Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
2 Jul 2017, 22:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

-Do weapons abilities benefits from veterancy bonuses?
For example: HVPA on Jackson. Hardpoint_01 means the main gun right? Doesn't the vet should be applied directly to the weapon ability as well since it's using a different profile? I'm asking cause with indirect fire, the vet is applied to each of the barrage types.

HVAP does benefit from vet as the bonuses applies to hardpoint_01 which is swapped over to the HVAP weapon when the ability is triggered.
2 Jul 2017, 22:17 PM

1.9 nice changes but

IRHT
- Scan range reduced from 120 to 70

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I agree, that was incredibly unnecessary. What gives?
2 Jul 2017, 23:50 PM

I agree, that was incredibly unnecessary. What gives?
yea just like demos booby traps and all kinds of other things, get overnerfed. llike how booby trap is same as okw ober trap but booby is doctrinal lol
3 Jul 2017, 00:01 AM

whats the repair rate for USF's Vehicle Crews?

AND regarding the OKW kubel, please dont force us to start or have this unit, ive been playing the mod and it can lose to a rear echoleon squad thats out of cover. With the Armour nerfs makes its combat effectiveness sucks balls. I know its got a cool ability but not being able to stand its ground against 1 squad, let alone have absolutely no scaling makes it suck and a waste of space
3 Jul 2017, 00:48 AM

AND regarding the OKW kubel, please dont force us to start or have this unit, ive been playing the mod and it can lose to a rear echoleon squad thats out of cover. With the Armour nerfs makes its combat effectiveness sucks balls. I know its got a cool ability but not being able to stand its ground against 1 squad, let alone have absolutely no scaling makes it suck and a waste of space

Maybe this will finally kill Kubel cheese, when it dies you can salvage it, OKW losing it's special snowflake faction is the best part of this mod.
3 Jul 2017, 04:34 AM

Maybe this will finally kill Kubel cheese, when it dies you can salvage it, OKW losing it's special snowflake faction is the best part of this mod.

Every fraction starts with a unit that has a defined and useful end-game purpose. Even soviet engineers when used properly are effective, much less useful late-game.

Kubel has zero such staying power. Mines, vetted infantry, vehicles.... much less the lowered armour values make this thing worthless past 5-10mins.

To just blindly point at "special snowflake status" to cripple a fraction is asinine.

Shit even a ratken start would be more helpful....

3 Jul 2017, 06:15 AM

I talk about ostheer panther and it losing hard, how do you guys not understand lol?

Panther still will get outranged, the Jackson can kite it forever. This means that the extra hp on the Jackson will be the game changer since the extra damage of the Panther can be kited by range alone.

I don't want to take side but on the current design of the game or the Jackson is OP or it is UP. That's the problem when you only have one single unit to counter mediums/heavies/super heavies.

I wish good luck for the modders to make it somewhat balance.
3 Jul 2017, 11:47 AM

TL;DR: You can't really kite vehicle vs vehicle combat when both have roughly same speed and the range difference is 5.
I think the match up is still decided by RNG. Whether the PV manages to close in/hit its shots, or whether the Jackson manages to pen the PV frontal armor.

THAT BEEN SAID:
-Does the Jackson need the increase on accuracy base AND the increase at vet2. Is it overkill improving reload/pen with vet rather than giving it the usual mobility acceleration/v. rotation/w. rotation? Compared to all other TD on the game it's heavily focused on pure raw offensive capabilities.

-NOT SURE what happens now with the matchup against the OKW PV which seems it doesn't benefit from the increase damage. That COULD be an issue.

-Do weapons abilities benefits from veterancy bonuses?
For example: HVPA on Jackson. Hardpoint_01 means the main gun right? Doesn't the vet should be applied directly to the weapon ability as well since it's using a different profile? I'm asking cause with indirect fire, the vet is applied to each of the barrage types.

Well, it seems I was considerably wrong when it came to those stats. As for the vet 2, I feel the same way.
3 Jul 2017, 13:34 PM

Where can I find the British revamp post?
3 Jul 2017, 13:45 PM

yea just like demos booby traps and all kinds of other things, get overnerfed. llike how booby trap is same as okw ober trap but booby is doctrinal lol

Who needs booby traps when he has demos ? :snfPeter:
3 Jul 2017, 14:18 PM

Where can I find the British revamp post?

3 Jul 2017, 16:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

HVAP does benefit from vet as the bonuses applies to hardpoint_01 which is swapped over to the HVAP weapon when the ability is triggered.

