction. Use it to cover a defensive cutoff or smth. Not needing any ammo at all might be a bit too good.

5. Good luck in team games when USF can spam caches, even though 20 mp doesnt sound so much.

6. NO, NO, NO! We do not need more of this medium call-in spam. It should be the other way round, all mediums should be hidden away behind tech (yes, M4C I am looking at you).

7. Reducing the Major price by 30 is a huge deal, because it messes up Sherman timings etc. In addition, the Major gives you non-doctrinal arty/recons and can be used as FRP. Messing with the times of a unit like this has a larger impact on the game than you might think.

Summary: Many of the changes are over the top and would probably seriously mess up the balance in some if not all game modes. If you would implement all of those changes at once, that would be pretty broken. We might discuss some changes here and there, but not changes on a scale like this.
3 Jul 2017, 11:20 AM

USF only need some decent lategame unit
3 Jul 2017, 11:28 AM

Remember the days when every fifth "balance debate" were big swooping dramatic discussions about minutia and power dynamics at the very least, not just "I play faction X like Y, please make it viable".

Not to discourage you too much OP, or seem too too crotchety, but I refer you to Findeed's post.
3 Jul 2017, 12:00 PM

Firstly may i welcome you to the site. Secondly if you are having trouble winning with USF maybe we can help you learn? If you go over to the 'replay review' section we can help.

But if you don't want to do that, i might be able to help you with some conceptual ways you should be trying to play USF. What game mode do you play? 1v1? 2v2? and what more specifically are you struggling with?

Hello
Thank you for your offer
yeah man i mostly play 1v1 and 2v2 with my buddy ( my buddy mostly goes with British Force )
i would really appreciate if you help me and teach me some new strategies

3 Jul 2017, 12:24 PM

- Sniper is OK, except some fanboy would say it's not real.
- USF Mortar is trash, move it to Platoon does not help it anything. Although 50 cal may be better if it come earlier (only require grenade/weapon upgrade in barrack), allow it to get to position before Axis light vehicle arrive.
- Bazooka work as it is, and on borderline of OP. No need for change, except giving Paratrooper RR with that cost would be great.
- About bunker, in exchange of 60 munition, there will be 20 fuel increase in cost along with it, just like CoH1, what do you think?

- Other faction cost 200manpower to build bulletin, you could slap a bulletin if you want cost reduction that much.
- People will keep skipping major to bring two E8 against one panzer IV, and that's not funny at all.
- Any other faction suffer high fuel for late tier, why USF is exception then?
- Promoting captain would only reduce Lieutenant usefulness, which is in bad state even now.

yeah man USF really need Sniper. about Mortar i really have no idea why Relic Decresed its Range.
about Bazooka i should say its has 0 Damage to German Tanks such as P4 and Panther (if its going to give no damage to German Havy Tanks then why shoould we Active it ?)

in ragard with bunkers ; your offer is really logical. Building bunker with 125 Manpower and 20 Fuel is cool.

-about Fuel and Munition Caches ; every player doesnt have that Bulletin.
-if people keep skipping Major why Soviet players dont keep skipping Build Tank Factory and bring M4C Sherman easily ?

3 Jul 2017, 12:27 PM

USF only need some decent lategame unit

yeah Why USF dont have something like Jagtiger or Elefant Tank-Destroyer ?
3 Jul 2017, 12:57 PM

USF is fine, the only thing which is cancer for USF vs is OKW kubel (spam) on long range maps in early game. Thats why I think a WC51 Jeep in the Barracks would be an awesome change but thats all
3 Jul 2017, 13:42 PM

Hello
Thank you for your offer
yeah man i mostly play 1v1 and 2v2 with my buddy ( my buddy mostly goes with British Force )
i would really appreciate if you help me and teach me some new strategies

You may want to visit State Office forum and look around there. You can discuss there any strategy, faction or even post a replay and we will review it for you.

Also if you want a mentor, you can create a thread in forums -> workshop -> mentoring, where you´ll ask for him and sooner or later some nice person will come and teach you ;)
3 Jul 2017, 19:16 PM

Thats Great guys
i was in 2vs2
me (USF) my friend (British)
Enemies (OKW) and (OST)
OST guy brought an elephant tank Destroyer i flanked him and killed him
Then he Brought Second elephant me and my buddy destroyed that elephant again
then he Brought third elephant. Why OST should bring elephant continuously ??
thats not really fun. Destroying such heavy tank Destroyers is not really easy

in my Opinion it should be Like Tiger Ace only 1 time you can call them into the Battlefield.
3 Jul 2017, 19:19 PM

You may want to visit State Office forum and look around there. You can discuss there any strategy, faction or even post a replay and we will review it for you.

Also if you want a mentor, you can create a thread in forums -> workshop -> mentoring, where you´ll ask for him and sooner or later some nice person will come and teach you ;)

aha okay! Thanks a lot buddy ;)
3 Jul 2017, 19:46 PM

The United States and the Soviet Union, the worst faction right now (even if someone says that the penal OP)
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS