Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
8 Aug 2017, 07:02 AM

Elite troops can fire bren guns on the move. Commandos can 2x equip brens and fire on the move. If you want to blob hard as UKF in teamgames commando with 2x brens + vanguard officer heroic charge is lethal.

Until you have to reinforce all that kappa
8 Aug 2017, 08:49 AM

Elite troops can fire bren guns on the move. Commandos can 2x equip brens and fire on the move. If you want to blob hard as UKF in teamgames commando with 2x brens + vanguard officer heroic charge is lethal.

True and commandos have much better moving modifiers than Tommies.

I was simply responding to an argument that:
Tommies using bren, mills and Piat are affected by their very low moving accuracy and I was pointing out that since none of these weapon can be fired on the move by Tommies, they are not actually affected by it.
8 Aug 2017, 09:48 AM

V2.2 changes

With the help of Dr.Epav and his I.A.C. mod, we have introduced a collection of QoL changes and improvements to help liven up the game experience:

I.A.C. mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937724731&searchtext=i.a.c

Pathfinding changes
Squad Formations
Squad AI

I played the mod earlier today against the CPU out of curiosity. The changes to the squad formations and AI work like a charm, it's really fun, and makes the games feel, well, brand new again. That's definitely a positive addition, albeit it being a bit weird looking sometimes, but I am not used to some infantry moving around that much I guess. I didn't know about the IAC, but it's great you guys work together. Any chance to bring that over to the scope of the official FBP mod?
8 Aug 2017, 09:49 AM

Some other changes that have been in for sometime, while we were working on the fall balance preview mod:

Anti-emplacement damage target tables
Due the effective removal of brace and the extreme amount of damage several abilities can cause to unbraced emplacements, we are toning certain abilities down:

- Removed all damage bonuses vs emplacements for all weapons except for goliaths
- MortarHT/Stuka dot modifier vs emplacements reduced from 1.25 to 0.6
- Remaining flame dot damage modifiers reduced from 1.25 to 0.42
- Scavenge artillery damage modifier vs emplacements from 1 to 0.75

The modifiers do not mean that while those abilities remain strong vs emplacements, they will not outright kill them. Adjustments were necessary since Brace duration is 5 seconds.

MortarHT
MortarHT flame barrage has become too unreliable; especially with the small hitbox size of certain emplacements.

- Incendiary DoT spread reduced from 14 radius to 7 radius (makes damage more concentrated/reliable)
- DoT damage vs emplacements affected from target table changes.

Still says 2.1 ingame. No squad AI to be seen when playing.

You can tell if you're playing v2.2 or later if the squad formation of Combat Engineers looks different from that of Conscripts, and both look different from what is in the live game.

Note that the only squads that have received idle squad AI are undisciplined squads (e.g., Conscripts, Volks, Penals, Osttruppen, RE's). That's because all currently available idle AI is bad (and we cannot modify squad ai files). All non-weapon-team squads, however, have received squad-ai changes to their attack plans.

I played the mod earlier today against the CPU out of curiosity. The changes to the squad formations and AI work like a charm, it's really fun, and makes the games feel, well, brand new again. That's definitely a positive addition, albeit it being a bit weird looking sometimes, but I am not used to infantry moving around that much I guess. I didn't know about the IAC, but it's great you guys work together. Any chance to bring that over to the scope of the official FBP mod?

We'll definitely try pathfinding improvements and formation changes.

For squad-ai, we first have to get assurances from Relic that they will let us modify squad-ai to improve it. e.g., all squads should at least be allowed to take potshots at their direct target before being forced to seek cover (that way AT weapons do not become unusable*).

If we use current squad-ai, the outcry is going to be vocal enough for squad-ai never to be seen again.

Btw, fixing squad-ai will also allow for squads to become more "chatty" during combat.

*In the mod handheld AT is on a good spot with squad-ai, given that they have passive prioritise vehicles on; so I guess they're still usable.
8 Aug 2017, 12:52 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

There is any way that the last member of the a squad is the grenade launcher?
8 Aug 2017, 12:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

There is any way that the last member of the a squad is the grenade launcher?

You mean, that the guy, who wants to make a faust don't get killed all the time?
8 Aug 2017, 13:56 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Until you have to reinforce all that kappa

Heroic charge 0.25 RA modifier OpieOP. Only indirect will work
8 Aug 2017, 15:47 PM

Heroic charge 0.25 RA modifier OpieOP. Only indirect will work

Opieop. No kappa there.
8 Aug 2017, 15:51 PM

Guys,

Can you please take your live-version discussion off this thread, please?

Thanks.
8 Aug 2017, 17:56 PM
Donator 11

so... when is the tiger gonna be good again?
19 Aug 2017, 22:09 PM

V2.3 changes
With v2.3 we aim to achieve the following
- Update the Revamp mod using feedback and bugfixes from the FBP mod (i.e., updating the stats)
- Explore an alternative idea for the late-game. This includes changes to the OST Panther and the - units directly affected by it
- Examine an alternative idea for Forward Retreat Points

20 Aug 2017, 01:16 AM

I don't think nerfing the BAR will make elites more atractive, MP cost and bleed is usually the concern with them, not munition investment or moving DPS.
Though that will make the BAR more of a "chill in cover" weapon which is interesting.
20 Aug 2017, 03:26 AM
Patrion 14

interesting FRP development. certainly adds a skill (thinking) factor which is better.
20 Aug 2017, 12:22 PM

regarding the mg hold fire button, is it just the gunner that holds his fire or the whole squad? cuz i was thinking of ambushes from the ostheer doctrines that have Ambush Camouflage
20 Aug 2017, 15:36 PM

List of changes are all pretty good, and OH SHIT you fixed the bugged the Support Paratrooper healing! Finally! I've been waiting for that forever!

And the new Vet abilities for the Soviet heavies (KV series in particular) really give me a much better performance if I decide to invest in them.

I always had a soft spot for the KV-1, and with it's new damage soak role I can actually get to higher Vet levels!
20 Aug 2017, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2017, 12:22 PMAlphrum
regarding the mg hold fire button, is it just the gunner that holds his fire or the whole squad? cuz i was thinking of ambushes from the ostheer doctrines that have Ambush Camouflage

They have hold fire in live I think and all squad members hold fire so your ambush doesn't get messed up.
20 Aug 2017, 16:01 PM

ML-20/LeFH/Priest/Sexton
We find that static artillery pieces are too good at barraging the base sector, as well as static buildings, often with no effort involved from the attacker. To rectify this, we are increasing Scatter penalties when firing in the Fog of War

- Scatter penalties for firing into fog of war increased from 1.25 to 2
- (the penalty does not affecte Priest/Sexton creeping barrage)

I can imagine this creates a new problem. When you had a Truck under bombardment before, you knew you could move your men away and know that you'll be save. Whereas now, the area will be bigger so you never truly know where the rounds will land over this area. Better pray the RNG Gods are on your side as you move away. :P
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS