Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
29 Jun 2017, 06:42 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

High impact with the new changes of US in the forum and mod steam. This faction attracts lots of feedback.
29 Jun 2017, 07:05 AM
Patrion 26

Is it possible to change the position of some abilities in the grid?

I hate that if a unit has one ability it is sometimes on the Y key and sometimes on the V key.

Shouldn’t this be the same for all units? If a unit has one ability then it is on Y, if two then Y and X, if three then Y X C, if four Y X C V?
29 Jun 2017, 07:48 AM

USF weapons drop cost lots MP.
While glorios British just pay for 150 munitions and what they get is ;
- one AT gun and HMG
- aoe medkit like Osteer Medical supply drops
- faster reinforce in the target friendly sector

Something should look at IMO . Cant wait to see some change after mod team move to change British one .
29 Jun 2017, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 00:16 AMAlphrum
all excellent changes, just dont agree with kubel as a starting unit. All factions start with a unit that has a use all game, kubel usefulness is map dependent and his little use mid-lategame.

+1

Give them volts as a starting unit
29 Jun 2017, 09:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here something I would like to changed a bit, it is a bit off topic. I would like to see a disable capture on Infiltration units. This would help these units sneak around the field since the capture zone can take up large portions of the map for these units to move. It would help partisans to sneakly lay mines while stormtroopers can help lay and wait for Close the Pocket.

In one of my mods I called it Shh....We are sneaking.
29 Jun 2017, 09:16 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

If volks are given as a started unit, Conscripts, Gren, riflemen must also be given.

Kubel is a good started unit. When British come I suppose they will get medics.
29 Jun 2017, 09:51 AM

Stug has 640 which means it can take three AT gun shots and snare with a little bit of HP left unlike the Jackson which will die

Stug -G has 560 HP (480 for -E) M36 has 600.

Couldn't that be applied to any medium tank like Cromwell, Sherman, or T-76 against Stugs, Panthers, or Jagdpanzer?

The range advantage of M36 over medium is 15 range. The range advantage of the stug is 10 and Stug runs the risk of being circle strafed by the fast Cromwell and T-34/76.

In addition the Stug has lower mobility, accuracy on the move, does less damage and can actually bounce at max range.

The Panther has although it has 5 less range than M36 has far less accuracy and it is not designed to counter mediums but to counter heavies.

That leaves the JP that does have more range than M36 but has pathetic penetration compared to it making suitable to counter mediums only since it straggles against heavies, although its cost is comparable.

If the Jackson far accuracy and new buff prove too much for Axis medium tanks then reducing it's far accuarcy should be compensated by heavies target size. Would that work? Maybe earning it's accuracy back through veterancy

Reducing accuracy would work and it something that should be done for all TDS with range over 50. In addition the target size of mediums could go down while the target size of the Super heavies could go up to further increase the difference.

I would take a bit further and lower the damage to 160 for most weapons and giving heavy TD extra damage vs super heavies (or have the extra damage via ability maybe AP rounds?).
29 Jun 2017, 09:54 AM

The problem there is that usf has no alternative to the jackson for dedicated AT units. Ostheer has stugs and panthers but usf only has jackson nondoctrinally. Stug is also 90 fuel compared to 145 for Jackson. Besides, it's not like usf lategame is OP or even close to it without calliopes, which got nerfed in the revamp.

Well USF do not need dedicated AT to handle PZIV they have bazookas, ATGs, Stuarts, Sherman's. Stug is designed as counter to medium and Panther as counter to heavies while M36 can do both from greater range.
29 Jun 2017, 09:58 AM

Are people really against the buffs that will allow the only stock TD option that USF has to finally do it's job?

And what is it Job? to counter all enemy vehicles from max range? Why can't the JP do the same? Why is stug designed to counter mediums and Panther heavies? Why USF have all this options in dealing with PZIVs?

As I pointed out M36 should either have the Job of countering to heavies/Super heavies or it should simply changes place with doctrinal M10 which some people prefer over the M36. It not like USF have trouble dealing with PZIVs without M36s.

Creating a buffed more expensive version of the M10 is bad design imo.
29 Jun 2017, 10:03 AM

Smoke grenades

USF smoke grenades disable vehicles weapon even when they move outside the smoke. This feature should be removed. If one smoke grenade should be aloud to that should be the Blendkorper that was actually designed as an AT grenade.

I would take it a bit further and removed smoke grenades from riflemen since they now have access to mortar smoke. Smoke grenades should be moved to officers and elite USF infantry.
29 Jun 2017, 10:21 AM

Jackson is going to be op as fuck lol. Is it possible to fix the predator cloak on the JP4 so that attacking ground can actually hit it reliably? If I recall it correctly, it can be very tricky hitting it when it is cloaked, even when the attack ground is spot on.

Edit: Panzerfussiliers will still be highly spammable at 7 pop cap, this is still too low if you ask me.
29 Jun 2017, 10:28 AM

Thanks a lot guys! While some changes might be a bit tricky after the meta has set I want to say thank you for doing an amazing job and keeping the game alive.