So is this a case by case scenario (each unit having hardpoint assigned) or there's a difference between timed based abilities vs barrage type units?

I ask cause i was told that LM vet 2 was not working (fortunately).
I "assumed" that since indirect fire units have their vet applied independently for each barrage type (since they use different profiles for each) something simil would happen to other units as well.

3 Jul 2017, 16:32 PM

So is this a case by case scenario (each unit having hardpoint assigned) or there's a difference between timed based abilities vs barrage type units?

I ask cause i was told that LM vet 2 was not working (fortunately).
I "assumed" that since indirect fire units have their vet applied independently for each barrage type (since they use different profiles for each) something simil would happen to other units as well.

Veterancy applies to specific hardpoints (i.e., weapon-slots)

There's 3 types of special weapon types:

- Change weapon: This changes the weapon on a particular hardpoint; therefore the weapon benefits from veterancy (that's for Jackson/M10/AT HVAP)
- Artillery attack: This uses a particular hardpoint (supplied by the artillery attack command). The hardpoint in question only benefits from veterancy that was applied to that hardpoint in particular.
- Accessory weapon: This uses a particular weapon temporarily from hardpoint 1, replacing the gun. That's the system usually employed for grenades. It's also used for certain artillery attacks, due to artillery projectile shenanigans. Accessory weapons benefit from Hardpoint_1 veterancy bonuses. Most targeted attacks use this weapon.

It's identical to EFA engineers. Except for the fact that Vehicle crews have much higher veterancy requirements (which is offset by the fact that they deal vehicle damage).

Maybe Kubel isn't the best choice for an early unit. However, I would disagree on the scaling part.

Kubel Vet4 is pretty sweet. It gets suppression that you can use in conjunction with camouflage for nice ambushes. You get to Vet4 a lot faster. At Vet2, the Kubel also gets self-repair, which means you no longer have to allocate engineers to repair it.

3 Jul 2017, 16:42 PM

That's the problem here. You expect a kubel to be able to 1v1 a squad without kiting. You couldn't do that with a jeep or bike in coh1 (except against pios or engis), so why should that be allowed in coh2?

BTW, dodge will also lose to a single squad without kiting, and that thing costs 20 fuel.

Who needs booby traps when he has demos ? :snfPeter:

Yeah lol
3 Jul 2017, 17:42 PM

That's the problem here. You expect a kubel to be able to 1v1 a squad without kiting. You couldn't do that with a jeep or bike in coh1 (except against pios or engis), so why should that be allowed in coh2?

BTW, dodge will also lose to a single squad without kiting, and that thing costs 20 fuel.

Yeah lol

look at the kubel changes dude, it cant kite
3 Jul 2017, 18:05 PM

Maybe Kubel isn't the best choice for an early unit. However, I would disagree on the scaling part.

Kubel Vet4 is pretty sweet. It gets suppression that you can use in conjunction with camouflage for nice ambushes. You get to Vet4 a lot faster. At Vet2, the Kubel also gets self-repair, which means you no longer have to allocate engineers to repair it.

Thank you for addressing this.

I admit that a well vetted kubel has its uses. However, disregarding lowered vet requirements (which I fell are offset by lowered armour values) this is a monumentous task for a light vehicle.

I have in my 3k+ hours achieved v5 kubel ONCE. And this is after making such an achievement a primary goal in any map that is good for the unit. Maybe the patch makes vetting / surviving to higher levels more obtainable... but it is incredibly difficult none the less.
3 Jul 2017, 18:21 PM

look at the kubel changes dude, it cant kite

Why? They made the moving burst duration much longer and gave it more health in compensation for the armor. Did I miss where it says "removed wheels from kubel, crew now has to push"?
3 Jul 2017, 18:25 PM

Why? They made the moving burst duration much longer and gave it more health in compensation for the armor. Did I miss where it says "removed wheels from kubel, crew now has to push"?

Kite cuz it can out range infantry squads? Kite cuz it can effectively fire on the move and keep its gun on the enemy and do enough damage? you clearly have no idea how this unit works, sounds to me like you've never in your life even played OKW
3 Jul 2017, 18:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Do note the Revamp Kubel gets shared XP so if it hangs back in early fights, it will quickly obtain veterancy.
3 Jul 2017, 18:37 PM

Maybe Kubel isn't the best choice for an early unit.

Then remove it as a starting unit. I can see what your trying with the kubel, its a nice idea but that doesn't mean its the right/best one. Having the sturms starting was not a problem in the first place.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS