Login

russian armor

COH3 Request: Bring back infantry armor types

• This thread is locked
19 May 2021, 16:49 PM

If COH3 is released within this millenium, I hope infantry armor stays as far away from it as possible. It's incredibly unintuitive and is needlessly confusing for newer players. MP40s in Company of Heroes fire the same bullets right? Well, why does that bullet suddenly gain homing properties against paratroopers? Do they wear armor magnetized to attract 9x19 Parabellum? I played CoH for a few years and I never caught on to *any* of that. It's not communicated to the player in any way. I only learned of infantry armor years later when I decided to visit the CoH1 wiki for funsies.

I think it makes sense to balance the game around adjusting units speciically, not how accurate/ damaging two other factions' weapons are against it based on what arbitrary "type" of unit they are. Which is unknown to the average player.

I suppose that I can see its advantages. (E.g. "Oh well paratroopers are quite good against grenadiers but against volksgrenadiers they are too strong so lets just give volks access to such and such armor later on in the game so they are less susceptible to the M1919s" I'm not saying that that's the way it is in the game I'm just making up an example BTW)But there should be some kind of in-game explanation for it or at the very least a unit encyclopedia (A La Men of War 2) where every single infantry model is listed page by page, and you can see the exact stats of that infantry model.

In men of war, I can access the encyclopedia and see that this recon team model actually has access to the "Aimed Shot" perk which would allow it to snipe enemy soldiers if it were to loot a sniper rifle off of an enemy. Or that this militiaman infantry model has lower health and lower accuracy with rifles than the average soldier. All of this data is accessible within the game. I think that CoH should have that as well. In fact, I think they should with or without infantry armor added to the next title.
19 May 2021, 16:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This thread is 4 years old, please don't necro.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★