2 years ago I was sure that CoH2 would be dead by 2016 but thanks to your passion it is better than ever before.
29 Jun 2017, 10:40 AM

Goliath hard nerfed because it was OP before? I guess me and 99.99999% other OKW players must have missed that. If it does same damage as EFA demo what´s the point of building it? 70 ammo and a lot of micro management to kill 2-3 models and force a squad to retreat?
29 Jun 2017, 11:16 AM

The Kubel was already a starting unit in the Brits Beta and noone really liked it. Meh. Why not Volks or sth? On the one hand, factions get more and more normalized, yet again okw gets this weird, situational starting unit now, whereas all the other factions have some sort of relatively normal seeming infantry as first unit.

[...]
- The base flak emplacements no longer deal damage vs airplanes
[...]

lol, a FLAK weapon that deals no damage to airplanes at all? So will it continue to shoot at planes purely symbolically?

29 Jun 2017, 11:58 AM

The EFA revamp started out quite OK with some weird and overcomplicated solutuins, then it became increasingly crazy and wantonly breaking core design elements and mechanics, fixing stuff that was not broken in the first plae... and now this.

I literally do not know where to start. Its all seem to just tailor the game to one particular players strategy and likings (which appears to be back to square one, spam Riflemen and then end all Axis tank play by spamming Jacksons, no other unit is needed).
The OKW changes are mostly just weird. Do not like to deal with Sturmpios at the start? Well, lets just remove them.

But the craziest one is the nerfing Panther. The WFA BP and EFA mod acutally did akinda fixed what was wrong with it, its poor moving accuracy and lackluster damage.. so lets just nerf the moving accuracy of the OKW one, because THAT makes sense LOL. And then hide behind a completely pointless extra tech upgrade.

I could go on but whats the point. For a mod, sure, okay. But I hope Relic will never, ever give any green light to either this or the EFA revamp.
29 Jun 2017, 12:14 PM

The EFA revamp started out quite OK with some weird and overcomplicated solutuins, then it became increasingly crazy and wantonly breaking core design elements and mechanics, fixing stuff that was not broken in the first plae... and now this.

I literally do not know where to start. Its all seem to just tailor the game to one particular players strategy and likings (which appears to be back to square one, spam Riflemen and then end all Axis tank play by spamming Jacksons, no other unit is needed).
The OKW changes are mostly just weird. Do not like to deal with Sturmpios at the start? Well, lets just remove them.

But the craziest one is the nerfing Panther. The WFA BP and EFA mod acutally did akinda fixed what was wrong with it, its poor moving accuracy and lackluster damage.. so lets just nerf the moving accuracy of the OKW one, because THAT makes sense LOL. And then hide behind a completely pointless extra tech upgrade.

I could go on but whats the point. For a mod, sure, okay. But I hope Relic will never, ever give any green light to either this or the EFA revamp.

Yeah this. I had high hopfes for the Revamp but things that need fixing arent addressed while things that aren´t broken get weird changes. I don´t get it. Why not nerf the annoying P47, JU87 loiter bombing runs? That is something that would have needed to be addressed. Not Goliath LUL
29 Jun 2017, 12:30 PM

If you actually had the decency to invest the 30 minutes required to playtest the mod, before storming here to pour your vitriol, you would realise what a fool you're making of yourself here.

We welcome all critical opinion. However, the critical opinion needs to be based on facts, not misrepresentation of them. The only way to get the facts right is to try the mod.

29 Jun 2017, 12:54 PM

If you actually had the decency to invest the 30 minutes required to playtest the mod, before storming here to pour your vitriol, you would realise what a fool you're making of yourself here.

We welcome all critical opinion. However, the critical opinion needs to be based on facts, not misrepresentation of them. The only way to get the facts right is to try the mod.

Yeah keep up arrogant petty backtalk, see where it gets you. And pray tell me, why should I waste time on something that is completely stupid just by looking at the change notes?

The next time you decide that OKW doesn't deserve even Volks and you replace them with Ostruppen, I will be somehow obliged to play that nonsense for 30 minutes just to realize what a retarded idea that would be?

Because yeah, hordes of people were asking for shells that ignore terrain (good bye physics, hello starcraft) or a complete revamp of ten zillion small things that few ever complained about, while ignoring some of the major issues. Such as the USF design that is such that it can simply do away with most of its units and rely on basically just two, double BAR Riflemen and M36.

Or that 50% of the team games you would be facing just hordes of Thompson rangers with M36s/and or Pershing. The 50% is Calliope. Each time, every time.

Which this mod just aggrevates instead of trying solve.

If you actually had the decency to actually listen to feedback before instead of just trying to shovel down your own playing style on everyone else's throat, people and Relic would actually consider bother with your mod.
29 Jun 2017, 12:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Yeah this. I had high hopfes for the Revamp but things that need fixing arent addressed while things that aren´t broken get weird changes. I don´t get it. Why not nerf the annoying P47, JU87 loiter bombing runs? That is something that would have needed to be addressed. Not Goliath LUL

P47 change lol? why? They are good but if you have Ostwind and okw t4 you kill the planes.

Ju87 get changes btw.

P.S I love it when people like Kurfürst talk here as a new account :P
29 Jun 2017, 12:59 PM

P47 change lol? why? They are good but if you have Ostwind and okw t4 you kill the planes.

Ju87 get changes btw.

If I had any say in it I would delete all of these loitering planes from the game. Takes zero skill. You don´t even need to aim. You cant have OKW T4 or Ostwinds everywhere. I remember a couple days ago on Crossroads. P47 loitering run at middle of the map killed my parked P4 which was repairing at base. Bugs like that happen too often. P47 attack targets that are well out of the "circle" all the time.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight