Login

russian armor

Urban Defense = I win button on some maps?

1 Jul 2017, 23:10 PM

I'm mainly a 4v4 player, I don't remotely enjoy the game in any other format, so bear that in mind while I type this.

Twice I got matched up against this guy named *Lord* or something. I suspect he was on an arranged team.

And here's my fuckin' problem. I've had this problem throughout the entire history of this game, ever since Urban Defense got added. There are just some maps, where that FUCKING commander is a god damn "I WIN" button.

Before the 3 minute mark, he stakes out a house, very close to say one of our fuels or a cutoff, and then we're sapped for resources, so long as that house, and it's infantry and in close proximity to it. Not to mention it's often in a retreat path, so if I pull back my units, they get decrewed on the retreat, retreating around that house.

The brit them comes up from behind with his mg/tommy's flame bren carrier, and then sets up a mortar pit, and like that, they build some AT guns to counter the flame halftrack, and it's game fuckin' over.

At this stage of the game, we don't have say Sturmtigers, or walking stukas.

Some maps are just filled with brick houses. And the houses can be fucking retarded, they can be tiny as hell, yet made of brick so they're hard to kill, and that's good enough to set up an Urban Defense FHQ.

I played a lot of COH1, I remember FHQ's, I don't remember them being such a BITCH to deal with though, unlike in this game.

I swear that Urban Defense commander, there is only ONE FUCKING COMMANDER IN THIS GAME THAT I FUCKING HATE AND THINK IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, AND THAT'S URBAN DEFENSE

Just pisses me off, the game is not fucking fun when they're allowed to pull those bullshit tactics on me. I don't even feel outplayed, I feel like it was bad game design.

Edit: Here's an idea relic, for how to deal with FHQ, instead of 4 vetoes, give me 8, then I can untick every single urban map so I can't fall victim to this dumbass I win button tactic.
2 Jul 2017, 07:16 AM
Patrion 15

Feelin better now?
2 Jul 2017, 09:06 AM

I'm mainly a 4v4 player, I don't remotely enjoy the game in any other format, so bear that in mind while I type this.

Twice I got matched up against this guy named *Lord* or something. I suspect he was on an arranged team.

And here's my fuckin' problem. I've had this problem throughout the entire history of this game, ever since Urban Defense got added. There are just some maps, where that FUCKING commander is a god damn "I WIN" button.

Before the 3 minute mark, he stakes out a house, very close to say one of our fuels or a cutoff, and then we're sapped for resources, so long as that house, and it's infantry and in close proximity to it. Not to mention it's often in a retreat path, so if I pull back my units, they get decrewed on the retreat, retreating around that house.

The brit them comes up from behind with his mg/tommy's flame bren carrier, and then sets up a mortar pit, and like that, they build some AT guns to counter the flame halftrack, and it's game fuckin' over.

Some maps are just filled with brick houses. And the houses can be fucking retarded, they can be tiny as hell, yet made of brick so they're hard to kill, and that's good enough to set up an Urban Defense FHQ.

I played a lot of COH1, I remember FHQ's, I don't remember them being such a BITCH to deal with though, unlike in this game.

I swear that Urban Defense commander, there is only ONE FUCKING COMMANDER IN THIS GAME THAT I FUCKING HATE AND THINK IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, AND THAT'S URBAN DEFENSE

Just pisses me off, the game is not fucking fun when they're allowed to pull those bullshit tactics on me. I don't even feel outplayed, I feel like it was bad game design.

Edit: Here's an idea relic, for how to deal with FHQ, instead of 4 vetoes, give me 8, then I can untick every single urban map so I can't fall victim to this dumbass I win button tactic.

As Wehrmacht you have 2 options to deal with FHQ spam: Either you go t1 and spam (2-4) mortars or you skip t1 and rush t2 for flamer 251 asap, cos then it is very unlikely that there's alrdy an AT gun at the front when your 251 hits.

Also, on urban maps it shouldn't be that hard to dodge AT guns with the 251 to be perfectly honest, just send some pioneers or Pgrens next to the 251 for some scouting instead of running into AT guns or snares like a chicken.

And don't forget that a flamer 251 can shoot through most of the shot-/ sightblockers of a map with the use of "ground attack"!! Most of the "casual players" don't know this trick

One of the OKW teammates should rush stuka just to go save, but the other 2 teammates should tech normally ofc. And keep in mind that every single FHQ costs 300mp/60fuel , means it delays the soviet teching HARD.

This strat is powerfull on certain maps, but definitely not an auto-win button anymore vs players who know what they are doing since penals got their flamers removed.
2 Jul 2017, 11:31 AM

this commanders + partizant tactics + lorch = heaven
6 Jul 2017, 17:17 PM

Yeah, I'm also a 4v4 player, mostly Allied, and you know what i fucking hate ? Everything about Axis late game.

When I play Axis though, you know what I love ? Everything about Axis late game.
7 Jul 2017, 11:26 AM

OKW walking stuka will be able to bring almost any building down in one single volley. This should effectively solve your problem any time you have just one OKW player on your side.

If you can't handle this strat before the walking stuka arrives (which is like 8-10 minutes max.) then you probably have some much more serious issues. A replay might help.
7 Jul 2017, 14:57 PM

Try Mortar HT (Sdkfz.250) incendiary barrage. It is good against both FHQ and Mortar Pit.

Also they say that Germans in WW2 indeed didn't liked CQC and urban warfare in general and often came down to forums to blow off some steam.

EDIT: Reminded me of one good old WoW video. Here's adapted phrase from it:
"I can handle any other commander with my eyes closed, but against Urban Defence Tactics my chances are 50/50? BALANCE ISSUE!"
7 Jul 2017, 18:46 PM

What can i say, noob tactic thats all :snfPeter: but yes on maps like lorch its sometimes gg
7 Jul 2017, 18:55 PM

The problem with this commander is that it takes really long to kill the fhq when there are too many brick buildings together which they really take long time to destroy, i face this problem sometimes in arnhem checkpoint, there is really not much that can be do atm due to the lack of relic balance patches and support. I think one of the ideas to fix this it would be to make the fhq capturable like in coh1.
7 Jul 2017, 23:14 PM

I swear that FRP of OKW, there is only ONE FRP IN THIS GAME THAT I FUCKING HATE AND THINK IT SHOULD BE REMOVED, AND THAT'S OKWs FRP

To Balance Urban Defense vs OKW FRP point should be added to Urban Defense as well add posibility to build it on any map even if there is no buildins
24 Jul 2017, 12:47 PM

I thought mortar half track was the standard counter to FHQs?

The flame barrage will burn houses down right? Only 40 muni and you dont need teck. Risk free, pull MHT back from counter barraging mortars and they are going to think twice about building more and wasting fuel when you can burn it down risk free?
15 Jan 2018, 13:39 PM

Using Fire attacks many times against the same Structure can put the Building On fire.

I think Fire is your best friend against this tactic., And of course taking Action to safe cover The unit advaces from that point., Maybe you cannot "Kill Them all" But can Contain and move elsewhere in the map.,

I think that a big difference between players and great players is how their undestand the game and prioritize their pool of resources in a more useful place.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★